Metal Detecting Tips and Logistics

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nickndfl

Sunshine State
Benefactor
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Mars
I plan on doing some beach metal detecting. What is the best unit < $600 for saltwater? I was thinking of the Minelab X-Terra or Garrett 600?

Picked up a NIB Nokta Legend Pro Pack for $300 on Marketplace. The next gen came out this month with a different coil, but @ 50% off could not pass it up.

I flashed the latest sofeware and set it up. Going for lost rings and treasure this weekend.20230724_134604.jpg20230724_134607.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Inaugural hunt this evening:
1. We observed the dual rocket launch.
2. We observed a loggerhead turtle up close laying eggs.
3. We found 1 penny, 1 dime & 2 Corona bottle caps in 1 mile back and forth.
4.Wife unit yapped the whole time. I should have worn the headphones.

Last edited:
Just a bump........

A Gold Ring Festivus Miracle​

A few weeks ago Mike (Gr8Finds) and I volunteered to search with our metal detectors for a lost gold wedding band. We met with the property owner and he showed us an area he had marked off where he thought he had lost his ring. We searched for a few hours with no luck and eventually gave up for the day. Two days ago Mike called and asked me if I was willing to search again for the lost ring. Not long after we started we found the gold ring well outside of the area we had been directed to search on our first visit. Just in time for Christmas, the property owner was reunited with his lost wedding band.

About Aquachigger:I like to make videos that promote my lifestyle of outdoor adventure, metal detecting, yapping, searching for river treasure, SCUBA diving, exploring abandoned places, hiking, caving, caring for animals and pets, and observing the things outdoors that often go unnoticed. I keep my YouTube "Aquachigger" channel family-friendly and hope you subscribe if you like my style.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@aquachigger/videos

Back
Top Bottom