Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

What absolute fantasy!
...and having fantasies about someone that does not match reality, is how you end up with a person who does things that you "don't get".

1706117731873.png

World hvy weight championship in Nov. My money is on the current champ.

:popcorn:

Landslide Trump Victory in 2024 - Martin Armstrong​

Join Greg Hunter of USAWatchdog.com as he goes One-on-One with Martin Armstrong, financial and geopolitical cycle expert for 1.23.24.
62m

Biden picks up coveted UAW endorsement despite Trump courtship

The United Auto Workers labor union has endorsed President Joe Biden despite former President Donald Trump‘s courting of the organization’s support.

UAW President Shawn Fain announced his organization’s sought-after endorsement during his group’s annual conference in Washington, D.C. Wednesday, underscoring Biden’s record of standing with auto workers, dating back to the industry’s 2008-2010 crisis.

More:

The 'blue wall' will hold for Biden in the Midwest, says governor​

Jan 24, 2024

Gov. Tim Walz, D-Minn., joins Morning Joe to discuss the Biden campaign's response to Trump's win in New Hampshire.

6:32

The United Auto Workers labor union has endorsed President Joe Biden despite former President Donald Trump‘s courting of the organization’s support.

UAW President Shawn Fain announced his organization’s sought-after endorsement during his group’s annual conference in Washington, D.C. Wednesday, underscoring Biden’s record of standing with auto workers, dating back to the industry’s 2008-2010 crisis.

More:

World hvy weight championship in Nov. My money is on the current champ.
I couln't even tell ya who's in it. Nor do I care.

Stuff like that, I see as not much more than bread and circuses to keep the masses pacified and distracted just enough to not get the fact that they are being sold out.

I couln't even tell ya who's in it. Nor do I care.

My post was a idiom concerning the Nov election. It's me just playing around. Now as to who's in it, Nov is a long way off, all sorts of unforeseen shit could happen, especially with 80-year-olds.

Veterans group launches ad against Trump in Pennsylvania​

A liberal veterans PAC will launch an ad in Pennsylvania markets Sunday targeting former President Trump over his past comments about veterans.

The 60-second ad by VoteVets, first reviewed by The Hill, features Gold Star parents going after Trump for having in the past called veterans “losers” and “suckers.”

The ad opens with a shot of a military cemetery, and placed over it is a quote attributed to Trump: “Why should I go to that cemetery, it’s filled with losers.” In 2020, The Atlantic reported that Trump said this related to canceling a visit to a World War I cemetery in France. Trump said the report was false. It was later corroborated by John Kelly, who was Trump’s chief of staff at the time of the disputed comments.

Following in the ad are comments from parents who lost children to war.

“My stepson was not a loser,” a Gold Star parent narrates. Later, she says, “My stepson was not a sucker.”

More:

Veterans group launches ad against Trump in Pennsylvania​

Aliberal veterans PAC will launch an ad in Pennsylvania markets Sunday targeting former President Trump over his past comments about veterans.

Can you say "Astroturf," kids?

Anyone remember the 2004 fake-veterans' groups coming out for that soldier-hero, Jean-Francois Kerry? Who got a paper cut in a field HQ hut and demanded a Purple Heart for it?

Why is it that we're always expected to believe any statements the left merely "attributes" to Trump, but anything negative about one of their own must be proven beyond all doubt and admitted to by the person in question prior to even discussing it?

Seems kinda one sided.

^^^^^^

Thoughts

In life, and on the interwebs, always take things for what they're worth and do your own due diligence.

Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see.

If a politician opens his mouth there is a possibility he may be out to con you.

If someone says only he can solve a problem, run don't walk, run away.

The New York Times's Tantalizing Blaming Strategy​

Pin it on Trump for the border as a constitutional crisis brews.

TIPPINSIGHTS EDITORIAL BOARD
January 27, 2024 . 8:12 AM
5 min read
The congressional correspondent of The New York Times filed this report from Capitol Hill, and, quite unbelievably, the newspaper published it. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and the Democrats aim to pin the border situation on Trump, and the report dutifully follows suit. The media echo chamber is embracing the 'blame it on Trump' theme.

The New York Times's Tantalizing Blaming Strategy​

Pin it on Trump for the border as a constitutional crisis brews.

TIPPINSIGHTS EDITORIAL BOARD
January 27, 2024 . 8:12 AM
5 min read
The congressional correspondent of The New York Times filed this report from Capitol Hill, and, quite unbelievably, the newspaper published it. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and the Democrats aim to pin the border situation on Trump, and the report dutifully follows suit. The media echo chamber is embracing the 'blame it on Trump' theme.
You would have to seriously be an idiot to not SEE what the deep state shills have been doing to Trump since 2015.

This is yet another attempt at blaming Trump for all the crap they themselves created!!

Kind of funny really.... I don't think they're fooling many people, 'cept for the idiots that is....

More:

Union leader fires back after Trump called him a 'dope'​

The president of the United Auto Workers union, Shawn Fain, responds to former President Trump calling him a "dope" and "weapon of mass destruction" to the automobile manufacturing industry on social media

The "labor" unions are nothing but an arm of the Party of Chaos.

I learned that LONG ago. As a railroader, I was a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, one of the last independent railroad unions. Well, after the UTW, which had combined all other craft unions, made a run on a takeover (rigged vote, where did they learn THAT) the BLE opted to "ally" with the Teamsters.

I expected great things. Back then the Teamsters had been rebuilt from Mob occupation, and had supported Reagan in two elections. Their contracts were the gold standard. They had money. They delivered for their people.

I was SO wrong. The problem with the Teamsters mob affiliation was, the mobsters weren't active enough with the right party. Yeah, they learned.

They took over us to learn, too. How they could start robbing the members the way railroad unions have been stealing from THEIR members for forty years, without delivering.

The cap for me was, when I went to a union meeting (I tried to make most of them, find out where my dues were being wasted) and members of the BLE national were there. To make a "vital presentation" which turned out to be an unannounced rally for Barry the Kenyan.

That was the last union meeting I went to. A month later I left that railroad, and embarked on my six-year itinerant vagrancy across America. I have NO use for today's unions or the politics they try to force on the members and the country. The leaders are very like career Leftist politicians - flagrantly wasting the grassroots money; contemptuous of the rank-and-file; living lives as if, and believing, they are "speshul."

I'd like to take a Ford Lightning battery pack, and insert a NEG cable up this guy's backside; and tie the POS lead to the part of Dementia Joe that he sparked his daughter with...and let them arc each other to death, or until the battery pack goes off like a bomb.

That's right...

Here’s Your Helpful Reminder That If They Had Anything Real On Trump, You’d Have Seen It Years Ago​

If they had anything real on Trump, you’d have seen it years ago.

One guy, in typical "I got you now" fashion, even pulled the biggest IRS heist in history just to get Trump and leaked Trump's taxes in the process... and they found nothing. Mr. Charles Littlejohn did manage to win a 5 year prison sentence for his troubles. You know what they say about playing stupid games.

Makes you wonder what they are going to cook up next.

What those "writers" do not mention is a solution.

Or, rather, what solution they want.

Because they know it would not be popular. It would make the US weak and unstable - which is what the Left wants. Make it like EUROPE - unable to pay for their own military defense, in spite of 50-percent taxation; with coalition governments steered by fringe parties like the Greens, that no one supports. With government collapses all the time, and marked by frequent coalitions with Communists or other collectivists.

We were never INTENDED to have direct choice except in our District Representative. The President was to be chosen by Electors who were to be selected by STATE LEGISLATURES. That's two steps away from popular voting. And it was the States that surrendered that right, making direct election of Electors, as identified proxies for declared candidates, the most-common way, and then the only way, the system works in each state.

Populists and Progressives (yeah, Circle-D) did this to us. UNDOING it would end this circus.

Giving us a government where somehow six or more parties were enshrined in the system, would give us the unstable, unpopular, coercive non-representative government that European no-longer-sovereigns now endure.

What is wrong with this picture?

Biden-meeting-situation-room-regarding-Iran-1.jpeg

vs

Trump-situation-room-meeting.jpg

Some choice.

FED UP Prosecutor SMOKES OUT Trump's Plans​

Donald Trump just released a statement in which he outlines the immediate actions he would take if reelected. Tristan Snell, who served as Assistant Attorney General of New York and successfully prosecuted Donald Trump in the Trump University case, discusses the authoritarian tendencies of the former President, and what Americans can do to push back.

15:27

Oregon high court says 10 GOP state senators who staged long walkout can’t run for reelection​

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The Oregon Supreme Court said Thursday that 10 Republican state senators who staged a record-long walkout last year to stall bills on abortion, transgender health care and gun rights cannot run for reelection.

The decision upholds the secretary of state’s decision to disqualify the senators from the ballot under a voter-approved measure aimed at stopping such boycotts. Measure 113, passed by voters in 2022, amended the state constitution to bar lawmakers from reelection if they have more than 10 unexcused absences.

More:

How Donald Trump reduced the GOP to groveling sycophants​

Bully-worship, under various disguises, has become a universal religion.
— George Orwell, 1939, reviewing Bertrand Russell’s "Power: A New Social Analysis"

It was said that Prussia, the nucleus of the German state, was not a country with an army but an army with a country. The army achieved an exalted status as the engine of German unification during the 19th century; officers became an elite to which civilians were expected to defer.

When World War I went bad — a war the German army had largely provoked through its hair-trigger invasion plans — the Prussian officer corps called for an armistice, forced the abdication of the Kaiser (to whom they had sworn obedience) and blamed civilian politicians for the defeat. They intrigued throughout the Weimar Republic period, unseating governments, conspiring with enemies of the republic and, in 1933, helping to give the final shove that toppled democracy.

The army tacitly understood Adolf Hitler, the new chancellor, as a pliable figurehead whom they and the monied classes could control. Yet within a year, they were lined up and forced to swear an oath of “unconditional loyalty,” not to Germany, but to Hitler personally. The rest, as they say, is history: The fabled general staff were reduced to the level of office boys as Hitler unleashed a war that destroyed them as a warrior caste and destroyed Germany as a state. Most of the generals knew he was leading them to destruction, but they could not break the habit of obedience — in the aftermath, some of them pathetically claimed that they could not betray their oath to Hitler.

More:

Tucker Carlson: "Something big is about to happen!!" in Exclusive Broadcast​

Back
Top Bottom