These autonomous drones can recharge themselves from power lines

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
FWIW (dyodd)

These autonomous drones can recharge themselves from power lines​

Drones get a lot of attention in warfare, but their impact goes way beyond that. The rapid advancement of drone technology has transformed various industries, from filmmaking to agriculture. However, one significant limitation has always been battery life, which restricts the duration and range of drone operations.

This is about to change with the introduction of an innovative self-recharging drone system that utilizes overhead power lines for uninterrupted, long-duration flights. Developed by a team of researchers at the University of Southern Denmark, this technology promises to revolutionize the way drones are used in infrastructure inspection and monitoring.

Long-lasting drones​

Drones are revolutionizing surveying across a spectrum of fields. In agriculture, drones equipped with multispectral cameras provide farmers with detailed data. Farmers can monitor crop health, irrigation needs, and pest pressure, facilitating precision agriculture practices that enhance productivity and sustainability. For infrastructure, drones offer a bird’s-eye view for the inspection of hard-to-reach structures like bridges, towers, and rooftops, reducing the need for risky human inspections. Environmental scientists also utilize drones for ecosystem monitoring, tracking changes in habitats, and mapping remote areas without disturbing the natural environment.

More:

I'd want to see the science behind that.

Not the Scientism; not the insistence from General Dynamics' sales-idiots.

Sounds to me like a scheme to sell a flock of $ half-million-a-unit, turkeys. That are later outperformed by Hobby Lobby repurposed photographic drones.

Dji makes the best drones. I buy mine online and never been to a slobby knobby.

Back
Top Bottom