Bullion retail market (LCS news/reports/commentary)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States

People are selling physical and LCS are swamped with inventory and cash flow problems.

Sounds like some were selling at a short term market top.

Gold And Silver Hold As Inflation Sticks!​

Dec 12, 2023

13:19

Alaskan Stacker Flies an INSANE 5,000 Miles to Buy Silver from my Bullion Dealer!​

Dec 13, 2023

An Alaskan stacker flies an insane 5,000 miles to buy silver from my bullion dealer. In this video a gold and silver stacker from Fairbanks, Alaska visits Tim Marschner of The Coin and Stamp Shop to buy some silver bars. The precious metals stacker flew to New Hampshire because of watching my channel and sharing common ground with Tim. We discuss what it's like stacking gold and silver up north, how Alaskans view precious metals, and why he believes the US dollar and economy is headed for disaster. He also discusses his background with mining for gold and how that industry has changed in Alaska. Watch as I discuss his silver stacking and help him decide what silver bars to purchase. Another stacker comes to the shop to buy gold and I discuss with Tim what should be my next 1-ounce gold target to stack! If we abandon physical cash and adopt a central bank digital currency, you'll need a good stack of silver rounds, silver bars, silver coins, and gold coins as essential barter and wealth preservation. Major economic turmoil is coming...stack now!

14:41

Interview with a Coin Shop Owner. This is Why People Are Selling NOW!​

*This one's 51 minus long. I watched it in parts.

SD Bullion report / commentary. A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Premiered 15 hours ago

14:12

Bullion Dealer Pours MASSIVE Gold Bar at Coin Shop​

Jan 5, 2024
In this video I visit Accurate Precious Metals in Salem, OR to see Tyler melt and pour a massive gold bar. Gold Smelting has been going on for many years and to be able to pour large gold bars you need special equipment. This gold bar contained over 17 ounces of gold it's current market value is over $36,000. If you want to learn about the process of melting gold or smelting gold then this is the video for you. Gold melting and gold pouring is extremely fun to watch. I show the entire process of melting the gold, pouring the gold, and testing the gold as well.

15:17

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SilverDragons47/videos

Next US Bank Fail Cycle from 10 Year Rate Rise Surprise​

Premiered 11 hours ago

The current administration is patting itself on the back using rigged data and financial propaganda as the soft landing narrative precedes the likely next recession.
Yet more accurate data points to job participation levels still not near their pre 2020 covid levels.
Some interesting job data rigging points to consider:
- 10 out of the last 11 jobs reports revised lower
- 25% of jobs gains in 2023 were ultimately revised away
- Government jobs accounted for 25% of December 2023 job gains
- Part-time jobs UP 762,000, full-time jobs DOWN 1.5 million in December
- Full-time job gains are FLAT for 2023, while part-time is up sharply
- Rigged Inflation earnings are still
-3% BELOW 2021 levels and likely worse as the fiat financial powers that be consistently underreport real inflation by a factor of 2 to 3 consistently

23:41

CNBC 3 stock lunch clip on Gold Silver: • 3-Stock Lunch: CRM, DG & Gold
WGC central banks buy +44 metric tonnes net in Nov 2023https://www.gold.org/goldhub/gold-foc...
OFR on How US Banks Remain Vulnerablehttps://www.financialresearch.gov/bri...
Kathleen Tyson presentation in fullhttps://x.com/MEtirol/status/17421843...

That will be all for our weekly SD Bullion Market Update.
As always to you out there, take great care of yourselves and those you love.

Win 500 Silver Eagle Coins. Enter here: https://SDBullion.com/sweepstakes

What Happens to Gold & Silver If Bitcoin Crashes?​

Ever wondered how much Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have impacted gold and silver prices? Many people feel gold and silver would probably be a lot higher if it weren't for cryptos. This question is explored in this video. You might be surprised by the answer.

11:38

Doesn't matter what BTC or the S&P do. Sal produces a lot of videos and bought $80k in gold last year from some of the proceeds of his YT channel. Buy gold, silver and platinum if you need quick escape insurance.

On Sunday nights Sal does a long Sunday Night Market Watch vid. I'll post this one here and a link to the channel. There are some things to see but I don't watch. Just listen in one tab and play around the forum or surf the web in a different tab. You can read the transcript at a link below the vid on u tube.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SalivateMetal/videos

Florida Coin Shop Owner Gives Premiums Update On Silver, Gold & Platinum Coins​

Jan 15, 2024

8:14

Buying BIG 100-Ounce Silver Bars! Dealer Discusses the Wisdom of State Bullion Depositories!​

Jan 17, 2024

In this video Tim Marschner and I discuss massive 100-ounce silver bars. He pulls out some heavy vintage bars from Johnson Matthey and Engelhard, as well as some newer 100-ounce bars from Sunshine Minting and the Royal Canadian Mint. We talk with a new stacker as she buys tubes of silver Canadian Mapleleaf coins and silver "Talent" rounds. We also discuss the pending New Hampshire sound money legislation to establish silver and gold as legal tender and set up a depository in our state. Does having our state government hold silver and gold sound like a good idea? Should you buy a 100-ounce silver bar? And if so, which one? Tim Marschner, of the Coin and Stamp Shop, explains why he thinks a 100-ounce silver bar could be a good barter item. Tim also weighs in on the availability of silver bars and discusses the gold coins he has in stock--including a beautiful gold lion Talent round! Would you rather buy silver bars or go with government minted silver coins or silver rounds? Watch as I make my first 100-ounce silver bar purchase, and we discuss the need to protect yourself from out-of-control governments, the failing US dollar, and central banks who want to steal our wealth and liberties. Make sure you build a stack of silver rounds, silver bars, silver coins, and gold coins as essential barter and wealth preservation!

16:55

Stop Stacking Silver & Gold - DEBT is Now "SAVINGS!” THIS is PURE INSANITY!​

Stop Stacking Silver & Gold. “Debt is SAVINGS!” Yes, this is the INSANITY they want you to swallow! Our national debt now tops $34 trillion, a record high. Should you be concerned? Not according to Dr. Stephanie Kelton, a professor of economics and public policy at Stony Brook University. Keynesian crazies think ALL of us should stop stacking silver and gold and completely buy into Modern Monetary Theory (MMT). But this insanity has infiltrated not just halls of academia, but our world’s central banks, our financial institutions, it has infected even Congress and the White House! I was emailed a fascinating yet nauseating clip from NPR. Stephanie Kelton helps set policy in our government! She served as a senior economic adviser for Bernie Sanders. She’s a powerful mouthpiece for MMT. She argues that our powerful central bank--the Federal Reserve, the FED--can not only run its currency printing presses non-stop, but that the FED SHOULD print as fast and as hard as they can because it’s a good thing! We should embrace the national debt! MMT is a lie. And this is another reason why I stack silver and gold. Precious metals. Real tangible money. Wealth insurance. A hedge against runaway governments, out of control central banks, and MMT nutjobs like Stephanie Kelton.

Does my Coin Shop Owner have insider info on Silver and Gold?​

Jan 26, 2024

25:58

Follow along using the transcript below the vid on youtube.

Lucky Stacker Finds PILES of Gold and Silver in a DUMPSTER! Dealer Left Complete STUNNED!!​

In this video my bullion dealer is left completely stunned by one lucky gold and silver stacker as she dives into a dumpster to retrieve piles of precious metals. Her visit to gold and silver dealer was incredible and Tim and I both marveled at the gold coins and silver coins she pulled out of the trash. What amazing coins did she find? How did she select this amazing dumpster? And what else was in the trash? Watch as Tim Marschner of The Coin and Stamp Shop humorously asks the stacker, "How do you choose a dumpster to dive in" to find gold and silver? In this video, he also gives an appraisal and buys a silver frame from a customer. Finally, Tim reflects on the growing chaos in the Middle East, the flood of people crossing our southern border, and what our presidential administration should do!

17:47

Record Gold Silver Demand Continues Before Spot Prices Fully Breakout​

Premiered 8 hours ago

A bit mixed for silver and gold, respectively, as the week's price trading action ended downward after another phony jobs report by the Bureau of Lying Statistics and future revision admissions.
The spot gold price closed its eleventh week in a row above the key $2,000 oz level, while the spot silver price finished below $23 oz on the week.
Gold's relative strength led to a rising spot-gold-silver ratio, closing this week at 90.

12:34

Both Gold And Silver Peaked In 1980​

In real (inflation-adjusted) dollars, both gold and silver peaked in 1980. We'll look at charts for the two metals and discuss their applicability to current price expectations. Silver first...

More:

Silver the New Gold in the East, then West​

The spot gold price finished its 12th week in a row above the important $2,000 oz price consolidation and coiling. More on that in a minute. Meanwhile, the spot silver price finished sideways, basically flat under $23 oz.
The spot gold-silver ratio dipped to 89 as a result of gold's relative trading weakness this week.
Thailand was reported this week as having a large uptick in gold demand in 2023.
That is not a surprise if one simply takes a quick gander at their local fiat currency, Thai Baht, getting smoked by gold's ongoing value.
What is also of importance here remains the simple axiom of where gold goes, silver eventually follows.
As we swing now to northern Africa and the long time gold and silver saving culture of Egypt.
Apparently now gold is locally being increasingly shunned by common physical buyers, opting for silver as the better value purchase. As you can see, even with this understated official exchange rate long-term chart of gold and silver in fiat Egyptian pounds, where gold went silver followed.
Locally, in the real world, we can multiply these charts by more than twofold as the real street level exchange rate has recently spiked to over 70 fiat Egyptian pounds to $1 fiat US dollar.
Here's Reuters this week on why silver buying in Egypt is growing versus gold.
A similar growing silver buying phenomenon occurs in virtually every culture whose fiat currency goes through durations of devaluations.
To think we're immune to akin happening here is exceptional foolishness. So, take advantage of relatively low spot prices and premiums while they last here in the Western world.

18:22

That will be all for our weekly SD Bullion Market Update. As always to you out there, take great care of yourselves and those you love.

- Over $34.2 trillion was the US National debt as of Feb 8,2024: https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/ameri...
- CHINA’s New Year buyers look to gold as stocks and property crash: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/inte...
- China's Young People Can't Afford To Buy Homes, Turn To Invest In Gold | Money Mind | Investment - • China's Young People Can't Afford To ...
- 60 Minutes Powell clip: • Fed Chair Jerome Powell: The 2024 60 ...
- Thailand Gold Demand is up in 2023: https://www.thailand-business-news.co...
- Silver the New Gold in Egypt video by Reuters: • Why silver is the new gold in Egypt |...
- Luke Growmen on Gold 2024 clip by RiskReversal Media: • The Bull Case For Stocks as S&P Hits ...

DEALER REVEALS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SILVER HITS $30...$40...$100 AN OUNCE!! GSR "FAIL"??​

In this video my bullion dealer explains what happens when silver hits $30, $40, even $100 an ounce! Tim Marschner of The Coin and Stamp Shop explains what happened back in 2008 (and earlier) when the spot price of silver broke all-time record highs. Did people sell all their silver? Did new gold and silver stackers start buying bullion? And did institutional investors and traders start getting into precious metals? I also as Tim if he would have enough cash to buy all the silver people would bring in, and whether there would be enough gold to satisfy all the silver stackers playing the gold-to-silver ratio (GSR) with physical precious metals. The answers may surprise you!! Never before has stacking precious metals been as important to do as it is today. Protect yourself from out-of-control governments, evil central banks, and the failing US dollar's grip as the world's reserve currency. Make sure you build a stack of silver rounds, silver bars, silver coins, and gold coins as essential barter and wealth preservation!

17:24

You would think the BRICS would set up buy here gold outlets in the USA to absorb excess supply unless they have a hard currency shortage?

Hmmm....
We've uncovered information raising the possibility another ugly blow up may be coming in the retail precious metals industry...

Warning

A somewhat known online bullion dealer recently had its BBB accreditation revoked amid a pattern of complaints alleging 1-3 month delivery delays, poor communication, and other service issues. (There are no reports of actual financial losses.)

The retail bullion market is relatively slow at present, with inventory highly plentiful. That's also why premiums today are low compared to most of 2020-2023.

As such, there is simply no good excuse for multi-week shipping delays after a customer's payment has cleared.

Regardless of market conditions, there is NEVER a reasonable excuse for multi-month shipping delays.

Oh oh, let me guess before I read past the first paragraph. Hmm.... Kitco would be my first guess. Then maybe and this would be a shocker but perhaps Apmex.

Kitco seems like a good guess based upon their recent website troubles, but it's still listed in the BBB website as accredited:

Apmex is also listed as accredited:

I started checking the BBB website for dealers listed (reviewed) in the Marketplace forum and found:

Accredited
~~~~~~~~~~~
SD Bullion
Provident Metals
JM Bullion
BOLD Precious Metals

Not Accredited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silvertowne - Zero complaints listed
Scottsdale Mint - 4 complaints in last year
Monex Precious Metals - 1 complaint in last year (BBB mentions some legal action taken by CFTC against Monex)
Gainesville Coins - 187 complaints in last year! Accredation was revoked.

I stopped looking after Gainesville.

Ok, that wouldn't even be a shocker. Did anyone here even try to use them? Think they are waaaay smaller than the old Tulving and NW Mint

Dealer Questioned About Silver's RETAIL MARKUP! What He Reveals SURPRISED ME!!​

Feb 14, 2024

In this video I ask my bullion dealer explains the gold and silver markup at a retail level. When a local coin shop dealer, like Tim Marschner of The Coin and Stamp Shop, sells silver there is a markup or premium added in order for the business to stay in business. What he reveals--namely trying to make $1 an ounce on silver--really surprised me. The profit margins are super tight! Tim discusses answers this question as well as the possible markup with a gold and silver miner, refiner, mint, wholesaler, and finally to the retailer who sells the precious metals to the customer. We also discuss supply and demand of the 2024 Canadian Silver Mapleleaf and what his wholesaler is selling Tim. Finally, we review the various silver and gold options available at this coin shop. It's a rare quiet time at Tim's store and a great opportunity to learn more about stacking silver and gold!

22:14

We Print Money, And People Believe It​

The spot gold price closed again for now three months, running above the building's $2,000 oz price support.
The spot silver price had some pop in trading today, finishing the week's trading with both bid and ask prices well above $23 oz.
The spot gold-silver ratio fell sharply, with silver's strength trading down to 86 at the end of the week.

9:53

Barrick CEO Sees Upside Risk to Gold Prices • Barrick CEO Sees Upside Risk to Gold ...

Patrick Vierra from SBTV spoke with Patrick Yip, Director of Business Development for APMEX about the types of precious metals he sees people buying and why.

Discussed in this interview:
01:10 Silver price and demand
08:14 Precious metals premiums in 2024
08:58 What are people buying and why?
17:08 Global tensions and precious metals
22:47 Walmart gold and silver

Let's see.........here or the commodities thread???????? Well I'm already here.

Basically a podcast, nothing to see. Can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab.

Hydrogen Tech Poised to Revolutionize Auto Industry and Metal Demand - Jeff Christian

Jeremy Szafron, Anchor at Kitco News, interviews Jeff Christian, Managing Partner at CPM Group, where he gives an in-depth analysis of the precious metals market. From central banks' gold acquisition strategies to the impacts of economic fluctuations on gold as a safe haven, and the role of silver in the tech and green sectors. Jeff also shares his expert take on the shifting dynamics of the platinum group metals market, the future of the U.S. dollar amidst China's gold buying spree, and the potential of hydrogen technology in reshaping the auto industry and its demand for metals. 29 mins long.

00:00 - Introduction to Precious Metals Discussion
00:56 - Central Banks' Gold Acquisition Strategies
04:14 - The Growing Importance of Silver and Platinum
06:36 - China's Gold Buying Impact on the Dollar
09:02 - Global Recession Concerns and Economic Outlook
13:20 - Investor Shift from ETFs to Physical Gold
14:46 - Adapting to EV Market Dynamics: PGMs’ Future
17:35 - Hydrogen Technology’s Potential Market Revolution
19:53 - Recession Forecast and Political Turbulence
22:10 - Silver’s Role Amid Solar Panel Demand Fluctuations

Silver Set to Surge | How to Misplay it by MoneyWeek​

The spot silver and gold price markets through this Thursday evening have been mixed, with gold steadily climbing higher and silver selling off very slightly through the week thus far.

The spot gold is likely to close this week again above the $2,000 oz price support level, with the spot silver price battling to close again above $23 oz.

The spot gold-silver ratio has climbed through Thursday at 89.

That will be all for our weekly SD Bullion Market Update. As always, to you out there, take great care of yourselves and those you love.

17:17

Does The VAT Hold Back Silver Purchases​

Feb 19, 2024

Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab.

Precious Metals can maintain special positions in the market in relation to tax regimes. Like many topics, this is a complicated subject, and is especially complicated because different types of precious metal products are treated differently. 33 mins long.

DYODD

GOLD Highest Closing Price Ever || Western Sentiment Still Trash🗑️

Gold in fiat US dollars had its highest price close ever today.
Yet those living in the Western world would hardly know this fact, given the rampant bubbles ongoing in respective competing asset classes.
The spot gold price surged to close the week's trading just below $2100 oz.
The spot silver price followed with a slight pop to close the week above $23 oz.
The spot gold silver ratio still finished laughably high just below 90 on the week.
That said, in a bullion bull you want to see gold lead so let's see if gold can continue its strength next week.

22:21

Yellen Seeks Way to Use Frozen Russian Assets to Aid Ukraine • Yellen Seeks Way to Use Frozen Russia...

Blog style opinion piece, nothing to see, can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab. Take it fwiw and dyodd.

Gold, Silver And The NEW Bretton Woods Agreement!​

Mar 2, 2024

In this video, Lior Gantz and I discuss gold's price support and silver. We also go through the history of the Bretton Woods system and what it would look like in a period of de-globalization. 18 mins long.

DYODD with this one. Nothing to see, can listen in one tab, surf the forum in a different tab.

Dr. Charles Nenner - The West May Not Survive​

Patrick Vierra from SBTV spoke with Dr, Charles Nenner from the Charles Nenner Research Center. Dr. Nenner spoke on inflation and war cycles among other things and both of these cycles look to be getting worse. Dr. Charles Nenner is going to give you the information you'll need to know here, please do give this interview a look. 24 mins long.

Discussed in this interview:
01:22 Time with Goldman Schs
03:23 Worry for the USD and for people
07:53 Inflation waves not out of the woods
11:38 War cycles and currencies
15:30 Physical safety and investments

Some interesting people in this one. 15 mins long.

22-Year-Old Musician Doesn't TRUST BANKS! Quickly Wakes Up and Stacks his FIRST GOLD!​

Mar 4, 2024

In this video a 22-year-old musician decides to start stacking gold and silver because he doesn't trust banks or the US dollar! Tim Marschner of The Coin and Stamp Shop explains gold coins to a new stacker and sells him his first 1/10-ounce gold Philharmonic. Are banks about to fail? I ask my gold and silver dealer many questions about precious metals during my visit to my bullion dealer and learn a lot. I think all American patriots and stackers should be concerned that OUR accounts and wealth could be at risk!

Back
Top Bottom