Something I made

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CiscoKid

Pirate
Benefactor
Reaction score
Just wrapped this one up. Primary wood is bubinga, an exotic from Africa. Very hard, very heavy. Lift is Gaboon ebony. Hinges were machined from solid brass stock. Faux suede interior. Dovetails were cut by hand. Finish is oil and wax. Box measures 12-1/2" x 6-3/4" x 4".

bubinga5.jpg

bubinga6.jpg

bubinga7.jpg

bubinga3.jpg

bubinga2.jpg

bubinga1.jpg

I like the way the wood grain on the sides runs at a 20-30 deg angle to the bottom. Really catches the eye and makes the box interesting. Nice work!

Those hinges are dope!

At $40 a pair, they should be. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if a cedar liner would improve it any?

I wonder if a cedar liner would improve it any?

Only if you wished to use it as a humidor. You know, like Bill Clinton used Monica Lewinski. And the lid design is all wrong for a humidor. Although I do have a very large slab of Spanish cedar in the rafters of my wood shop. Been up there for decades.

Back
Top Bottom