Project 2025 - The Presidential Transition Project

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

From what I've read and hear Project would give the president unlimited powers and make him or her a dictator
Let me guess. All you've read and heard is from the left and their msm outlets, right?

So reading the actual document and seeing that it clearly states that the purpose is to reduce potus power, is not understandable to you?

You would rather believe someone else's biased accounting of it, than the words that are actually in it that you can read with your own eyes?

And if it would be Trump, he would go ape shit and do anything that would pop into his crazy assed mind.
Trump could go ape shit with the potus power that already exists, and would have had he been a person desiring to do so.

I already showed you where your own Senate reported that the potus has that power already.

Did you read the quotes from 93-549?

The law already allows for what you claim to fear. Why didn't Trump use those powers when he was already in office?

Remember........he loves dictators and strongmen. I've read enough history to know what happens when people like him get into power.
Talking to them is necessary. That's all he really did.

Take fat boy in North Korea for example. Previous admins wouldn't even try talking. They wanted no communication. How can things be fixed without communicating?

Trump comes in, has talks, and guess what? Fat boy quit shooting off missiles.
....but that was bad, right?

I don't want that. I like the way things are going now. They way they've gone my entire life until Trump got in.
Yea, as I already pointed out, you seem to like a potus with dictator powers you are comfortable with.
...and want to protect those extra-Constitutional powers because it's all you've ever known a potus to have.

It seems normal, to you. So you fight to protect it.

Are things perfect.........no. Alot of things could be changed for the better.
Just not the dictator powers the potus already has. You want those to be made stronger, right?

If you support the way it is, that means you support the Executive branch not only having it's power, but also having both legislative power and judicial power.

How is that, a separation of powers?

We are supposed to have separation of powers. The Constitution says so.
....but the Executive has all three?

But not with a power mad, money worshipping, deranged lunatic at the helm.
Seems the fear mongering has worked well on you.

If you think Trump is that, why wasn't he that when already in office?

A lot of the agencies they want to gut or get rid of actually help people.
A lot of them just get in the way and waste money.

Take the dept of education as an example. American education outcomes have done nothing but go down since the dept was created.

So why have it? It's only helped to make things worse.

Without OSHA do you think businesses and companies would give a shit about worker safety?
Every Stste has their own osha type agency. Let them do their jobs.

Without the EPA do you think businesses and companies would give a shit about polluting the air you breath or the water you drink? They wouldn't.
I think the EPA does overstep it's bounds and should be held to only enforcing laws that Congress enacts.

What's wrong with asking Congress to do it's job?
....and for the EPA to do it's job without having the power to write the law itself?

Also, are you truly fearful that Trump is just gonna be allowed by Congress to sign an EO and abolish the EPA?

Look how they fought him on something as basic as border security, and then tell me with a straight face that there is real danger of him signing away the EPA.

It ain't happening.

You might as well say you are fearful of alien invasion too, as that's prolly more likely than Trump ending the EPA.

I could go on and on here, but I think you get where I'm coming from.
I'm sure you could, as the fear mongering is being laid on thick, when it comes to this issue.

I think a woman's reproductive health issues are hers and hers alone. Any decisions to be made should be between the woman and her doctor. Not by some state run by half-baked religious nut jobs.
If you want the federal gov to have a say in it, get the Constitution Amended to allow for it.

As it stands now, the federal gov has no say in the matter one way or another.

Or do you like your federal gov to ignore Constitutional limits on power?

Please tell me you don't want the gov exercising unConstitutional powers. You don't, do you?

As Thomas Sewell said, the Constitution says what it says. Not what you or I might like it to say.

I like the separation of powers. I don't want the president to have power over the legislative or judicial branches
If you like separation of powers, can I count on your support in helping to end the extra-Constitutional powers currently held by the Executive branch?

nor do I want a president who literally worships dictators and sings their praises.
Trump did that? I know Obama did.

We have a lot of problems (what country doesn't) but we need to fix them by voting and legislation.
How fixing them by simply following the Constitution?

Or should we just continue allowing our gov to shit all over it?

Not by decrees by a power mad dictator or the whims of a foundation that wants to remake the country in their image.
It's trying to re-establish the separation of powers that you claim to want.

Or do you like the potus having legislative and judicial powers too?

You can't have it both ways. You either want separation of powers as defined in the nations Founding Documents, or you want something other than that.

Which do you want?

The gov to abide by the Constitution, or for it to violate the Constitution?

Last edited:
Let me guess. All you've read and heard is from the left and their msm outlets, right?

So reading the actual document and seeing that it clearly states that the purpose is to reduce potus power, is not understandable to you?

You would rather believe someone else's biased accounting of it, than the words that are actually in it that you can read with your own eyes?

Trump could go ape shit with the potus power that already exists, and would have had he been a person desiring to do so.

I already showed you where your own Senate reported that the potus has that power already.

Did you read the quotes from 93-549?

The law already allows for what you claim to fear. Why didn't Trump use those powers when he was already in office?

Talking to them is necessary. That's all he really did.

Take fat boy in North Korea for example. Previous admins wouldn't even try talking. They wanted no communication. How can things be fixed without communicating?

Trump comes in, has talks, and guess what? Fat boy quit shooting off missiles.
....but that was bad, right?

Yea, as I already pointed out, you seem to like a potus with dictator powers you are comfortable with.
...and want to protect those extra-Constitutional powers because it's all you've ever known a potus to have.

It seems normal, to you. So you fight to protect it.

Just not the dictator powers the potus already has. You want those to be made stronger, right?

If you support the way it is, that means you support the Executive branch not only having it's power, but also having both legislative power and judicial power.

How is that, a separation of powers?

We are supposed to have separation of powers. The Constitution says so.
....but the Executive has all three?

If you think Trump is that, why wasn't he that when already in office?

A lot of them just get in the way and waste money.

Take the dept of education as an example. American education outcomes have done nothing but go down since the dept was created.

So why have it? It's only helped to make things worse.

Every Stste has their own osha type agency. Let them do their jobs.

I think the EPA does overstep it's bounds and should be held to only enforcing laws that Congress enacts.

What's wrong with asking Congress to do it's job?
....and for the EPA to do it's job without having the power to write the law itself?

Also, are you truly fearful that Trump is just gonna be allowed by Congress to sign an EO and abolish the EPA?

Look how they fought him on something as basic as border security, and then tell me with a straight face that there is real danger of him signing away the EPA.

It ain't happening.

You might as well say you are fearful of alien invasion too, as that's prolly more likely than Trump ending the EPA.

I'm sure you could, as the fear mongering is being laid on thick, when it comes to this issue.

If you want the federal gov to have a say in it, get the Constitution Amended to allow for it.

As it stands now, the federal gov has no say in the matter one way or another.

Or do you like your federal gov to ignore Constitutional limits on power?

Please tell me you don't want the gov exercising unConstitutional powers. You don't, do you?

As Thomas Sewell said, the Constitution says what it says. Not what you or I might like it to say.

If you like separation of powers, can I count on your support in helping to end the extra-Constitutional powers currently held by the Executive branch?

Trump did that? I know Obama did.

How fixing them by simply following the Constitution?

Or should we just continue allowing our gov to shit all over it?

It's trying to re-establish the separation of powers that you claim to want.

Or do you like the potus having legislative and judicial powers too?

You can't have it both ways. You either want separation of powers as defined in the nations Founding Documents, or you want something other than that.

Which do you want?

The gov to abide by the Constitution, or for it to violate the Constitution?

All good replies. You honestly believe in what you say. 🍺 🍺 🍺

This one had me laughing hysterically:

^^^ well hasn't it?

Why would you rather believe the fear mongering than what your own eyes can read in the document?

All good replies. You honestly believe in what you say. 🍺 🍺 🍺
If good replies, that means you agree with and find sense in my replies?

If good replies, that means you agree with and find sense in my replies?

I respect your replies and opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't. We all have our opinions, and we all have the right to vote. Once we vote our voice will have been heard. How it's received is a different story.

What we post here about politics really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But it's fun to learn how others think and what they believe in. Quite interesting actually.

@searcher , do you want separation of powers in our gov, or not?

Most definitely.

@searcher , do you want separation of powers in our gov, or not?

Most definitely.
Then you shouldn't be so scared of Project 2025.

As all it is really suggesting, is that the gov follows the Constitution.

If we the People decide we want gov to do more, there is an Amendment process to allow for that.

We could change any of it we want. It just needs to be done properly.

The problem is with those who want it chsnged, but lack the support to do so.
....so their answer is to find ways to change it with legislation. Ie: unConstitutionally.

I respect your replies and opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't.
What I posted isn't based on just my opinion, but rather on facts about our Constitution and laws that gov has enacted that violate it.

Or do you think I made up that Senate report that states the gov is operating outside it's Constitutional limits?

If you truly want separation of powers, you should want it fixed.

If you truly want separation of powers, you should want it fixed.

I realize you will not agree with this, but we already have separation of powers.

Project 2025 wants to give the prez power over the other branches of gov and make what he says the law of the land. I don't want that. I don't want the prez to have control over our money. I sure as shit don't want the prez to have power over the DOJ. I don't want a king or a dictator. And I don't want Trump anywhere near the Whitehouse ever again.

We are not a third world nation - contrary to what Trump keeps saying. At this point in time we are the most powerful nation on the planet. Our dollar is the world's reserve currency. Our military might is second to none.

We do have problems, but they can be fixed. We don't need wanna be dictator to do that. We need to come together, forget all the MAGA insanity and get down to business.

I realize you will not agree with this, but we already have separation of powers.
No we do not.

How can you call the Executive having enough power to rule the nation without congress, separation of power?

The Executive branch has courts and legislation-making power already. How is that, a separation of power?

You are arguing to keep those powers, and therefore arguing to NOT have separation of power.

Project 2025 wants to give the prez power over the other branches of gov and make what he says the law of the land.
Quote the line(s) within it that say that.

I sure as shit don't want the prez to have power over the DOJ.
The DOJ is an Executive branch agency. Everyone in it works FOR the potus.

You seem to not understand the basic organization of our government.

We don't need wanna be dictator to do that.
Every potus in your lifetime has had the power to do that. Why are you against paring that power back?

Did you not read the quote from 93-549? Do you think I made it up? It's what the Senate wrote 50 years ago, and the extra-Constitutional powers it spoke of, still exist. In fact, they've been expanded on.

Or do you just like the potus having that power as long as it's a guy you support?

I fail to understand how on one hand you say you want separation of power, but on the other hand you want the Executive branch to have it's own courts and legislative power.

Can't you see how those are two opposing views?

@searcher , why do ignore this?

These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraor-
dinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the
lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This

vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule
the country without reference to normal constitutional processes.

Every potus already has the power to rule without reference to normal Constitutional processes, and you don't think that's a problem?

and you don't think that's a problem?

Here's the real problem we face today.

In this country we vote for the people we want in power. If someone loses an election, he or she can go through the court system if they think something was wrong with an election. To do that successfully the person making a claim must prove their point. If they can't prove their claim they will lose their case. Afterwards they need to move on.

We had a president who lost an election and went to court claiming the election was rigged. The courts said no..........the election wasn't rigged and you lost.

Instead of doing the honorable thing and moving on he kept claiming the election was stolen. Then he tried to overthrow the government by overturning a fair and honest election.

And now there are people who want to put him back in office. If he gets back in, he'll trash the constitution and everything this country stands for and become a dictator. He has already shown this country what he wants and intends to do. He did it on January 6th.

Trump and his enablers are what's really wrong with this country now. Everything else is fine.

In this country we vote for the people we want in power. If someone loses an election, he or she can go through the court system if they think something was wrong with an election. To do that successfully the person making a claim must prove their point. If they can't prove their claim they will lose their case. Afterwards they need to move on.
Except that wasn't allowed to happen. Ne case was ever heard.

We had a president who lost an election and went to court claiming the election was rigged. The courts said no..........the election wasn't rigged and you lost.
The court did not say that. They refused to even look at the evidence.

He has already shown this country what he wants and intends to do. He did it on January 6th.
He told people to be peaceful nd patriotic. He also requested 10,000 national guard troops that your girl Nancy rejected. Only an idiot would think he would want thousands of troops to be there if he was gonna have an insurrection.

Your blind hate of a fellow American has warped your thinking ability.

Project 2025 on Maritime Policy? | The Heritage Foundation Mandate for Leadership​

Jul 29, 2024 #supplychain #maritime #policy

In this episode, Sal Mercogliano - a maritime historian at Campbell University (@campbelledu) and former merchant mariner - discusses the Heritage Foundation report on Maritime Policy.

19:35

- 2025 Mandate for Leadership https://static.project2025.org/2025_M...

- Interesting comments below the vid on youtube.

You post all this sfear mongering stuff, but then refuse to actually discuss it?

What are YOUR thoughts upon reading it? Where in there does it say what the propagandists you parrot, try to say it says?

Last edited:
You post all this sfear mongering stuff, but then refuse to actually discuss it?

What are YOUR thoughts upon reading it? Where in there does it say what the propagandists you parrot, try to say it says?

Joe, I've tried and tried to explain stuff to you. Unfortunately, I'm not doing too good of a job. It's kinda like spitting into the wind or shoveling shit against the tide. If you have read what they would like to do with the president (giving him power over all sorts of stuff) and how they want to get rid of federal employees based upon their loyalty to Trump and you think it's all good, then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

The only thing I can do is to say.........get out and vote. Vote your conscious. And I'll vote mine. All good.

Joe, I've tried and tried to explain stuff to you. Unfortunately, I'm not doing too good of a job.
Because all you are doing is ignoring what the actual document says, while repeating the dems fear mongering over it.

In the very beginning of it, it clearly states that it seeks to REDUCE potus power.
....but you are too partisan to be able to see that.

It's kinda like spitting into the wind or shoveling shit against the tide.
How about just read the document instead of simply repeating grossly exaggerated dem fear mongering?

If you have read what they would like to do with the president (giving him power over all sorts of stuff) and how they want to get rid of federal employees based upon their loyalty to Trump and you think it's all good, then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.
Why can't you read the part that says it seeks to reduce potus power, and then explain how that will somehow lead to the potus having MORE power?

It makes no sense, at all, for you to claim that a document that seeks to reign-in power, somehow leads to dictator powers.

Also, why are you ignoring that the potus ALREADY HAS what amounts to dictator powers?

Your senate told you that 50 years ago.

You should just admit that you like the potus to have dictator powers, but only if it's a potus you like.

WTF is going on?

Trump Campaign 'Puts the Screws' to Project 2025 Mastermind​

Donald Trump's campaign has forced an architect of the ultra-conservative Project 2025 manifesto out of his job at the Heritage Foundation, the Daily Beast can report exclusively.

Trump campaign manager Chris LaCivita "put the screws" to Project 2025 mastermind Paul Dans in an effort to force him out and shut down the right-wing shop behind a sprawling blueprint that sought to overhaul the federal government and implement an array of far-right policies for a potential second Trump administration, a well-placed source told the Daily Beast.

Dans confirmed in an email to colleagues Tuesday that he is stepping down from his role at Heritage, where he directed Project 2025. Dans said in the email he was leaving in order to focus his energy on "winning bigly" for conservative candidates this election cycle.

More:

Something up. :snidely:

Donald Trump Campaign Celebrates Project 2025 'Demise'​

Donald Trump would "greatly welcome" the demise of Project 2025, the former president's campaign said in an emailed statement following the news that Paul Dans, the project's director, was stepping down from the Heritage Foundation.

Project 2025 is a 900-page document created by the conservative think tank that presents policy proposals for a future GOP administration. Trump has worked to distance himself from the plan, which has proposed overhauling the federal bureaucracy, reversing many of the Biden administration's climate policies, rolling back abortion and LGBTQ+ rights, and bringing about changes to education standards.

The plan also proposes removing civil service employment protections for thousands of federal employees to make them easier to fire and replace with Republican loyalists.

"President Trump's campaign has been very clear for over a year that Project 2025 had nothing to do with the campaign, did not speak for the campaign, and should not be associated with the campaign or the President in any way," the campaign said in Tuesday's statement.

More:

Washington Post (this one's good) The 2 posts directly above are ok but this one has a lot more detail.

Project 2025 to end policy work after Democratic attacks angered Trump​

The right-wing policy operation that became a rallying cry for Democrats and a nuisance for Republican nominee Donald Trump is trying to escape the public spotlight and repair relations with Trump’s campaign.

Project 2025, a collaboration led by the Heritage Foundation among more than 110 conservative groups to develop a movement consensus blueprint for the next Republican administration, is winding down its policy operations, and its director, former Trump administration personnel official Paul Dans, is departing. The Heritage Foundation also recently distributed new talking points encouraging participants to emphasize that the project does not speak for Trump.

More:

Well you do. You say you want separation of powers, but also say that you want things kept as they are.

As things are, the Executive Branch currently has legislative and judicial powers contained within it.

How exactly is that the separation of powers that you claim to want?

The Executive writes laws using it's agencies without congress having enacting any new legislation, and it has it's own administrative court system to hear charges brought using the laws the agencies wrote.

To have separation of powers for real, ALL legislation needs to come from congress and all charges brought need to be heard by Article 3 courts.

Anything less is not the separation of powers that you claim to support.
Edited to add: having it that way is what allows for the three branches to balance and to "check" each other. Having all three under the Executive is an erosion of those checks and balances.

Inside Project 2025’s Secret Training Videos​

Aug. 10, 5 a.m. EDT

Reporting Highlights​

• DEEP STATE BATTLE: Project 2025’s plan to train an army of political appointees who could fight the so-called deep state on behalf of a future Trump administration remains on track.
  • NEW VIDEOS: Dozens of never-before-published videos created for Project 2025 were provided to ProPublica and Documented by a person who had access to them.
  • ADVICE GIVEN: “If the American people elect a conservative president, his administration will have to eradicate climate change references from absolutely everywhere.”
These highlights were written by the reporters and editors who worked on this story. Were they helpful?

Project 2025, the controversial playbook and policy agenda for a right-wing presidential administration, has lost its director and faced scathing criticism from both Democratic groups and former President Donald Trump. But Project 2025’s plan to train an army of political appointees who could battle against the so-called deep state government bureaucracy on behalf of a future Trump administration remains on track.

One centerpiece of that program is dozens of never-before-published videos created for Project 2025’s Presidential Administration Academy. The vast majority of these videos — 23 in all, totaling more than 14 hours of content — were provided to ProPublica and Documented by a person who had access to them.

The Project 2025 videos coach future appointees on everything from the nuts and bolts of governing to how to outwit bureaucrats. There are strategies for avoiding embarrassing Freedom of Information Act disclosures and ensuring that conservative policies aren’t struck down by “left-wing judges.” Some of the content is routine advice that any incoming political appointee might be told. Other segments of the training offer guidance on radically changing how the federal government works and what it does.

In one video, Bethany Kozma, a conservative activist and former deputy chief of staff at the U.S. Agency for International Development in the Trump administration, downplays the seriousness of climate change and says the movement to combat it is really part of a ploy to “control people.”

Read the rest here:

Project 2025 architect: We want to 'destroy' government agencies' 'notion of independence'​

Akey architect in the Heritage Foundation's Project 2025 boasted in a secretly recorded interview that he and his allies are working to "destroy" the independence of federal agencies that have been in place for decades.

CNN reports that Russell Vought, a former Trump administration official, told undercover left-wing activists that the team behind Project 2025 is working on drafting hundreds of executive orders that he argued would fundamentally change the relationship between executive brand agencies and the president of the United States.

"Eighty percent of my time is working on the plans of what’s necessary to take control of these bureaucracies,” Vought said at one point in the recording. “And we are working doggedly on that, whether it’s destroying their agencies’ notion of independence."

Much of Project 2025 dealt with undoing reforms that were put in place after the resignation of President Richard Nixon to prevent presidents from using executive branch agencies as tools to attack political opponents, as Nixon allegedly did with the Department of Justice and the Internal Revenue Service.

More:

he and his allies are working to "destroy" the independence of federal agencies that have been in place for decades.
Yea, and replace it with the Constitution which has been in place for 248 years. Albeit, ignored for the past 90.

I know, I know, fuck the Constitution, right Searcher?

Project 2025 Would Be a Disaster for Veterans​

As former President Donald Trump tries to distance himself from Project 2025, it's becoming more clear how devastating it will be for our veterans.

The conservative personnel and policy program, intended to guide the next Republican administration, is gaining attention as the presidential campaign heats up. Despite Trump's attempts to distance himself from its policy blueprint, he knows precisely what the project entails - and who helped put it together.

Many of Trump's former allies and appointees are deeply embedded in Project 2025. Six of his ex-Cabinet secretaries, four former ambassadors, and numerous enforcers of his immigration policies contributed to the project's 887-page "Mandate for Leadership," which outlines far-right policy priorities for Trump to pursue in his second term.

Former senior Trump administration officials Russ Vought and John McEntee have both been involved with Project 2025, and are expected to serve in top roles if Trump wins again. Notable figures like former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows and advisor Stephen Miller both lead organizations that are part of Project 2025. Additionally, lawyers involved in Trump's impeachment and election disputes, such as Jay Sekulow, Cleta Mitchell, and John Eastman, are key players. In total there are nearly 240 individuals with ties to both Project 2025 and Trump. Key contributors include former U.S. Attorney Brett Tolman, who was pivotal in Trump's criminal justice reform law, and other influential figures like Ben Carson, Christopher Miller, and John Ratcliffe.

More:

^^^ this Project 2025 stuff has really got you freaked out, huh? lol

A Glimpse Into Dark World GOP Wants For Women?​

Aug 28, 2024

What would America look like if Republicans got authoritarian law passed they wanted to control women and girls. Can at the GOP really win by pissing off millions of women?

Back
Top Bottom