Aging American Leaders: What's Too Old?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Same. The ugly on her insides (and the dumb, when she opens her mouth) are a complete turnoff.

Gave you a thank you because I think you gave me what you believe is an honest answer. I've watched a few interviews with AOC where she was back in NYC having some fun in bodegas and restaurants. I think she's actually down to earth and pretty smart.

Then again...........eye of the beholder.

I think she's actually down to earth and pretty smart.
You've actually heard the "stuff" that comes outta her mouth, and you think she's smart? Or does being smart, and being intelligent mean two different things to you?

Watch this interview clip of her and then tell me how smart she is.

Or here is a whole youtube playlist dedicated to her "brilliance". You should watch a few of 'em.

Watch this interview clip of her and then tell me how smart she is.
First vid: She seemed to enjoy the interview and claimed she wasn't an expert on the subject matter. The Fox peeps trashed her in a political hit job.

Second vid led me to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DontWalkRUN/videos

He could change the channel name to: "trashing peeps for fun and profit" and it would fit.

As for the actual parts where AOC was speaking..........really didn't see anything wrong. I believe it was simply another political hit job.

jm2c.........fwiw

Edit to add:

AOC Is Getting Too Mainstream for Her Progressive Base​

(Bloomberg) -- Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has gone mainstream.

The 34-year-old New York Democrat skyrocketed to national fame in the last half decade for her ambitious progressive proposals, in-your-face brand of politics and disregard for party elders.

Now she’s serving as President Joe Biden’s emissary to disenchanted young and minority voters, two blocs the 81-year-old desperately needs to beat Donald Trump and win reelection in November.

In Washington, a city where influence and power are the most valuable currency, the member of Congress widely known as AOC is quickly amassing both. And she plans to capitalize on her newfound place inside the tent to further progressive goals.

“I do feel like I can talk to the president, but I also don’t give things away for free,“ Ocasio-Cortez said in a recent interview at the US Capitol.

Her evolution from firebrand to pragmatist has roiled some progressives, including those who helped her topple Representative Joseph Crowley, a 10-term incumbent and member of Democratic Party leadership.

More:

Last edited:
First vid: She seemed to enjoy the interview and claimed she wasn't an expert on the subject matter.
Then she doesn't have the Right to have strong opinions on the issue, nor to dictate what should be done about it.

Second vid led me to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DontWalkRUN/videos

He could change the channel name to: "trashing peeps for fun and profit" and it would fit.
He's telling the truth though.

As for the actual parts where AOC was speaking..........really didn't see anything wrong. I believe it was simply another political hit job.
She said the words clear enough, but what she was communicating demonstrated her ignorance. Yet she acts like she is an authority on the subject. That's why I say she is dumb, dumb, and more dumb.

You're definitely not an AOC fan I see.
Have you listened to her talk?

She's loud and acts like she thinks she is an authority on the topics she speaks about, but typically what she says shows she is anything but.

She's loud and acts like she thinks she is an authority on the topics she speaks about, but typically what she says shows she is anything but.

There are people who think this same thing about Donnie.

giphy.webp

Only those with terminal cases of TDS though.

I like to think of them as open-minded individuals who look at both sides of an issue / argument before making a decision.

I consider myself one of them.

Ok, she's not your type. How about AOC?

Same. The ugly on her insides (and the dumb, when she opens her mouth) are a complete turnoff.
An example of her dumbness.

Wah! I didn't get my way! Wah!

What a truly dumb and ignorant bitch she is.

You have my sympathies. There is no known cure for AOCDS. :cry:
I'm not deranged about her. I just see her for what she is. Her own words show she is not a smart person. Certainly not when it comes to politics.
....and I also don't act with her like you do with Trump. Ie: making every third post about how terrible he is. Only reason I'm posting about her, is because you asked me about her.

I will say that she does seem like good bar maid material. Especially when she was young and no one would have known her political views beyond her close friends.

I notice that you haven't refuted anything I've said about her by trying to show that it had been taken out of context.

I wouldn't want something that ugly in my bar.

I prefer the wholesome look (even if she's not) to reproduction decor that reminds of a Saigon beer-and-hoor dump.

I notice that you haven't refuted anything I've said about her by trying to show that it had been taken out of context.

You and I can argue and debate until the cows come home. Nothing we post about politics here will have any effect what-so-ever on how things will play out in the grand scheme of things. But I do enjoy out little tit for tats. But I still haven't figured out if you're a player or the real deal. lol

Her own words show she is not a smart person. Certainly not when it comes to politics.

The funny part about this one is that she's got a pretty good education and managed to get elected to congress. I wish I could say the same thing about myself, but I can't.

But I do enjoy out little tit for tats. But I still haven't figured out if you're a player or the real deal. lol
Ditto

The funny part about this one is that she's got a pretty good education and managed to get elected to congress.
She didn't get herself elected. She had lots of help, without which, she would not have been elected.
.... and was selected through an interview process to receive that help.

I wish I could say the same thing about myself, but I can't
What, that you were elected to congress?
....or that you were as smart as she is?

What, that you were elected to congress?
....or that you were as smart as she is

Went into the Navy after high school. Wish I had of went to college instead. Sometimes I wonder what could have been. Who knows where I'd be today.

If I were to be elected to congress, I would go in with an empty suitcase and come out with a $$$ full suitcase $$$. I can be bought.

All kidding aside I think it would be neat to see how they really work, learn about all the perks they get and what they do with them. Would also be neat to see what makes some of them tick.

Interesting and a bit long.

Diseased, demented, depressed: serious illness in Heads of State

Based on a lecture to the Autumn Scientific Meeting of the Association of British Neurologists and the British Neuropsychiatry Association, 3 October 2002

As both a physician and a politician, I was first touched by the question of how illness can affect the decision‐making of Heads of State or Government when I met the Shah of Iran in Tehran in May 1977.1 He appeared to be at the height of his power: self‐confident, and enjoying his global role in helping to determine world oil prices. It would have been a great help to have known then, and particularly a year later, that he had been suffering from chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. He had been diagnosed in April 1974 by the French haematologist Professor Jean Bernard, and eventually died from it in Cairo in July 1980. At that time, the Shah's own physician, Dr Abdol Karim Ayadi, asked Dr Bernard and his assistant Dr Georges Flandrin, not to tell the Shah he had cancer, which was then at Stage II and not requiring treatment. The Shah did not take chlorambucil until February 1975. Thereafter, Dr Flandrin flew 35 times in great secrecy to Tehran before the Shah was forced to leave in January 1979. In 1977, his doctors told the Empress he had leukaemia or cancer, but still those two words were never used to the Shah, who was told that he had Waldenstrom's disease. Apart from being tired, he had no obvious signs apart from an enlarged spleen, until he noticed a swollen lymph node in his neck in April 1979, when in exile in the Bahamas. The Shah was then told he had cancer and was given nitrogen‐mustard, vincristine, procarbazine and prednisolone. His health deteriorated, and pressure grew for him to leave Mexico and be admitted to an American hospital. He flew to the US on 22 October after President Carter relented, having previously held out against first the advice of his National Security Adviser, Zbig Brzezinski, and later his Secretary of State, Cyrus Vance. They felt that despite risking the wrath of the new regime in Tehran, on humanitarian grounds the US Government could no longer refuse. He was admitted for treatment to New York Hospital‐Cornell Medical Center, and his arrival became public. On 4 November, hundreds of demonstrators in Tehran climbed over the wall into the US Embassy compound and captured 66 Americans. The hostages were eventually only released minutes after Jimmy Carter stepped down as US President on 20 January 1981, and Ronald Reagan took over.

More:

No confirmation yet, but just heard that by this time next week, we could have a President Kackles.

Word is that Joe will be quitting soon. Possibly Monday.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Joe says that VP Kackles is a diversity hire. Lol

Like we didn't already know that.

Anyone who tries to say they are surprised by Biden's debate bombing, are either lying or are so out of touch with reality that they should be prohibited from voting.

His decline has been clearly apparent since before the 2020 election.

Also, by withholding congressionally approved aid from Israel, as the lady in the vid says, isn't that an Impeachable offense? That was the reason they gave for impeaching Trump the first time. That he tried withholding monies that congress approved of giving. Congress holds the purse strings after all.

I think Harriet Hageman will have her mind blown when she realises that the president hasn't run the country for many decades now.

No confirmation yet, but just heard that by this time next week, we could have a President Kackles.

Word is that Joe will be quitting soon. Possibly Monday.

We'll see.
Yes, we'll see.

But if I were to put money on it, I'd bet that the backstage puppetmasters keep the insentient old pedo in.

Already they're trying a Gaslight rehab...rewriting transcripts, editing his sound recordings...maybe AI is next.

And they're rigging the polls again, to show how the meat-puppet can beat Trump. I mean, they've already invested SO much money in fraudulent ballots and programming...

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he's gone until he's maggot meal. Maybe not then.

I hope I'm wrong,
I hope you're right and that I'm wrong.

I want the dams to have to keep dementia Joe and Kackles on the ticket.

I want Joe to continue to bomb and Kackles to continue speaking in word salads.
....and I want more and more people, particularly those in the dem party, to see it.

The dems and their media stooges have been insisting for a long time now, that both are sharp as a tack.

So I want them to be stuck with their poor choices. I want everyone to finally be able to see the deceitful behavior of those propping them up.

I want them, the lying pos America hating people they are, to have to lay in the bed they made while their eyes wide open.

Nope, no replacing him should be allowed.

What I posted previously about him quitting, was speculation based on some things I'd seen online.

Supposedly, these past few days of appearances and the interview, were to be the deciding factor for him (them) as to whether he continues or not.

Imho, he bombed on all of them. The interview was horrible, he didn't do well at the events, he clearly exposed himself as a racist, and made a statement saying that he was ok but that his brain is the problem. WTF?!?

Every time he makes a public apperance, he is giving Trump rocket fuel for his campaign ads.

I found this rather entertaining.

Dr Grande gives his opinion on Biden's interview with George.

I hope you're right and that I'm wrong.
Maybe.

But I'm thinking, the only person who can make a bigger fa-cop of this situation than Slow Joe, is Kamel Toe. Joe is senile. Willy's sex toy is STOO-PIDD.

Without Brown's placement in political position, she'd have gone nowhere. She'd be the only law-school graduate in a Nevada brothel - and by now she'd have aged out of even that trade.

She gets in, and as I envision it, she'd IMMEDIATELY clash with P-Doe's puppetmasters and whisper-advisors. She'd want to nuke Russia right away, and print off the money to pay for it, and Repp-are-a-shuns.

There goes the economy; the dollar; the hope of the Circle-D gang to hang onto power, and Kameltoe's support.

That's a better outcome than Depends Joe hanging on, IMHO. Of course, I could be wrong - maybe way off. I don't have a very-good track record for reading these situations.

Watch the first few minutes of this vid.
Does it shows Joe stealing money? It appears to, imho.

Or is it just Joe being confused as to what's being asked of him? Could be this too.

If it's not how the guy making the vid describes it, what exactly then is going on?

Whatever it is, it seems bizarre.
....but then what else should we expect from dementia Joe, if not bizarre behavior? Lol

Awesome parody song about the bidet.

"I won't step down", sung to Tom Petty's (RIP) "I won't back down".

Well worth the few minutes it'll take to watch.

While making my previous post, I noticed that this vid from an earlier post had been removed.

So I wanted to post another vid that contained clips from that vid, but I see that the account it came from was terminated.

What these vids showed, was the pastor at the church Joe was visiting, handing Joe some folded up cash while talking to him privately.
He appeared to be giving Joe cash so that he would have some for the collection plate.
.....but Joe appeared to not understand and just kept it.

Why would vids showing that, be deleted?

Why The U.S. Has The Oldest Politicians In The World​

Jul 30, 2024 #CNBC #politics

The issues of age and candidate vitality are having an impact on the 2024 election. Lawmakers in the U.S. are relatively old when compared to similar legislative bodies around the world. Senior, incumbent politicians tend to have advantages when it comes to experience, life circumstance and fundraising abilities that can increase their odds of re-election. Meanwhile, the aging officials could influence public spending decisions that shape the U.S. economy for years to come.

9:58

Chapters:

00:00 - 01:15 Cold Open
01:15 - 04:06 Chapter 1 - Aging lawmakers
04:06 - 06:59 Chapter 2 - The aging electorate
06:59 - 09:46 Chapter 3 - Washington's aging workforce

While making my previous post, I noticed that this vid from an earlier post had been removed.

So I wanted to post another vid that contained clips from that vid, but I see that the account it came from was terminated.

What these vids showed, was the pastor at the church Joe was visiting, handing Joe some folded up cash while talking to him privately.
He appeared to be giving Joe cash so that he would have some for the collection plate.
.....but Joe appeared to not understand and just kept it.

Why would vids showing that, be deleted?

Apparently, showing video of Joe Biden stealing money from the church collection plate, will get your youtube account terminated.

Every vid showing it has resulted in the accts being terminated.
.....and I've watched the vids. It clearly shows what was described.

It just proves what I've known for years:

EVERYTHING passed through the colon of Gurgle & Company...is curated, censored, cleansed for its pairing with The Narrative.

NOTHING that contradicts, challenges, or castigates it will be permitted.

KNOW that when you make Gurgle more spyware-money by watching their propaganda.

I don't trust CNBC to tell me the source of the problem they have helped create...by propping up and propagandizing for sinecured lifetime politicians.

People get old. Leftist leaders hate that - they think they're gods, and they have no acceptance of a Higher Power or a force they cannot control...but they get old.

Since the New (Raw) Deal created the Regulatory State, Leftists who reject the Constitution and its limits on FedGov power, have found it easy and profitable to make CONgress a career. Regulatory Capture, and Political Action Committees. PACs make fixing an election, easy, with unlimited resources. Regulatory Capture makes pols rich through Insider Trading and more covert graft. Now that CONgress has involved itself in private business, private business will involve itself in CONgress. Seeking the best legislators money can buy, with the best carveouts and best defenses.

Witness Moderna and Pfizer.

So, the crop of congresscretins that came into politics about the time the keystone was placed in this edifice...PAC creation, back in the late-1970s....are STILL in, and senile to the point of loading their diapers while on the dais in a commemorative ceremony. They're so far gone they can't speak in complete sentences.

Why do they not retire? STAFFERS, who wield the true power, especially for the senile congresscretins. They are young but politicized and swing the power of the office - and it all goes away when the cretin dies or retires. So THEY try to prevent that.

There is a set of reforms that could stop this - starting with TERM LIMITS.

Those would have to be amended into the Constitution. PREVENT CONgress as a career.

Then, PUT THE FEDGOV BACK INTO ITS CONSTITUTIONAL FENCE. MOST regulation is illegal and usurping of State authority or buyers' rights. Once CONgress cannot interfere with business, business need not spend money to buy corrupt pols.

Once there is no huge amount of money to grift off, there will be no desire for young Nancys Pelosi to come and live in that fetid swamp-city.

But since such changes would requare an Article V Convention of States, it's not likely to happen and no one wants to push for it. Of course, the media Fear Merchants feed on this, drawing fantasies of "runaway conventions" - as if that were possible.

Anyone here who shares that, just read the Constitution. See how many times proposed Amendments must be vetted, and by whom.

Back
Top Bottom