pmbug twitter account

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I registered a Twitter account for pmbug in 2011:

I think I posted maybe 3 things in the last 12 years - it was *not* an active account. I started actively engaging with it in the last couple of weeks and it is slowly starting to get noticed. I'm mostly using the account to refer people to the site here along with some witty (I hope) comments and GIFs. If you are on X / Twitter and would like to help, give me a follow and like/repost anything I've posted that you deem worthy.

This morning I checked the account and got a notification that Tom Luongo is now following. It's not easy to build a following on X / Twitter without employing spam methods (which I will not do).

So as an occasional poster here, I can now claim that Tom Luongo is aware of my views 😳

an inversion of what I would have said 🙃

Something seems to have changed with the pmbug twitter account this morning. I'm getting more reactions and follows this morning and when I post a link to content here, it's now rendering a image with the link. It looks like the pmbug account has graduated out of a probationary period.

I got a follow from Caitlin Long a few days ago after this post:

I still haven't quite figured out X

If someone follows me, am I supposed to follow them in kind?

Also, another 'thing' is I get all these hot young babes following me for no good reason. They typically have a link in their bio which leads one to a 'pay me to see me' site.

I block them.

I still haven't quite figured out X

If someone follows me, am I supposed to follow them in kind?

supposed to? not necessarily
able to? sure

You should follow people that post things that you find interesting. When you are looking at the "home" page, you can choose between the "for you" tab and the "following" tab. The former is a collection of stuff that X algos think you might be interested in (or that Elon & co. want you to see). The latter is just posts from people that you chose to follow. I exclusively use the latter.

If you see a post that you find interesting or want to amplify (increase the chances that it appears in the "for you" feeds for everyone), give it a like and possibly repost/reply.

Also, another 'thing' is I get all these hot young babes following me for no good reason. They typically have a link in their bio which leads one to a 'pay me to see me' site.

I block them.

The AI generated hot girl accounts are pretty harmless from what I see (they never post anything). It's throwaway accounts posting crypto spam and mentioning you and 8-9 other random accounts so you get a notification - and then following up a bit later with a like to the spam post that are really annoying. Spamming up the notifications with garbage.

'X' isn't Twitter ...

What do you mean by that?

24 Jul 2023 said:
X.com now redirects to Twitter.com, following a tweet from Twitter owner Elon Musk today, and an “interim X logo” will soon replace the Twitter bird logo. Leading up to the change, Musk spent a lot of time tweeting about it.

Most of the GIMers don't do Twitter/X

Some do some don't. A lot of peeps keep the same screen name on different sites. Using the search feature sometimes produces interesting results.

What do you mean by that?
I think he meant that X isn't censuring conservative views like twitter did

Something seems to have changed with the pmbug twitter account this morning. I'm getting more reactions and follows this morning
... growing interest in PM related accounts?

Last edited:
The ECB got community noted:

I guess you will need to click on the tweet to see the community notes.

Last edited:
So apparently there is a big problem on X/Twitter with scammers impersonating other (famous/high follower count) people, connecting with folks, contacting them via DMs and pitching them on investment scams. In the last month+, I've been targeted by 3 such attempts. The fake accounts copy the profile pictures, descriptions and avatars as the accounts they are impersonating.

The first one that targeted me was from @ArcadlaEconomic (impersonating @ArcadiaEconomic - notice the difference of "l" for "i" in Arcadia). That's Chris Marcus from the company that Rafi Faber works for. The fake account has 1,892 Following and 1,196 Followers so it seems legit at a quick glance. The real account has 635 Following and 27.2K Followers though.

The second scammer impersonated James Turk. My previous post about James Turk following my account turned out to be this scammer. It was pretty obvious after I got a few DM messages from this account that it could not possibly be the real James Turk. The scammer was trying to pitch me on some sort of crypto arbitrage trading schema (claiming it was incorporated into goldmoney.com) LOL. It was somewhat disappointing!

The most recent scammer tried to impersonate Caitlin Long. It was rather odd to see "Caitlin Long has followed you" notification after I was aware that the real Caitlin Long had already followed me some weeks ago. This impersonator account was really obvious as it only had 90 follows and 2 followers.

One common denominator on all these impersonator scammer accounts is that they have zero public posts. Also, they begin DM conversations with a quick pleasantry before asking how you are doing in the markets.

I have reported all the scam accounts as impersonators.

Twitter is so dumb. I post a note and Caitlin Long replies to my note. My note has 236 views. Caitlin's reply has 3,933 views. How is that even possible considering that when you view a reply, you also view the tweet it is responding to.

Twitter is so dumb.
Sorry to hear that. I'm very happy with Twitter. Currently I'm followed by @GoddessBonnie90, an honest working, family loving young girl from Korea who spends her free time helping the poor. It looks like she felt attracted by the deep of my tweets. I'm a happy man.

3.png

burn in envy PM : )

4 posts and 1,300 followers. lol. The thirst is real!

1708874840351.png

The 2 machines are platform extenders. Is Bonnie into Pilates? Maybe an instructor?

4 posts and 1,300 followers. lol. The thirst is real!
Increasing your followers count?, do like her PM, write something and then add a picture of yourself strolling between two beds in a tight outfit : )

Increasing your followers count?, do like her PM, write something and then add a picture of yourself strolling between two beds in a tight outfit : )

Fortunately, I don't need to pimp out my good looks. The good Bishop Talbert Swan has promoted me to the righteous peoples of the world. Surely these people will soon flock to my golden words!

3.png

Should I go with Goddess Brenda or with Goddess Bonnie?
It's not always easy to choose between goddesses, isn't it : )

Right now total members online 285
I remember seeing only 1xx max
I don't know if PMB is keeping track of it, but anyway, I think his activity in X is bringing fruits.
Good job PMB! (y)

^^^^
Could it be a racial thing?????

Back
Top Bottom