Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Trump to install loyalists to reshape U.S. foreign policy on China, NATO and Ukraine​

WASHINGTON, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Donald Trump in a second term would likely install loyalists in key positions in the Pentagon, State Department and CIA whose primary allegiance would be to him, allowing him more freedom than in his first presidency to enact isolationist policies and whims, nearly 20 current and former aides and diplomats said.

The result would enable Trump to make sweeping changes to the U.S. stance on issues ranging from the Ukraine war to trade with China, as well as to the federal institutions that implement - and sometimes constrain - foreign policy, the aides and diplomats said.

During his 2017-2021 term, Trump struggled to impose his sometimes impulsive and erratic vision on the U.S. national security establishment.

He often voiced frustration at top officials who slow-walked, shelved, or talked him out of some of his schemes. Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in his memoir that he twice raised objections to Trump's suggestion of missile strikes on drug cartels in Mexico, the U.S.'s biggest trade partner. The former president has not commented.

More:

I saw Joe Manchin on CNN yesterday and Jake Tapper was pushing him to declare that he will be running for POTUS as an independent. I thought it was a bit late for independent candidates to get on the ballot in most states by now, so I looked it up:

Looks like independents have until July or so before most States deadlines, but NC, NY and NH have deadlines in March, May and June (respectively).

I saw Joe Manchin on CNN yesterday and Jake Tapper was pushing him to declare that he will be running for POTUS as an independent. I thought it was a bit late for independent candidates to get on the ballot in most states by now, so I looked it up:

Looks like independents have until July or so before most States deadlines, but NC, NY and NH have deadlines in March, May and June (respectively).
That's not a serious attempt.

That's to foment chaos.

Stealing an election is easier when under a cloud of chaos.

Tucker Carlson's most important warning about 2024: "I'm very worried"​

Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from 2024 ballot​

The Colorado Supreme Court has disqualified former President Trump from appearing on the state's ballots in 2024.

The disqualification, which was made under the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, is related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

The Tuesday ruling is stayed until January 4 because of likely appeals. Three justices on the Colorado Supreme Court dissented.

More:

The Trump team has already came out and said it will be appealed to the USSC.

Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from 2024 ballot​

The Colorado Supreme Court has disqualified former President Trump from appearing on the state's ballots in 2024.

The disqualification, which was made under the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, is related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

The Tuesday ruling is stayed until January 4 because of likely appeals. Three justices on the Colorado Supreme Court dissented.

More:

The Trump team has already came out and said it will be appealed to the USSC.
They already cheated in Mesa County... chances are really good they've been cheating in EVERY county in the State.

They already cheated in Mesa County... chances are really good they've been cheating in EVERY county in the State.
What they are trying to do, is provoke moderate, law-abiding Americans to violence.

They may succeed.

NEVER in history has a nation's Ruling Class behaved so provocatively towards its subjects. Even Louis XVI's court wasn't this openly contemptuous. Caligula was, but he didn't engage in open provocation of the citizenry.

They really want to create Prison Nation. One MORE time Alex Jones was right, after all...

What they are trying to do, is provoke moderate, law-abiding Americans to violence.

They may succeed.

NEVER in history has a nation's Ruling Class behaved so provocatively towards its subjects. Even Louis XVI's court wasn't this openly contemptuous. Caligula was, but he didn't engage in open provocation of the citizenry.

They really want to create Prison Nation. One MORE time Alex Jones was right, after all...

This.

These criminals don't realise what awaits them if they push the guy who just wants to be left alone too far.

I do.

Over at LewRockwell, there's a thought-provoking piece on India today.

It's not about, don't visit India. India, like it or not, is coming HERE. The social chaos - moral codes stripped from our lives, along with any remaining wealth. Life is about to become grinding poverty, and with NO ONE you can trust.

NO honor code. Only faked subservience while looking, each, for a chance to steal from you or kill you.

Indians are an extreme example; but I'd seen much the same in Tijuana when there in the early 1990s. It's modern, moral-nihilist, Globalist-rooted POVERTY.

The Indian caste system has a lot to answer for in that shit hole.
Actually, the writer addresses that.

There's not a dozen castes. There's BILLIONS of castes - every one is his own caste. It's all about TAKE. Take whatever you can beg, steal, lie to get. The caste system at least had structure; but the British abolished that, and what they replaced it with, didn't take root. Because, by the time the modern era arrived, the British leadership elites already had embraced secular globalism.

It's a world without morality - which precludes running water, sewerage, any sort of public safety or hygiene.

There's not a dozen castes. There's BILLIONS of castes - every one is his own caste. It's all about TAKE. Take whatever you can beg, steal, lie to get. The caste system at least had structure; but the British abolished that, and what they replaced it with, didn't take root. Because, by the time the modern era arrived, the British leadership elites already had embraced secular globalism.

It's a world without morality - which precludes running water, sewerage, any sort of public safety or hygiene.

Spot on CJ, I have seen first hand the type of behaviours described by the author.

And explains why such a country with so many people is doomed to failure and will amount to nothing.

It does beg the question though, what happened to turn the place into what it is from the civilisation that gave us the Vedic texts? The Vimanas?

Sen. Tillis to introduce legislation barring federal funds from states ‘misusing’ 14th Amendment​

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) is set to introduce a bill barring federal funds for election administration from states “misusing” the 14th Amendment.

“Regardless of whether you support or oppose former President Donald Trump, it is outrageous to see left-wing activists make a mockery of our political system by scheming with partisan state officials and pressuring judges to remove him from the ballot,” Tillis said in a press release announcing the bill’s upcoming introduction Tuesday.

More:

How Republicans Are Reacting to the Colorado Ruling to Remove Trump From the Ballot​

The Colorado Supreme Court decided Tuesday night to disqualify former President Donald Trump from the state’s presidential primary ballot in 2024—a ruling that will surely be reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court. The move has already been met with strong reactions across parties.

Read More: Donald Trump Banned From 2024 Ballot in Colorado After Historic Ruling by State Court

Democrats have affirmed the decision.

Rep. Adam Schiff, the lead impeachment manager during Trump’s first impeachment trial and a candidate for U.S. Senate in California, posted on X, formerly Twitter: “The Colorado Supreme Court just ruled Donald Trump is disqualified from the ballot — and from holding office — under the 14th Amendment. Accountability for inciting an insurrection. It’s about time.”

More here:

I fail to see how Morality has anything to do with sewage infrastructure.

I fail to see how Morality has anything to do with sewage infrastructure.
No morality, no system set up to, first, HAVE relatively sound money; then collect it, and NOT abscond with it, and then contract with a construction company to - not abscond with the money; not rip off the government, but actually INSTALL the pipes, the system

Morality has little to do with sex and dope - sex and dope use is the RESULT of a lack of morality, which forbids idleness and reckless personal behavior. Morality has to do with right and wrong. No understanding of forbidden behaviors, such as theft, deceit, betrayal of one's own words...and nothing can get done.

Nor can what has gotten done, be maintained, as India again shows. It's why the infrastructure, the roads, the buildings, the railways, are all in terrible shape. First, there is little to be raised from taxes, with the grinding poverty. Then there is the un-sound money - pure politics, as India's currency-transition showed. Then, allowing that money is raised, there are public ministers needed who will USE the money, not waste it and not steal it; workers to hire who will WORK, and with integrity...and the whole construction area needs to be safe from theft and sabotage in political terrorism.

None of that exists in India in its postmodern state.

That's just economics. Nothing to do with morality.
You might want to read, not scan, that link. Buried deep in it, the writer addresses the Ayn Rand model, and why it does not work.

It works in societies with a deep entrenched belief in morality - even atheists in Western nations, have an ingrained acceptance of right and wrong, or used to (that seems to be going away, now) but India never did. Natural Law/Law of Moses/Ten Commandments were alien to them and never adopted by them, in the 200 or so years of British aggressive rule.

So when they were driven out, after they removed the caste structure, what was left was moral nihilism.

Economics is secondary to morality. You can't have economic activity until first I and my five friends are MORALLY proscribed from just hitting you on the head, taking what you have, and feeding you to my swine. Only with moral constraints, accepting that we both have rights to what we own, can we sit down and work out...ham hocks for silver coins, or whatever.

Don't take this one too seriously.

Attention Whore Says What?

Vivek Ramaswamy has the perfect solution to Trump's exclusion from the Colorado ballot. He thinks all the Republican candidates should remove themselves in solidarity, a la McCain calling for suspended campaigns after Bush and the banks tanked the economy in 2008.

In a video posted on Xitter, Vivek xitted his brilliant idea: "I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary ballot until Trump is also allowed to be on the ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country."

More:

New VERY DAMNING Trump Audio Recordings Surface​

Dec 22, 2023

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on a bombshell finding that Donald Trump was caught on an audio recording from back on November 17, 2020 threatening Wayne County, Michigan election canvassers.

13:09

News report referenced in the video:
Then-President Donald Trump personally pressured two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers not to sign the certification of the 2020 presidential election, according to recordings reviewed by The Detroit News and revealed publicly for the first time.
The call involving Trump, McDaniel, Hartmann and Palmer occurred within 30 minutes of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers meeting ending on Nov. 17, 2020, according to records reviewed by The News.

The recordings further demonstrated the direct involvement of Trump, as an incumbent president, with Republican officials in Michigan in a bid to undermine Biden's win and how some details of his efforts had remained secret as he launched a campaign to win back the White House in 2024.

Neither Palmer nor McDaniel and Trump, through spokespeople, disputed a summary of the call when contacted by The News ...

More:

repeating his unfounded claims of widespread election fraud in 2020 as justification for the call to action.
There it is. ^^^^^^^^^ The microscopic lib/cabal pineal gland in... inaction. Unable to think and conclude.

What sentient human being can see fanned votes being photographed so the collector can get paid,
boxes of votes being pulled out from hiding when all but a few are sent home, multiple votes from vacant lots, "broken" voting machines in Trump-heavy districts, UNfolded mail-in ballots, dead people voting, ah fukkit -- add your own dozen ways vote cheat-fraud occurred in what their Holy Man Biden said was the greatest vote fraud in American politics:

Last edited:
You might want to read, not scan, that link. Buried deep in it, the writer addresses the Ayn Rand model, and why it does not work.

It works in societies with a deep entrenched belief in morality - even atheists in Western nations, have an ingrained acceptance of right and wrong, or used to (that seems to be going away, now) but India never did. Natural Law/Law of Moses/Ten Commandments were alien to them and never adopted by them, in the 200 or so years of British aggressive rule.

So when they were driven out, after they removed the caste structure, what was left was moral nihilism.

Economics is secondary to morality. You can't have economic activity until first I and my five friends are MORALLY proscribed from just hitting you on the head, taking what you have, and feeding you to my swine. Only with moral constraints, accepting that we both have rights to what we own, can we sit down and work out...ham hocks for silver coins, or whatever.

Just because someone wrote it on the web does not make it so. I still disagree. You don't need morality to explain economics.

Even back to caveman days. I will assume that they have no concept of morality, just survival. Sure, they could bash the next caveman on the head to take his newly killed prey but that is dangerous and they could just as easily kill you. So, what if there was a caveman with extra food but willing to take some seashells for the food. Collecting the seashells to get food is less dangerous and less work, therefore you would likely choose this path for survival. It does not mean that the caveman would have any qualms about bashing the next guy on the head.

I couldn't have said it better!

Just because someone wrote it on the web does not make it so. I still disagree. You don't need morality to explain economics.
The writer demonstrates, does not try to prove, it. It's a self-evident truth.

Before you and I can trade (economic activity) we have to agree that you are not my property, and I am not your property (moral standing). That I have no right to enslave you, and that I am morally forbidden to kill or rob you. And verse visa.

They still have fat bellies and their circuses.
The way a society rises, and the way it falls, are two different things.

The rise is surrounded with excitement, frantic activity, a public mood that is joyous, of all the new opportunities opening. Many people, including in government and industry leaders, tend to move with discipline and forethought.

The crash is surrounded by a dark mood, with denial, with selfishness and often personal excesses. The extreme case might have been Berlin as the German warfront collapsed...with the power flickering, food supplies spotty, the Elites were drinking and carousing, letting suppressed interest in perversity run wild.

That's where we are now. Yeah, we still have fat bellies. Fatter, because the cheap non-nutritious processed food is more affordable than healthy stuff.

Alternet opinion piece 😁

Your guide to surviving the holidays with Trump-loving relatives — according to science | Opinion​

As the holiday season approaches, family gatherings are set to transform homes into microcosms of the national political landscape. In these reunions, conversations can quickly turn from benign banter about sports to the divisive topic of politics. With an election cycle upon us the name “Trump” can be as contentious as it is inescapable, turning a festive gathering of lights and eggnog into an ideological battleground.

This is the challenge many of us face this Christmas: How do we, armed with our morals and convictions, navigate the treacherous terrain of political discourse with those we love — without the feast turning into a fracas?

If you are a lone liberal leaf in a staunchly conservative family tree, you may be dreading the holiday. If you are not alone, and the family is more-or-less divided on political topics, it can be even worse — all holy hell can break loose. It is not an exaggeration to say that families can be — and sometimes are — torn apart in the highly polarized political climate we find ourselves in.

More great advice here:

Michael Cohen REACTS to Trump MELTDOWN after Court Order​

Dec 25, 2023

Michael Cohen responds to the to the disqualification ruling by the Colorado Supreme Court and debates with MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas whether Trump should be on the ballot or not. Back in February 2019, Cohen previously predicted exactly how Trump would respond after losing the 2020 election and gives us an important blueprint into Trump’s behavior again heading into the 2024 election.

13:38

Back
Top Bottom