Ray Dalio sees dollar crisis about two years away

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

These two quotes are from a few years ago.
Sounds like the IMF is full of doom and gloomers...

More: http://gata.org/node/19528
Yes I saw this.
It raises the question as to why preach doom now ?
In order to hopefully get our idiot gov to correct its course. If ya wait until there is a crisis on the doorstep it's suddenly too late to correct course.
Also, when we're talking a nearly 250 year old system entering end game, does it really matter if someone's warning comes at the two year mark, five year mark, or ten or twenty. In the grand scheme of things, all of those time frames will be right at the end, if you were to graph it out.

The difference is, that some people have better and earlier foresight than others do.

Where some can take a quick educated look at a situation and see impending doom, most others are still just going along fat dumb and happy.

Imho, anyone should be able to understand easily where an inflationary monetary system inevitably leads, but the vast majority haven't a clue about stuff like that.

Case in point, one of the top economic advisors to the bidet hasn't a clue as to how bonds and gov debt work.
I could run circles around this guy on the topic, as could most (if not all) of everyone else on this forum.
...oh, and he admits that MMT is their policy.
Short, less than two minutes. Just might be the scariest vid you've seen in awhile.

Well we are at the two year mark from Ray Dalio's original dollar crisis prediction. The dollar is facing challenges, but I'm not sure we are at crisis yet.
Again, the point is to do something before there's a crisis.
.....and that means making changes when to most, nothing seems wrong to have to make changes, so they say why change anything?

It'd be like driving cross country on bald tires, and thinking you'll take care of them as they blow out. Ie: when the crisis comes. Well that's what our gov is doing. Except our road trip started around a hundred years ago, and the tires are getting bald.

@Joe King - I agree with your point on the reason for sounding alarms. It totally makes sense coming from a high profile individual such as Ray Dalio. My comment - the first quote in your post - was from ~5 years ago (before Covid) and was addressing the point that the doomer rhetoric was coming from the IMF which is largely an organ of the Fed/US Treasury/US Gov. They have historically provided sober analysis of 3rd world countries' fiscal/monetary situations ("you're fucked and need our help"), but not so much on the USA.

@Joe King - I agree with your point on the reason for sounding alarms. It totally makes sense coming from a high profile individual such as Ray Dalio. My comment - the first quote in your post - was from ~5 years ago (before Covid) and was addressing the point that the doomer rhetoric was coming from the IMF which is largely an organ of the Fed/US Treasury/US Gov. They have historically provided sober analysis of 3rd world countries' fiscal/monetary situations ("you're fucked and need our help"), but not so much on the USA.
They are still doing it. It's because even they can see the writing on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom