The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The broad market looks like it's going to new highs by year end. I'm astonished given the background numbers.

The broad market looks like it's going to new highs by year end. I'm astonished given the background numbers.
The Dow Jones is close to 50x higher than it was in 1982, just over 40 years ago. Unbelievable.

The Dow Jones is close to 50x higher than it was in 1982, just over 40 years ago. Unbelievable.

DJI + Gold Annual Chart index to 100. For Gold to reach the DJI's gains since 76 it implies a POG in the 8K range. Basically 4x from here, assuming that the DJI doesn't have a significant correction. They could meet in the 5K range... watch this space, might take a while!

DJI Quarterly... if it doesn't make new highs it is looking toppy. ROC is waning, momentum is falling.

Gold has gone up 8 times approx from each bottom. 25 250 so yeah c.1050 should be around 8K. I think it goes higher. Hell if $hitcoin can do what it did why the hell can't something real like Gold.

Dear Investor,

What would you say is a better indicator of the nation’s economic health?

a.) Consumers' increasing inability to pay off credit card debt
OR
b.) The market performance of a few large-cap Tech companies

We'll wait...

A lot of investors still don’t “see” any evidence of the U.S. economy slowing. Let’s set aside that U.S. Industrial Production (reported this week) just went negative and Retail Sales (also reported this week) is flirting with Dr. Zero.

The U.S. Consumer is in dire straits. Credit Card balances are at 20 year highs and, at the same time, Credit Card interest rates are skyrocketing.

“People can't pay credit card balances. We assign a 0% probability this reverses,” Keith McCullough said this week on The Call @ Hedgeye. “This is the America you live in. Whether you want to accept that or not because Nvidia doesn't go down is up to you. It's a huge problem.”

The everything app?

When will humans give up on "World Domination", I thought we were past that?

Karinge Jean-Pierre. In what world does this donkey get this job?

WhatchaAll think?

This has to be one of the most hated rallies in history. As hard as it is to swallow that is normally a great sign for the rally.

It's nuts given the background, I am starting to think that AI runs the market. LOL.

...and gold looks like it has successfully tested its near term floor.... for now. We need to tackle 2K soonish and put in another high in this recent sequence off the 1900 low.

GSR looking very much like a trend break lower is in full play. This 'rest' / correction period might be close to over.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…