The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

he may well be correct in regards to property prices but his dramatic claims shout out too loudly to folk trying to make sense of it all and leave the less well informed with a possibly distorted understanding.

He was screaming gold price collapse for a long time and never, as far as I am aware, offered a review of how he got it so wrong .

For me, also trying to make sense of it all, he’s in the same category as Bix ‘ let’s break the Morgue’ Weir with his certainty that if we all bought silver, it would destroy the biggest bank and the price rigging ….

Gold and silver showed some strength in the overnight (Asian) trading. Will Wall Street fight the momentum or capitulate?

Been here since 2012 🙃
Possibly when the crash started
It ends when the US $ becomes ignored by RoW and printing becomes pointless.

Might be a few ups and downs before then

We are on the verge of a crash. I can feel it. Just wish I knew exactly when it starts and ends. Anyone help me out there?
It’s already happening brotha. You just can’t see it. There’s a lot of music on the deck of the Titanic.
My gut tells me that when they’re no longer able to paper over the critical failures, we go to war with Russia. If you know how to play it, you could be the richest man in the apocalypse 😂👍

The consumer price index accelerated at a faster-than-expected pace in March, pushing inflation higher and likely dashing hopes that the Federal Reserve will be able to cut interest rates anytime soon.

The CPI, a broad measure of goods and services costs across the economy, rose 0.4% for the month, putting the 12-month inflation rate at 3.5%, or 0.3 percentage point higher than in February, the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.3% gain and a 3.4% year-over-year level.

More:

What was that? An $80 swing in the price of gold. That will give people something to talk about over the weekend. Could it be a distraction or the banks and FED supporters an opportunity to impose their control over gold spot price again?

Gold catching it's breath around USD $2,400. Silver broke through $29 overnight. Looks like they might close near their high points for the week.
tenor.gif

Ended near Unch... Did i miss something? They did change tactics a bit and run it up to the 11am London close. That's almost always a good time for a intra-day trend change.

That $80 swing in spot gold was NOT pure market forces. Somebody put their thumb on the scale to get max bid on calls and then took it off for the the puts.

30 was obvious resistance level for silver and it hit 29.90 before reversing. Had a nice 5 week run from around 22.50 to around 30. 30%in 5 weeks. Not bad. A pause here would be very healthy. Maybe pull back to the 26 dollar range and form another base from which to stage it's next launch. I think it was getting a little extended above it's 20 DMA.

In the same time period gold moved from roughly 2050 to roughly 2450. 400 bucks in 5 weeks. No complaints. Right now the 20 DMA is around 2250. If that holds then it's a nice healthy pullback and a good place to form a base for the next launch.

I'll be watching those levels and if they hold then I'll buy back into FSM and maybe add some CDE as well.

Markets overall look pretty weak. if they continue down they will probably drag the metals with them. Not selling any other positions right now and am considering ZSL if the weakness continues next week. Thats currently extended below the 20 DMA and has a couple points to run back up to it. Thats just the insurance play to protect overall account value if the metals continue lower.

Anybody (@Peter89 ?) have a handy source for comparing silver and gold's closing price in the USA versus the SGE/China? I'm thinking China is going to be very happy with cheap western gold and silver when markets open on Monday.

Anybody (@Peter89 ?) have a handy source for comparing silver and gold's closing price in the USA versus the SGE/China? I'm thinking China is going to be very happy with cheap western gold and silver when markets open on Monday.
Yes I could do it

So, Shanghai closes at 15 o'clock local time, Comex I can't understand, I live in Europe and I'm not smart.
Outside is nice weather and I have a bycicle.
What to do what to do

I do 🚲 and pray for a smack down back to 25 on Sunday night so that I can re-entry and enjoy the next rally
:D

Nevermind - I looked it up. Gold (spot) closed US trading at $2,343 on Friday. Bai says:

SGE closing price was $2,434.73 - about $90 higher

Expectations for Monday market open:

Stocks - red
Oil - Green
Crypto - flat
Gold - Green
DXY - up

What do you expect?

I think we might see a classic “buy the rumor sell the news” in gold. I think Gold will decline or go sideways for a week or two despite the conflict.

Not really sure since they did launch an attack but it was slow and shot down. clif thinks we are going to see a Black Tuesday. Gamestop might be annoucning a merger Monday night. At this point who knows. I'm holding on to my short-term VXX calls tightly now. Sold 1/3 to cover the costs but they were lotto tickets against a crash.

I do think stocks are ripe for a plunge, and even bought puts on the SPY on Friday. Smelled like something foul was coming. We'll see Monday.

Silver and gold both put in topping tails on Friday with larger than average volume. Thats looking at the daily chart. Best case scenario is they slowly trend lower until they reach the 20 DMA. Depending on when they hit that they might just do some sideways consolidation when it gets there.

Overall markets look weak as well. Could be a celebration rally on Monday from the nothing burger that took place in the ME but if that happens I will definitely look to go short everything.

Not really sure since they did launch an attack but it was slow and shot down.
Rumor has it that this is the west's propaganda... check the Israel thread.

Iran did a major hurt on Israel to the tune of $1.35B!

I love inet sleuths....

Expectations for Monday market open:

Stocks - red
Oil - Green
Crypto - flat
Gold - Green
DXY - up

It's early yet, but so far, my predictions are mostly holding up (oil is red at the moment).

They are now! Heat map looks completely inverted from when I checked earlier this morning.

Back
Top Bottom