Jobs, side hustles & life styling for $$$

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Neat pics and interesting.

How Medieval People Made EXTRA Money​

The concept of passive income or side hustles seems like a very recent concept, but this has been the norm since medieval times. In this video, we’ll break down how various classes of medieval people earned passive income and the types of side hustles they engaged in.

9:52

Nothing special. I just like the article.

Asking Billionaires How They Got Rich! (Houston)​

Aug 28, 2024

We went to the aspire tour in Houston, Texas and interviewed iconic business legends Daymond John, Kendra Scott, Marcus Lemonis and more.. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Jewelry, fashion, RV Retail, and Entrepreneurship. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

13:43

Enjoyed The Video? Please Leave a Like and Subscribe!: - School Of Hard Knocks

I did, too.

For a majority of my life.

Owning a beater is LIBERATING. You don't worry about some scheissekopf parking next to you at Wally World and leaving a big dent. Let him! He'll do more damage, money-wise, to his own door.

You don't wash it. You change the oil yourself - the cost is, the oil. And it's essentially free transportation.

I wish I'd been able to save photos of my beater fleet, over the years. Ford Granada with the floor rusted out, and wiring I did myself. Three AM General Postal Jeeps (looked like Jeeps but made by a different AMC division; surped out by the Postal Service). The best car I had in that period was Blazing Saddles, my Texas-purchased Ford Pinto Squire. Second best...a two-year-old Yugo I bought for a thousand bucks.

Sadly, the Yugo didn't last. The Pinto, I got five years out of.

Unfortunately, it's harder to do that today. So MUCH electronic crap that just shuts the car down when it doesn't work. You have to buy at least 20 years old to be able to do your own repairs on it, and they are no longer $200. Try $5000 for something sound.

EDIT: When I was a blog editorial and essayist, I did a piece - twenty years ago - on "The Winter Car." Should I post it, maybe over in my "Fiction" corner?

Last edited:
EDIT: When I was a blog editorial and essayist, I did a piece - twenty years ago - on "The Winter Car." Should I post it, maybe over in my "Fiction" corner?

Definitely post it. As to where................here, the car thread or your fiction corner. You be the judge of that.

Susquehanna Exec and Poker Champion on Investing, Risk and Betting | WSJ​

What does playing poker have in common with trading stocks? A lot, according to these top Wall Street traders. From patience and bet sizing to managing risk and reading other players, top firms like Susquehanna use poker to help train new traders.
WSJ’s Gunjan Banerji plays a few hands with two top traders to learn about the parallels.

17:53

Chapters:
0:00 Poker and trading
0:50 Risk management
4:10 Training new traders
5:41 Rookie mistakes
8:18 Ego
9:24 Susquehanna’s culture
11:39 Taylor Swift contracts
14:14 Reading other players

*From the comments below the vid:
Being just an occasional recreational "low risk" video poker player, much of the info may not apply to me, what I did find useful was perhaps how the game of poker parallel's life itself. Like we are all metaphorically dealt a random set of cards at birth, some being dealt a worse "hand" than others, yet having a chance to improve that "hand" (still nothing in life is guaranteed). Your stoic advice of "don't try and chase your losses" and "don't panic" seem useful in everyday life situations (financial or not).

Poker is zero sum. It does not add any value to anything. I do not despise those who play, but I would rather spend my own time on productive activities.

I wrote before that I played poker on a tablet game ("dogs playing poker") and they were really good. I found that the only way to win was to bully them. At that point, I decided that I do not want to play poker if I have to bully the other players. Winning is when everyone gets something good out of the deal. Zero sum is probably a bad play. I hesitate to state it is completely bad, as someone might give a good example of how it can be a positive. I wait for this justification.

Asking Las Vegas Millionaires How They Got Rich!​

Sep 18, 2024

We interviewed business owners all over Las Vegas asking them how they got rich. We asked them about the most amount of money they have made in a year as well as asking for their career/life advice. We interviewed people in a variety of industries such as Clothing, Real Estate, and more. We have a ton of amazing content on the way so make sure you stay tuned for more content soon!

12:54

Not a how to, just something I liked.

10 Years Of Honest Finance Advice In 12 minutes​

Sep 21, 2024

I left my day job at 24 because of these money lessons.

12:46

Came across this one after watching her vid on how she bought her airplane. In it she talks a bit about her "journey." Nothing earthshaking, just how she's trying to reach certain goals. IMO..........took guts to make this. 5 mins long.

YouTube Monetization Journey, Analytics & Beyond​

Here I talk a little bit about my goals and fears in starting the channel, my workflow, and my progress so far. My hope is to eventually be monetized which will help fund the goal of flying around the world, making fitness videos in cool locations and encouraging aviation. I am trying to take some advice from Mr. Beast and my viewers and make a few changes / additions.

5 Easy Passive Income Ideas for 2024​

Sep 18, 2024 NEW YORK

23:24

0:00 Passive income rocks
1:16 Investing (dividend stocks)
5:13 Print on demand
9:53 Digital products
14:07 Affiliate marketing
17:42 YouTube channel
22:23 Question

20 Slow Living Habits That Simplified My Life​

Oct 12, 2024

These simple and slow living habits have helped me slow down and live a more minimalist and clutter-free life.

12:26

10 Crucial Tips For Minimalists From The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck​

Oct 14, 2024 FINLAND

In this video, I’ll be sharing 10 key lessons from Manson’s book that have helped me feel more confident in living life on my terms. I hope that by sharing these lessons, you’ll feel empowered to live life more freely, on your own terms, and with less concern for how you’re perceived. Minimalism is a deeply personal journey, and learning not to care about external opinions has made mine so much more fulfilling. Enjoy!

16:10

Okay, four minutes in and I feel that this is stupid obvious advice. For others who might be deciding to spend 16 minutes of their life, is this helpful?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…