pmbug twitter account

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elon Musk saves doctor
Ready for some good news for a change?

The evil SOBs in Canada were smearing the heroic Dr. Kulvinder Kaur Gill, and demanding she pay $300,000 on very short notice as punishment for her criticisms of Canadian Covid policy, particularly lockdowns.

She had managed to raise about half that sum by crowdfunding, but the deadline was fast approaching and it wasn't clear what she would do.

Then Elon Musk intervened and said: we will pay the rest of your expenses.

The official statement read (remember, Twitter has been changed to the silly name X):

X is proud to help defend Dr. Kulvinder Kaur Gill against the government-supported efforts to cancel her speech.

Dr. Gill is a practicing physician in Canada, specializing in immunology and pediatrics. Because she spoke out publicly on Twitter (now X) in opposition to the Canadian and Ontario governments’ COVID lockdown efforts and vaccination mandates, she was harassed by the legacy media, censored by prior Twitter management, and subjected to investigations and disciplinary proceedings by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario that resulted in “cautions” being placed on her permanent public record. The legal battles that ensued cost Dr. Gill her life savings, and she now owes $300,000 in a court judgment due Monday.

When Elon Musk learned earlier this week about her crowdfunding campaign to pay the judgment, he pledged to help. X will now fund the rest of Dr. Gill’s campaign so that she can pay her $300,000 judgment and her legal bills. Free speech is the bedrock of democracy and a critical defense against totalitarianism in all forms. We must do whatever we can to protect it, and at X we will always fight to protect your right to speak freely.

This is very welcome news for the obvious reasons but also because the Canadian authorities surely assumed Gill would be unable to make this payment, and now she's in the clear.

None of this should have happened to her in the first place, but the attempt to destroy her utterly has failed, and that is a very good thing.

3.png

3xx barrier just got violated! 🔥 🔥 🔥

... aaaaand there goes the 4xx barrier!

1.png

If you DM them, I'm sure they will all happily sell you some investing advice.

If you DM them, I'm sure they will all happily sell you some investing advice.
Oh! that's the angle
still learning how X works, I hadn't figured it out

I see you have big names following you (verified ones) ... Bullion Star, Citizens for sound money, two senators, CAITLING LONG, Don Durrett...
Who knew that you are so well connected
you little bug you

Oh! that's the angle ...

Yep. Impersonator accounts try to scam people via direct/private message.

I'm guessing fully half of the traffic on X is bots. Of the actual people there, very few seem interested in actual (public) conversation. Most everyone seems to be engagement farming (they want to get folks to reply to their tweets to get paid by X).

It's nice when you get actual conversation from someone.

All my fake followers are chicks
Both my email and handle are gender neutral
How does X know that I'm a he?

Maybe the bots think you are LGBTQ+ genetic female... :paperbag:

This is a dumb justification for a money grab. There are plenty of ways they could build some bot detection heuristics into the X platform if they really wanted to, but they probably wouldn't be able to command high prices from advertisers if traffic on the site dropped 75% or so when the bots disappear.

1.png

through the 5xx barrier like a ninja knife through hot butter!

6xx barrier conquered inconspicuously

7xx barrier ... past!

Congratulations @pmbug !!!
🔥🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom