Disasters - Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes et al

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

'Shameful!' Johnson slammed for saying Congress won’t cut recess short to pass disaster relief aid​

Although Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) plans to visit the western part of North Carolina this week in the "deadly and devastating" aftermath of Hurricane Helene, Politico reports the GOP lawmaker has confirmed that Congress doesn't plan to provide any disaster aid before November.

Johnson's trip to the Tar Heel State comes amid Congress' nearly five-week-long recess, which several Democratic and Republican lawmakers are calling to cut short due to the need to "pass additional disaster relief funding," according to Axios.

However, Politico's Olivia Beavers reported via X early Sunday morning that "Speaker Mike Johnson will NOT be calling the House back early to vote on a disaster aid supplemental in the wake of the Hurricane."

More:

After the deluge, the lies: Misinformation and hoaxes about Helene cloud the recovery​

Far-out tales of space lasers, fake snow and weather control technology — sometimes tinged with antisemitism — have spread after recent natural disasters.

The facts emerging from Hurricane Helene’s destruction are heartrending: Businesses and homes destroyed, whole communities nearly wiped out, hundreds of lives lost, hundreds of people missing.

Yet this devastation and despair is not enough for the extremist groups, disinformation agents, hucksters and politicians who are exploiting the disaster to spread false claims and conspiracy theories about it and the government’s response.

According to former President Donald Trump, the federal government is intentionally withholding aid to Republican disaster victims. Far-right extremist groups warn on social media that officials plan to bulldoze affected communities and seize the land from residents. A tale straight from science fiction asserts that Washington used weather control technology to steer Helene toward Republican voters in order to tilt the presidential election toward Democratic nominee Kamala Harris.

More:

FEMA Arrests Noah For Running Unauthorized Flood Rescue Operation
U.S. · Oct 5, 2024

ASHEVILLE, NC — FEMA arrested Noah this week after they caught the prophet attempting to help rescue people afflicted by the floods.

"This is an unapproved rescue operation and we will not tolerate such behavior," FEMA Spokesman Randy Tarwater told the press. "We apprehended Noah and his so-called ‘ark' attempting to save human and animal lives. That's not what FEMA represents."

After Hurricane Helene annihilated entire communities, the Prophet Noah steered his ark into needy areas to help rescue stranded Americans. FEMA reportedly blocked the seer and told him his saving people was really getting in the way.

"I tried to bring a large shipment of food and water into Appalachia, but FEMA turned me back and told me if I tried to deliver any more supplies they'd arrest me," Noah said. "But I've never been one to take the directives of naysayers to heart so back I went! That's when a guy put me in handcuffs and hauled me away. FEMA even impounded my ark! I worked so hard on that thing."

As of publishing time, FEMA had confiscated all Noah's animals and auctioned them off to pay for another $50 billion to Ukraine.

this is the best personal experience through the whole ordeal...

What Actually Happened in Asheville: A Hurricane Helene Story​

Our Experience During Hurricane Helene

This is firsthand footage captured in Asheville, NC, from Thursday September 25th to Sunday September 29th.

In this sensitive time, we acknowledge the deep pain many are experiencing. We kindly ask everyone to be mindful of others when commenting.

As of October 4th, Jillian still has family stranded in Asheville. We recorded this footage to authentically document the situation as it unfolded on the ground and to help spread the word about the catastrophic devastation so more people can help.

We invite you to join us in praying for and supporting the people affected in Asheville and throughout the states impacted by Helene.

Ways to Help:

BeLoved Asheville:
Venmo: [BeLoved-Asheville](https://venmo.com/BeLoved-Asheville)
PayPal: [BeLoved Asheville](https://www.paypal.me/BeLovedAsheville)

Old Europe:
PayPal: @DangHeleneHelpOE

MANNA FoodBank:
Donate Here (https://donate.mannafoodbank.org)

Asheville Survival Program:
Venmo: @AppMedSolid
CashApp: $Streets1de

Why We Were There:

On September 25th, we were en route from Indiana to Charlotte, NC, with plans to spend one night in Asheville. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we found ourselves unexpectedly staying through one of the worst natural disasters in American history.

As Hurricane Helene approached, we began documenting the unfolding events to share the reality on the ground in real time. What started as a simple recording evolved into a short film that felt essential to capture.

We hope this video offers insight into the rapid, chaotic, and disorienting days leading up to and including Hurricane Helene’s landfall. Watching the footage from NC and neighboring areas, we believe our documentation is vital to understanding how this event unfolded and we hope it inspires you to help in whatever way you can.

Thank you for taking the time to watch our video. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected by this disaster, and we will continue to keep everyone in our thoughts.

Ever Upwards and Shine ON,
N + J

For more about us:
Music: thebergamot.com
Film: stateoftheunity.com

Last edited:

One Week Post Hurricane Helene at the Green River Cove w/ Backstory​

https://account.venmo.com/u/FastFredR... confirm w/ 5926

Join this channel to get access to perks:
/ @fastfredruddock

ABOUT ME
I primarily travel solo but you don't have to to enjoy this channel. Working as a river guide during summers in North America I don't earn a lot of money and live close to the federal poverty level. In spite of this I live a rich life on a frugal budget. If you would like to learn more about traveling in Latin America or maybe frugal travel tips visit https://fastfreds.com/travel and if you would like to come rafting with me check out https://fastfreds.com/raft for details.

UPDATE: Hurricane Helene Western North Carolina Day 7 and 8.​

Hurricane Helene. What's really happening in Western NC Days 7 & 8. MARSHALL, NC Burnesville, NC and Barnardsville, NC

Trigger warning. I am going to share our daily lives over the next few weeks so you can hear first hand what is really happening during this massive event. I will also be sharing the good and the ways I have prepared that have made a huge impact on our ability to function and have the resources and time to help others.

Pray for WNC. This is beyond comprehension what has happened to this area.

Prepare your homes friends. I pray you never need the things you prepare but it will truly be a matter of life or not life for many in this area.

Sprouting jars: These are amazing and sprouts have been a huge survival tool. Fresh nutrient rich food that is easy to grow, grows quick and uses very little water checks all the preparedness boxes.

Tower are the 2nd most important thing! We have all the fresh food we need and don't have to rely on the grocery store to stay healthy eating fresh produce.

No amount of prepping is going to save you if everything you have is washed away. Very heartbreaking situation and FEMA is obviously over their heads on this one.
People must be scattered all over the place there and it cannot be easy to try and get to everyone. How many miles of devastation are there?

I-40 Closure and Hurricane Helene Recovery Update​

The problem with all of these 1st hand accounts is that out of a million people you will get a million different accounts. If you are or were stranded out in the middle of nowhere where the only hope of getting to you is by mule then your account is going to be very different that someone who was right next to a staging area.

Also, there is no geoengineering other than cloud seeding. that iOS the governments only capabilities in that area. The rest of that is just bunk.

IT will be 3-5 years before Asheville gets backs to somewhat normal. They should build new houses out of Quonsets on stilts.

IT will be 3-5 years before Asheville gets backs to somewhat normal. They should build new houses out of Quonsets on stilts.
Nick are you and Walt in the path of this next storm that coming?

To spray something out of a plane, it first has to be added into a plane.
As I've tried explaining to them, the white tube clouds claimed by some to be chemicals sprayed out of plane, are comprised of too much stuff to have fit into the plane to begin with.

The volume of stuff in the so-called chemtrails can be calculated by anyone caring to objectively look into the issue, and all planes have known payload limits.

The former far exceeds the latter.

HAARP I know little about - whether it's radio waves, pressure wave formations, cloud-seeding, or combinations.
HAARP uses radio waves to induce atmospheric heating in the ionosphere.

If HAARP could do even a 1/10th of what of what some people attribute to it, it would be more highly classified than Area 52.
....and you ain't ever heard of Area 52, have ya?

Nothing about HAARP is classified at all.

Somebody has to do paperwork. Not all that shocking really. However, at the very least I would expect them to be able to print people in the right direction to maybe get food and clothing. Probably not a lot of places to spend money around there if there's no power.
I'm definitely not sticking up for FEMA but rn is not the time to be criticizing the job they are doing. Right now people need help. I don't see Glen out there pointing people to the right direction for help either. Cruising around pointing out faults is great clickbait but very unproductive at this juncture.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…