Massive Property Tax Fraud Revealed

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Massive Property Tax Fraud Revealed - Peak Prosperity​

I’ve listened to this guy in a couple different podcasts. I wonder if this is mostly a problem in Texas. I have owned a lot of properties and many different states, and from my experiences the appraisal (assessed value) for tax purposes is always lower than the market value.

I’ve listened to this guy in a couple different podcasts. I wonder if this is mostly a problem in Texas. I have owned a lot of properties and many different states, and from my experiences the appraisal (assessed value) for tax purposes is always lower than the market value.
I'm in Colorado and our property tax just went up 50%!

I haven't watched the video, but property taxes were getting out of hand here in Texas. So much so that we recently had a State wide ballot referendum for property tax relief (which passed) and reduced property taxes around 60%.

I'm in Colorado and our property tax just went up 50%!
But it is still a ton lower than elsewhere. My 5 acre farm in Colorado with 4 bedroom house and several outbuildings was only $300/year even though it was valued at $380,000 (2008).

Here in Wisconsin my house is valued at $129,000 but my taxes are $2,300/year. Thankfully I am in the country, city taxes are much higher--about $7,000 per year on $300,000 house (which is a starter home around here).

The gist of the video is that instead of using appraiser charts to determine values... the political pukes tell them 'Here is our budget. Meet that in your 'appraisals' (i.e., fudge the numbers to meet our budget).

They have the sauce backing up their claim of corruption.

Back
Top Bottom