Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

What natural rights?
As divined/articulated by Enlightenment philosophers. Man's Natural Rights - to Life, from conception to natural death; to liberty, free volution free of the forced compulsions or restrictions of other men; and right to property, the result of his productive work or effort.

The philosophers noted that societies that in some way recognized these Natural Rights, prospered. Those that did not, were stunted and unstable. Like Medieval European feudalism.

And who infers these "rights"?
It was done off of observation. By some of the great minds of the Reniassance movement and later.

I'm not a philosopher; not a serious student. Not even a watcher; more like a voyeur to philosophy. IIRC, John Locke, a later writer, was cited, IIRC, following the work of Thomas Hobbes, Jean Rousseau, St. Thomas Aquinas.

I have not read their work...more's the shame, but I never got to it and probably never will. But I have read, essentially, the Cliff's Notes version. Those who've preached to me about it, have described it as I did. It follows, those societies that followed such structure - as in parts of Europe during the Enlightenment, and then, later the English-speaking islands and colonies...those all prospered.

Those places in the world that allowed free markets without protecting Natural Rights...they prospered, but not for long. The whole of Central and South America. Modern China. The developing Germanic states.

And now, us. We're not prospering. We can trust nobody and nothing - not even our own money.

Opinion piece from a lefty fuckstick in 'straya:

So, since it just began...we have to jail a man without proof; continue holding 500 persons because of convictions on false evidence...BAN people from ballots...not one, but a whole ARMY of them from "that party"...and continue on haranguing all non-Woketard non-Leftist Americans who want the border secured and laws enforced equally...?

I dunno. That sounds like, ITSELF, insurrection.

Sounds like Treason.

The Left always accuses its opponents of what it plans.

"FBI was relentless" - suicide by cop? Good thing the local police had body cams!

Arrest footage of Trump co-defendant provides glimpse into Jack Smith probe​

Special counsel Jack Smith’s probe of Donald Trump’s election subversion has mostly played out in stuffy conference rooms and secret grand jury chambers, but last February, it nearly turned violent.

During a tense confrontation with FBI agents who were trying to serve a subpoena, Harrison Floyd — a 2020 Trump campaign aide — considered grabbing one of the agents’ guns, Floyd told local police officers who arrived at his door shortly afterward. His exchange with the local police was captured in body camera footage obtained by POLITICO through a public records request.

The footage shows the aftermath of a heated encounter between Floyd and two FBI agents dispatched by Smith. In the video, a winded, bare-chested Floyd complains to police in Rockville, Maryland, that he has just been accosted by a pair of men who pursued him into his apartment building. One flashed a gun, prompting Floyd — a Marine Corps veteran and mixed martial arts fighter who saw combat in the Iraq War — to consider wrestling it away, Floyd says in the video.

“If he reached up, I probably could have tried to stop the muzzle, but he would have definitely threw my hand,” Floyd tells the officers, who were responding to a 911 call he placed about armed men barging into his building. “But the other one was right next to me. So, if I went for that gun, and he pulled a gun, now I’m fighting two guys with guns, that’s not good. So, I backed up and went away. … I could’ve been killed really fucking easily, if I wasn’t smart.”

The confrontation itself was not captured on the video, and it’s not clear why it apparently escalated into a heated altercation. What is clear is that, on Feb. 23, 2023, the FBI agents were attempting to serve Floyd with a grand jury subpoena as part of Smith’s federal investigation into Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

And the video reveals details of the previously secret subpoena that offer new insights into the timing, direction and staffing of Smith’s probe.

Smith, who obtained a federal indictment of Trump in August, has not charged Floyd in that case. But Floyd is facing criminal charges alongside Trump and other allies in the separate probe in Georgia over election interference. And Floyd was also arrested that day in Rockville and later charged in federal court with assaulting an officer for allegedly barreling into one of the FBI agents.

An attorney for Floyd, Chris Kachouroff, said the two men who approached his client never displayed their credentials, so Floyd could not be sure who they were or what they were doing. Audio recorded by one of the FBI agents confirms that, the lawyer said.

A spokesperson for Smith declined to comment on the episode.

A secret subpoena revealed​

Grand jury subpoenas are not typically public. But in the bodycam video, one of the Rockville officers who answered Floyd’s 911 call can be seen holding up the subpoena and leafing through each page, with the text visible.

The subpoena demanded all records of Floyd’s contacts with Trump, the Trump administration and lawyers working on Trump’s behalf. More notably, it asked for all documents “relating to any planned or actual contact” with two Georgia election workers who became targets of conspiracy theories fomented by Trump and one of his top 2020 lawyers, Rudy Giuliani.

In the video, Smith’s name is clearly visible on the cover letter of the subpoena, as is a request to Floyd to keep the demand confidential.

The new details underscore that Smith has pursued evidence related to the harassment of the two Georgia election workers, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, who were falsely accused by Trump, Giuliani and others of manipulating ballots in 2020. Smith mentioned them in his Aug. 1, 2023, indictment of Trump, but the details of his probe into the matter have largely remained elusive. (In a separate proceeding, Freeman and Moss recently won a $148 million defamation verdict against Giuliani.)

A shirtless Trump loyalist and two agents in ‘horrible’ suits​

Though he lived in Maryland in 2023, Floyd was previously involved in Georgia Republican politics, including a short-lived run for Congress there in 2019. Later in the 2020 election cycle, he served as the director of the political group Black Voices for Trump.

image.jpg

Interesting article. Not a snowball's chance in hell this will happen but if it could happen, he'd get my vote.

Schwarzenegger for president? Arnold should run – and not just because he'd beat Trump.​

Dear Arnold,

In Netflix’s new action series, “FUBAR,” you’re compelling as a retiring CIA agent pulled back into intelligence madness because he didn’t realize his daughter is also a secret agent.

You also may not realize that, in real life, the door just opened for you to be pulled back into the FUBAR (“F’ed Up Beyond All Recognition”) of our national politics. I’m writing to ask you to walk through that door, and run for president for the good of our country.

You’ve previously said that you would run for president, if not for two facts: that you were born an Austrian, and that Article II, Sec. 1 of the U.S. Constitution says “no Person except a natural born Citizen… shall be eligible to the Office of President.”

The article hasn’t changed, but American devotion to the Constitution and its provisions on presidential eligibility has.

More:

Yeah. Are-Node beating Trump.

We haven't forgotten the debacle of 20 years ago....when it was MINUTES into his job that he proved himself not even a RINO, but a DemocRat on the wrong side of the ballot. A DemocRat that made Bush 41 look conservative and competent.

Mike Pence’s brother is latest Republican retiring from Congress​

Rep. Greg Pence (R-Ind.), the brother of former Vice President Mike Pence, announced Tuesday that he is retiring from Congress after three terms.

Why it matters: It's the latest in a string of sudden Republican retirement announcements and comes as the House returns from its holiday recess.

Driving the news: Pence, in a statement posted to the social media site X, said he has "made the decision not to file for reelection" in 2024.

More:

Those 'retiring' were forced to leave.... FISA works both ways....

Listen closely…Trumps Lawyers are Arguing that if Donald Trump can be Prosecuted, so can George W. Bush and Barrack Hussein Obama - Boomerang​

The public conversation has begun… for this reason, it is exactly why I call him PRECedent Trump..Bush and Obama were involved in some of the most heinous crimes in American history.

They are traitors to this country. As Trump says…

• “they’ve opened Pandora’s box”.
https://rumble.com/v2ttxca-donald-trump-the-pandoras-box-has-officially-been-opened-precedent-set.html…
• “I caught the swamp. We have it all.”
https://rumble.com/v461jkx-donald-trump-i-caught-the-swamp-i-caught-them-all.html…
• “They’ve Broken the Veil. Now I’m allowed to do what has to be done”
https://rumble.com/v3tqyy4-trump-theyve-broken-the-veil-and-now-im-allowed-to-do-what-i-have-to-do.html…
• “We found out things they don’t want us to know…”
https://rumble.com/v45kf4f-trump-buckle-up-we-found-out-things-they-dont-want-us-to-know..html…

He is taking all of these slings and arrows for our country to set the precedent for the biggest boomerang in history.
https://rumble.com/v461drl-bush-and-obama-could-be-prosecuted-you-say.html…

FGDWKNfXMAggiFz.jpg

Trump 14th Amendment political challenger arrested on federal tax charges​

A Texas man who filed over two dozen challenges to former President Trump’s ballot eligibility was arrested Tuesday on charges alleging he filed 17 sets of false tax documents to the IRS.

John Anthony Castro was indicted last week on 33 counts of aiding the preparation of false tax returns. Prosecutors claim he ran a virtual tax preparation business that provided customers with tax returns beyond what they were actually owed, defrauding the government.

“Castro would promise a significantly higher refund than taxpayers could receive from other preparers and on many occasions, offered to split the additional refund with taxpayers,” prosecutors said in court documents. “In order to achieve these larger refunds, Castro generated false deductions, that were not based in fact, and which were submitted without the taxpayer’s knowledge.”

More:

Trump 14th Amendment political challenger arrested on federal tax charges​

A Texas man who filed over two dozen challenges to former President Trump’s ballot eligibility was arrested Tuesday on charges alleging he filed 17 sets of false tax documents to the IRS.

John Anthony Castro was indicted last week on 33 counts of aiding the preparation of false tax returns. Prosecutors claim he ran a virtual tax preparation business that provided customers with tax returns beyond what they were actually owed, defrauding the government.

“Castro would promise a significantly higher refund than taxpayers could receive from other preparers and on many occasions, offered to split the additional refund with taxpayers,” prosecutors said in court documents. “In order to achieve these larger refunds, Castro generated false deductions, that were not based in fact, and which were submitted without the taxpayer’s knowledge.”

More:

That's how Fascists work. And you celebrate it

I'll preface this by admitting I don't know anything about Dr. Shiva.

But he rubbed me wrong, when he was a guest on Man in America podcast. What he did, was basically tear into every near-ally in the current awareness - Steve Kirsch, who he called stupid (because he releases information to the public in language the layman could understand) Trump as a Deep State tool, and Vivek as a fake token brown-skin.

He, and ONLY he, can SAVE US. Because ONLY HE knows the answer, which is not in voting, not in a representative republic. It's by giving power to DOCTOR SHIVA.

There is a term for such a position, such an attitude. It's called "Building a Cult of Personality." Lyndon LaRouche tried for years, here. Adolf with the moustache was more successful. The Communist dictator of Romania, Nicolae Caeusescue, somehow was able to do it. Castro, Ho Chi Minh...Mao tse Tung...different shirts, same filling.

If God is still answering prayers for this nation, I pray this viper gets nowhere. EVER.

Chris Christie caught talking on hot mic ahead of suspending campaign​

Jan 10, 2024
Chris Christie was caught allegedly speaking bout GOP presidential candidates during a hot mic moment before he announced that he would be suspending his 2024 presidential campaign at an event in New Hampshire.

5:36

^^^^^

Kornacki breaks down whether Nikki Haley is ‘gonna get smoked’​

Jan 10, 2024
Steve Kornacki, MSNBC national political correspondent, explains how a state's demographic mix influences the polling in the Republican presidential primary and helps answer the question of whether Chris Christie's hot mic prediction that Nikki Haley is "gonna get smoked" is likely

4:44

He, and ONLY he, can SAVE US. Because ONLY HE knows the answer, which is not in voting, not in a representative republic. It's by giving power to DOCTOR SHIVA.

He talks a good game

The Silver-tongued devil clone Vivek Ramaswamy - Repeatedly Uses Barack Obama’s Talking Points

He talks a good game
He talks like a cultist.

First, he tries to elevate himself by tearing down everyone else.

Second, he proposes, not actions, but belief that HE IS THE ANSWER.

Setting up a cult of leadership.

We've seen that enough, in history, that open-minded observers should recognize it.

ACTIONS matter. IDEAS matter. Persons only matter to the extent they hold ideas and promise actions.

And if constitutional republicanism can no longer work, we're in trouble. Because totalitarian leadership under a cult leader, absolutely doesn't work...whether within a Communist, Fascist, or ostensibly-capitalist dictatorship framework.

Chris Christie caught talking on hot mic ahead of suspending campaign​

Jan 10, 2024
Chris Christie was caught allegedly speaking bout GOP presidential candidates during a hot mic moment before he announced that he would be suspending his 2024 presidential campaign at an event in New Hampshire.

5:36

Has he lost weight?

That's how Fascists work. And you celebrate it
Sounds to me like the fascist got his exactly own medicine handed right back to him.

Goose/Gander -- and he goosed first.

Who couldn't see this coming?

Lincoln Project founder calls the Republican primary a 'Kabuki dance' and says Donald Trump will be the GOP nominee on March 19: 'That's the ballgame'​

Rick Wilson, one of the founders of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project, called this year's Republican primary a 'Kabuki dance' and predicted that former President Donald Trump would be the 'inevitable' nominee on March 19.

Wilson sat down with reporters ahead of the Iowa caucuses Saturday night at Des Moines' famed 801 Chophouse and laid out why he thought Trump's rivals - former U.N. Amb. Nikki Haley and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis - had no chance.

Wilson said that even if Haley outperformed or beat Trump in New Hampshire and did well in her home state of South Carolina, she runs into problems on Super Tuesday on March 5, when Trump can win all of California's delegates, for example, if he hits 50 percent support.

More:

The world............

How an election-packed 2024 could swing world markets​

LONDON, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Countries making up over 60% of the world's economic output and more than half of its population hold elections this year.

Taiwanese voters on Saturday swept the ruling Democratic Progressive Party's presidential candidate Lai Ching-te into power, rejecting Chinese pressure to spurn him. And on Monday, U.S. Republican presidential candidates face the party's first nominating contest in Iowa.

Here's a look at key elections in focus for markets, in roughly chronological order.

More:

Unless something major happens with Trump and/or Biden, I don't think Haley or DeSantis are going to make up the ground they need to beat Trump for the GOP nomination.

Kari Lake was a notable person hanging around a lot for the Iowa win. With no other reason to be around. I think I'd put my money on her being the VP nomination.

Unless something major happens with Trump and/or Biden, I don't think Haley or DeSantis are going to make up the ground they need to beat Trump for the GOP nomination.
Prediction: TPTB stop Trump - with jail or a lead slug - and install Jebster Shrub as THE ONE!

Jebster concedes, about twenty minutes after the polls open...based on computer algos of mail-in ballots...and we get _____ as pResident. The blank space, because it will be a TBD fill-in for pillow-suffocated Pedo Joe.

It's becoming increasingly-obvious that we've had a Color Revolution, and whoever ran it is now in the Normalization phase.

Yeah. Are-Node beating Trump.

We haven't forgotten the debacle of 20 years ago....when it was MINUTES into his job that he proved himself not even a RINO, but a DemocRat on the wrong side of the ballot. A DemocRat that made Bush 41 look conservative and competent.

Considering his beliefs, he would have to run as a democrat. :lmao:

freedom1.jpg

Nor do they deserve to. Especially Nikki. She's a straight up neocon and would have fit right in with the likes of Cheny and Rumsfeld.

We don't need more of that.

Imho, Trump is owed a second term, and for no other reason than the baseless attacks that dogged him in his first term. They tried to destroy him for simply having beat their hag.

The fact is, that the crossfire hurricane "investigation" was based on no credible evidence at all, and they knew it from the beginning.
They gas lit the whole f'ing country with the "he's Putin's puppet" BS.
.....but now we are finding out that the current admin was the one taking money from the likes of Russia, China and Ukraine, and lying about having done so. That makes them and Joe the puppet.

They tried turning the nation against him by accusing him of what they actually did.

Back
Top Bottom