Astronomy pictures thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan-ATLAS) last night. It was looking great naked eye before moonrise. Still very easy to see from a dark location.
I had the telescope out for the ISS solar transit anyway so I thought I might as well catch the comet with it.

Comet-C2023-A3-Tsuchinshan-ATLAS-2024-10-20-P1S.jpg
Date: 10/20/2024
Camera: Canon Rebel T8i (modified)
Telescope: 92mm f/5.5 triplet (Astrotech AT92) with focal reducer
Exposure: 27x30sec (13min 30sec total) at ISO 800
Processed using PixInsight, StarXterminator and NoiseXterminator

Also I caught a fireball last night. It doesn't look as bright as one normally would because I dialed down the exposure due to moonlight. The good news is I have it on video too.

Meteor-2024-10-20-2229CDT-IMG_1908-P1S.jpg
Camera: Canon EOS 850D (modified)
Lens: 24mm f/1.4 sigma
Exposure: 5sec at f/1.4 and ISO 1600

Back
Top Bottom