Apple has gone bankrupt.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Apple’s no longer among top 5 smartphone vendors in China as domestic brands dominate market​

FRI, JUL 26 2024 1:08 AM EDT

• Apple’s market share has been shrinking in China, down to 14% in second quarter compared with 15% in the first quarter and 16% a year earlier.
  • “It is the first quarter in history that domestic vendors dominate all the top five positions,” said Canalys research analyst Lucas Zhong.
  • Localization of Apple’s Intelligence services in mainland China will be an important move in the next 12 months, Canalys said, as Chinese brands are aggressively incorporating generative AI into their products.
Apple was edged out of the top five smartphone vendors’ list in China in the second quarter, as competition from domestic brands such as Huawei intensifies, according to a Canalys report.

Apple’s market share in China shrank to 14% in the second quarter, the report released Thursday showed, from 15% in the first quarter and 16% in the same period a year ago.

The iPhone maker, which was the third-largest smartphone vendor in the second quarter last year, dropped to the sixth spot with about 9.7 million in shipments, according to CNBC calculations.

More:

Apparently, not really, I wish.

You're right - look at the header on that check. It's not Apple but a settlement fund, separate from the Fruit Company.

This is common with corporations - the division of various functions and claims. Payroll comes out of one bank account, controlled sometimes by one division. Legal payouts another, entirely.

This is the Cupertino Fruit Company shoving its smelly finger in the eyes of those claimants - making it difficult for them to finally get the settlement promised. KNOWING they likely cannot pursue it further.

The divisional structure is not uncommon - recall, 2009. Chrysler LLC went bankrupt, but its parent company, Cerberus Capital Management, just cut them off like a gangrene'd limb and continued apace.

The Fruit Company's actions are a bit moar sinister, and I hope Timmy, the Head Fruit, finds his own personal cachet severely injured. My own opinion is, that circus is living on borrowed time - seems Steve Jobs was the brains behind it all, and even though he plotted a course before assuming ambient temperature, they've run out of road, now.

I think there might be substance to the claim, Apple has missed quarterly reimbursements for sales to some of their resellers.

Apple is a $3.3 Trillion company. There is very little chance they have so little liquidity as to not pay these piddly amounts. Unless, Unless the lying, hiding, stealing is all SO out of control that its hard to comprehend. Which, I guess makes perfect since these days.

Apple is a $3.3 Trillion company. There is very little chance they have so little liquidity as to not pay these piddly amounts. Unless, Unless the lying, hiding, stealing is all SO out of control that its hard to comprehend. Which, I guess makes perfect since these days.
The mentally-ill Queer Mafia controls that company (and other tech-tyrant outfits).

This is what comes of putting mentally-ill people in charge, with huge resources.

And homosexual behavior, like cutting wrists, like pyromania, like animal-cruelty...is an indication of mental illness.

Market cap means shit if they are trading insolvent. History is littered with big cap companies that were smoke and mirror shows.

Apple had real products and made a lot of money. Its more likely they are playing bully games. Perhaps they want to own those companies so they put a hurt on them by not paying and then pressuring to buy them up.

Back
Top Bottom