The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NVDA reports came in slightly above expectations. S&P500 likely avoids big selloff.

It only represents a few Billion dollars trading hands to "move" NVDA that much after hours. Then add in options and it doesn't take a ton of money to move these "markets".

I think I should take up a side hobby of scrapping and refining silver. I need a side business anyway and what better way to get some more Precious.

Not in any hurry to pay taxes but my 1099 with Fidelity is being held up by late reporting by Hecla Mining. Anybody else having this problem?
I have a local office went in there yesterday and since HL is headquartered in Idaho and isn't international they can't understand it either. Says to check back 2/24. First time this ever happened.

With “My Generation” The Who created a rock anthem which would define a generation’s identity and represent the spirit of rock ‘n roll for ages to come .......
Perhaps one of the most iconic moments in the song occurs in the first verse when Daltrey cries out “I hope I die before I get old”. In a song all about generational conflict, this declaration asserted the youth culture as the true leaders of the future. And as the post-war generation aged, the song remained an anthem of their identity- one which constantly redefined their conception of aging. As the decades progressed, they declared that rock’s spirit would transcend age.

Not in any hurry to pay taxes but my 1099 with Fidelity is being held up by late reporting by Hecla Mining. Anybody else having this problem?
I have a local office went in there yesterday and since HL is headquartered in Idaho and isn't international they can't understand it either. Says to check back 2/24. First time this ever happened.
Bankrupt, doors closed, noone in the office? seems legit given prices

With “My Generation” The Who created a rock anthem which would define a generation’s identity and represent the spirit of rock ‘n roll for ages to come .......
Perhaps one of the most iconic moments in the song occurs in the first verse when Daltrey cries out “I hope I die before I get old”. In a song all about generational conflict, this declaration asserted the youth culture as the true leaders of the future. And as the post-war generation aged, the song remained an anthem of their identity- one which constantly redefined their conception of aging. As the decades progressed, they declared that rock’s spirit would transcend age.

Boomers....had it good. Too good.

Depending on the strike, that doesn't really work out. She should be making WAY more than that. + Who buys 5M worth of calls, she isn't worth that much, maybe Elon does, but..... unless they are talking calls over 5m worth of stock. Buy far enough out of the money, and anyone can do that. Anyway, details matter.

couple months ago I was joking when I said we should all just throw our money into NVDA. Turns out it was actually good advice. Advice I didn't follow and have yet to make a penny off of NVDA.
This all feels exactly like 99 and the .com bubble. Ended up being some great short opportunities. Eventually there will be some good short op's in this sector too. I don't know who or when but it will happen.
NVDA has a 6 month backlog for their chips. They also dominate the market with 80% market share. Pretty sure they are not going anywhere anytime soon. Some competitors that have run up on the NVDA news though do look like they are way over priced. Still, with stupid money chasing these companies, I wouldn't bet against them.

Gold’s Secular Bull Market has Not Started​

Since Gold's peak in August 2020, the stock market has recovered after two downturns and made two new highs.

It has again surged to an all-time high while Gold struggles to breakout. It's maddening because Gold in a vacuum looks beautiful technically.

And even in the last six months Gold came very close to confirming a new secular bull market (as you can see in this video).

Most observers and analysts do not appear to understand secular trends and the nature of Gold bull markets.

The bull market has not even started yet but when it does, Gold will move quickly on a trajectory well past $10,000/oz.

Since Gold's peak in August 2020, the stock market has recovered after two downturns and made two new highs.

It has again surged to an all-time high while Gold struggles to breakout. It's maddening because Gold in a vacuum looks beautiful technically.
In a real world there would be no market manipulation.

Back
Top Bottom