The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Over the last few days, there's been a good bit of media reporting on the Japanese Yen and I only gave those headlines a cursory look. Maybe I should have been paying more attention...

The dollar surged to a fresh 34-year high against the yen on Friday, bolstered in part by U.S. inflation data that showed no signs of easing, coming in line with forecasts and affirming expectations that the Federal Reserve will likely delay cutting interest rates to later this year.

The dollar's peak against the yen came after the Bank of Japan kept interest rates steady at its end of its two-day policy meeting, although it flagged future rate hikes. With the yen at multi-decade lows, market participants were on alert for possible intervention from Japan to prop up its currency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...dollar-gains-after-inflation-data/ar-AA1nJKaX

The BoJ had announced a while back that were going to end NIRP (negative interest rate policy). Looks like raising rates is causing some of the "Yen carry trade" to unwind - or at least not to encourage sustained levels.

Also, this seems like a HUGE deal, both for Crypto and the stock markets. So I'll just leave it here. I don't know what the percentage was before or how much leverage they used on crypto assets. The DTC is a criminal organization though, so keep that in mind.

Also, this seems like a HUGE deal, both for Crypto and the stock markets. So I'll just leave it here. I don't know what the percentage was before or how much leverage they used on crypto assets. The DTC is a criminal organization though, so keep that in mind.

How is it the DTCC has gained 'control' over crypto??

The DTCC OWNS everything, just about. If you have it "something" with a broker the DTCC owns it. Think of them as the FED of banks for stocks/bonds/whatever else brokers are doing. In my mind, this is kinda like the Comex changing gold/silver margin requirements.

The DTC does Not own/control cryptos that you have in a hard wallet or stocks that you have the certificate or supposedly DRS to your name with a transfer agent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom