Disasters - Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes et al

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Anyone been following the flooding in the Appalachian Mountain areas? This is 500 year flood plane stuff here...

Hurricane Update | Catastrophic Flooding In Tennessee | Hospital Rescue & Major Interstate Destroyed​

Reminds me of the flooding around Houston from tropical storm Allison.

Louisiana got the most hurricanes in the last 25 years, but you never know how much damage will occur until it happens. I been through 6 in SE Florida and sustained damage to not having electric for 2 weeks in the summer.

The areas that got wiped out might never be rebuilt or will take several years to recover. I am beginning to think that living on top of a cloud covered mountain might be better than an oceanside retreat.

unrolled

Louisiana got the most hurricanes in the last 25 years, but you never know how much damage will occur until it happens. I been through 6 in SE Florida and sustained damage to not having electric for 2 weeks in the summer.

The areas that got wiped out might never be rebuilt or will take several years to recover. I am beginning to think that living on top of a cloud covered mountain might be better than an oceanside retreat.
7,060 feet here....

30" of rain will ruin a lot of things....even at high elevations....very devastating ...i really cant imagine how it would be as i live in a similar type terrain...worst i have ever dealt with here was 9" in under a hr and it was rough

Last edited:
Wow!

SC pilot's rescue mission thwarted due to arrest threat​

Mules Navigating North Carolina's Impassable Roads To Bring Supplies To Communities Cut Off By Hurricane Helene​

A team of mules is helping deliver much-needed aid to North Carolina residents stranded by the devastating effects of Hurricane Helene.

With hundreds of roads still impassable due to storm damage and flood debris, Mount Ulla-based Mountain Mule Packer Ranch is using their “beloved” pack mules to bring supplies to areas not accessible by vehicle.

“They call them beasts of burden, we call them our beloved mules,” the company wrote on Facebook Monday. “They are capable and willing to work in many conditions most won't. They are not stubborn… they are wise, and require respect.”

More:

FWIW

HURRICANE HELENE UNNATURAL CREATION CAUGHT ON CAMERA ⚠️

My heart goes out to eastern NC...but Biden cant be bothered.​

Don't you remember growing up how different Hurricanes were? The paths were so much more unpredictable and the storms much slower. They would wobble, slow down, turn, or cycle up and down in strength.

This was just a cluster of storms in the Gulf that accelerated very quickly and they also had the path known almost exact the whole time. Please.

This one is a cross post from the real-estate thread Jack gets on a soap box in this and I agree with everything he said, especially when he talks about money going overseas when it's needed here.

Hurricane Helene changed Everything! (Insurance insolvency)​

Oct 1, 2024

There is so much going on with the damage in North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida.

20:52

Hurricane Helene and Government Inaction, Israel Invades, and Free Speech Under Attack​

Hurricane Helene exposes FEMA assistance gap in Appalachian areas​

• Only 1 in 200 homes in flood-hit area has flood insurance
  • Federal flood program doesn't consider rain risks
  • Global warming likely to spur increased rain storms
Oct 3 (Reuters) - As residents of western North Carolina piece together their lives following Hurricane Helene, few will be able to rely on federal flood insurance to help them rebuild.

Roughly 1 in 200 single-family homes in the region is covered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), according to a Reuters analysis of federal government data – a far lower level of coverage than can be found in the coastal and riverside neighborhoods the program was designed to serve.

More:

I hear the dementia-ridden pedophile is finally going to visit the affected areas. That should be good for a laugh. He can sniff some children who are now orphans and regale us all with a story about how a urinal once splashed back at him, so he knows exactly what those people are going through.

flooding3.jpg

I hear the dementia-ridden pedophile is finally going to visit the affected areas. That should be good for a laugh. He can sniff some children who are now orphans and regale us all with a story about how a urinal once splashed back at him, so he knows exactly what those people are going through.

View attachment 13915
Looks like Brandon is reminding him about his 10%.

Hurricane Helene exposes FEMA assistance gap in Appalachian areas​

• Only 1 in 200 homes in flood-hit area has flood insurance
  • Federal flood program doesn't consider rain risks
  • Global warming likely to spur increased rain storms
Oct 3 (Reuters) - As residents of western North Carolina piece together their lives following Hurricane Helene, few will be able to rely on federal flood insurance to help them rebuild.

Roughly 1 in 200 single-family homes in the region is covered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), according to a Reuters analysis of federal government data – a far lower level of coverage than can be found in the coastal and riverside neighborhoods the program was designed to serve.

More:

It's a tough one for me. On the 1 hand the government shouldn't step in and rebuild everyones home with taxpayer dollars. On the other the government stepped in and rebuilt all these cities after the leftists destroyed them when Trump was elected.
I'm sure it sucks to lose everything but if the federal government steps in to make everyone whole here then it sets a precedence and no one will ever buy insurance again.

Just to put things into perspective.

flooding6.jpg

I think the pedophile and Willie Brown's whore can do better. Just saying.

I remember some social media nonsense about "bodies in the trees" in the Galveston area after Hurricane Ike (or was it Harvey? - memory not so clear on which storm it was) that turned out to be utter bullshit. I have no doubt that a lot of people likely died but that turn of phrase is familiar and hyperbolic.

Last edited:
One thing is certain... the government is not stepping up to the plate to assist.

i am associated with groups that pack supplies in to inaccessible areas via horse/mule.........currently the groups in NC and surrounding areas are working around the clock and not currently asking for additional resources of that type to be mobilized to the area .....obviously this may change at any moment

currently they say they have plenty of supplies to pack in ....and all personnel that are area familure currently in service, any additional resources' would be non-productive due to lack of familiarity with local terrain etc, not that areas dont need services but they are providing all that can be effectively mobilized, they possibly may need chainsaw crews to open up some areas but that has not been requested yet

obviously they are dealing with the very remote mountainous areas, not cities or larger towns

this event is different that most of our issues...the most common we deal with is forest fires in the west IE pack in supplies to smoke jumpers and pack out parachutes etc

Last edited:
Last edited:

Edit to add:

NO THANKS. They will just be used to lock it down even more.

FWIW..... donations of large animal foods like Hay etc are being cataloged and stockpiled for transport and ussage as needed in future esp in winter months to replace lost large animal forage

just one of those things that is rarely mentioned in news etc

REPORTER: “What do the states in the storm zone need — after what you saw today?”

BIDEN: “Oh, storm zone? I didn’t know which storm you’re talking about…”

Follow us -> LiveLeak (http://t.me/leaklive)

video

Back
Top Bottom