Jobs, side hustles & life styling for $$$

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That must be why laundromats are disappearing.

Because there's so much money in it.

I don't know a thing about hot-dog stands - except that kids have been investigated for lemonade stands. Food service requires permitting - basically, an arbitrary permission chit from the authorities.

Yup, DYODD.

18 YEARS OLD Lawn Care OWNER! ► 2 Trucks ► Skidsteer ►Snow Plow! WOW!​

Jul 18, 2023

14:02

Today we're joined by Andrew Phillips, owner of Stormy's Outdoor Services in Brighton, MI. Andrew started his lawn and landscaping business at 14 years old and has grown to own multiple trucks, mowers, and even a skid steer in just a handful of years!Andrew and I got to know each other at a local lawn care meetup and then again at a few trade shows! I couldn't be more excited for his growth and the team of guys he's put together! Check out the podcast interview with Andrew on the Fullerton Unfiltered podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast...

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@BriansLawnMaintenance/videos

How's he stay fat while pushing a lawn mower.

When this came up I remembered your post. This guy's a bit larger than the other one. That said, I wish the guy success.

60+ CUSTOMERS at 17! TEENAGER SUCCESS! ► Mowers! ►Trailers! ► + TRUCKS!​

Jul 31, 2023

13:31

Today we're sharing Zadok Shafer's Lawn & Landscaping business called Z Dubs Mowing & More out in Wayland, MI. Zadok is 17 but has an incredible business he's ready to take full-time after graduating high school.

Zadok has been watching our YouTube channel since he was 10 years old, and it's finally come full circle to get him on the channel and highlight his success! Zadok has a couple great guys working for him and is quickly building two crews for his equipment setup!

Great job, Zadok. Keep it going, brother!

Etsy seller whose side hustle brings in $169,000 a year: My No. 1 tip for making money during inflation​

Six months ago, Tim Riegel bent over his computer, reviewed his monthly earnings statement and saw that his highly lucrative side hustle was making less money.

He was shocked — until he realized just how much inflation was impacting his business.

Riegel's side hustle, Mozark Fire Pit Studio, was successful immediately upon launching in 2021. He started by sourcing, welding and selling 275-pound steel fire pits to his neighbors in Lamar, Missouri, a rural town of 4,000 people two hours south of Kansas City. Within six months, freight trucks were delivering his products to Etsy buyers across the U.S. and Canada.

The business brought in $50,000 in sales in just five months on the platform, according to documents reviewed by CNBC Make It.

More:

I don't believe it.

A fat kid doesn't push a lawnmower.

SORRY...he either loses the fat or he's not doing it.

This is a media fantasy. Next we get him outfitted with a fake p_ssy...he can wear a short dress while pushing a mower for the Woke mediuh cameras. Flash his Fredericks' lingerie...complete with "tuck."

I left NYC and bought a house in Montana. I had a big job title but a terrible bank account — now I'm happier and my money goes further.​

• Shallon Lester is a YouTuber who moved from New York City to Bozeman, Montana, in June 2020.
  • She purchased a five-bedroom house and realized she'd rather feel rich than big-city cool.
  • Even though she loves Montana more than she had expected, she's found the dating scene to be tricky.
This as-told-to essay is based on a conversation with Shallon Lester, a YouTuber living in Bozeman, Montana. It has been edited for length and clarity.

I'm a YouTube creator who grew up in California, but I lived in New York City for more than 12 years and worked as the editor of a magazine. Once COVID-19 hit, the party was (literally) over, and all I was left with was the vexing drudgery of big-city life without the fun.

I didn't know a single person in Montana, but after I visited Bozeman, something about it felt like home. It called to me.

More:

I left NYC and bought a house in Montana. I had a big job title but a terrible bank account — now I'm happier and my money goes further.​

• Shallon Lester is a YouTuber who moved from New York City to Bozeman, Montana, in June 2020.
  • She purchased a five-bedroom house and realized she'd rather feel rich than big-city cool.
  • Even though she loves Montana more than she had expected, she's found the dating scene to be tricky.
This as-told-to essay is based on a conversation with Shallon Lester, a YouTuber living in Bozeman, Montana. It has been edited for length and clarity.

I'm a YouTube creator who grew up in California, but I lived in New York City for more than 12 years and worked as the editor of a magazine. Once COVID-19 hit, the party was (literally) over, and all I was left with was the vexing drudgery of big-city life without the fun.

I didn't know a single person in Montana, but after I visited Bozeman, something about it felt like home. It called to me.

More:

That's the kind of person that's not, repeat NOT needed in Montana.

We have far too many of them. And, as with Colorado 30 years ago, they're turning the state...slowly, at first. As with Colorado, the tipping will be sudden.

Bozeman was always offbeat. Remember Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance? The significant past of the philosopher-mechanic-narrator was at Montana State University, where he was enraged that his students (who, then as now, were mostly marking time) were not so obsessed with "quality" as he was. And author Robert Pirsig spent a fair amount of time mocking Montana and its people of 1970 for their lack of awareness, of concern, for important things.

Well, Bozeman's gone blue. Missoula, the whole county of 130,000, and the University of Montana (separate "university" and worse city) is so blue it's Chi-Comm red. Whitefish, another small-medium city near Glacier NP, is West Aspen - filled with Mercedes Marxists who want Communism to be Socially Aware.

This has all come to be from the Grate California Vomitus of detrius into the state. Now, the Vampire State is likewise puking up superior, smug libburls with money and no roots. Colorado is giving us their share - funny, because Colorado was a place to flee TO in 1995.

Now we got the Lamestream Nooze liars pushing it. Must mean they smell victory, tipping another state, close at hand.

Yeah, I did.

She makes enough money to buy a million-dollar house in Bozeman, but her Eww Toob feed is full of crap about Prince Harry and Kortney and Khloe.

She's at least 30 and probably older, and she's unhappy that the "dating scene" in Bozeman is not up to her calibre. My guess is, the cowboys don't have time for Gnu-Yarker snark and sass. And at her age, why bother dating? She ain't gonna get a man. That bus has left the terminal. Time to get a dozen cats.

No, I thought for a moment she could be the real deal - an innate conservative that God misplaced in Gotham. Nope. Sounds like 100 million other Leftists who make money fer nuffin, and vote for more juvenile insanity.

I know a lot of blue collars who make a good living, but some of them also have enough bad habits that counter their incomes. One can make a good living in Florida from cleaning pools, licensed plumber, licensed electrician, air conditioning or boat captain. Mexicans have taken over landscaping, but irrigation is still open for somebody that knows what they are doing.

Nothing special, just someone I follow on youtube. Enjoyed the vid, figured I'd share.

hate thieves !! get rich millionaire money side hustle success motivation get better retire early​

Aug 25, 2023

11:15

Unveiling the Paradox: Why Poor People Today Are Unhappy Despite Living Better Than Kings Did​

Sep 18, 2023 SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE

12:04

Many poor people ask themselves "Why am I poor"? What are poor people habits that keep people in constant debt? What most people don't realize is that poor people in Western countries today, live better than the kings in the past. Instead of being happy to have all the modern conveniences that kings in the past did not have, people choose to envy and try to emulate people who have more than them. This usually results in people staying poor because they buy things they don't need and can't afford by running up credit card debt.

If you invested in yourself with a new skill, the stock market, or start a business with the money you were using to try to look rich, you would be well on your way out of poverty and on the right track to wealth.

...Live within your means, and plan for a future. In a world of stable money, that means investing. In today's fiat-dollar world, that means investing in yourself - tools, things and skills you can use. NOT consumer goods.

Is Starting a Pet Waste Removal Business in 2023 Worth It?​

7:50

Living On $77K A Year Washing Cars At Age 22 | Gen Z Money​

7:00

Randy Roblero, 22, lives in West Palm Beach, Florida, and he's on track to make $77,000 running his own business as a car detailer. Randy started cleaning cars as a side hustle when he was 18, but it wasn't until he purchased the van in 2021 that he decided to become a full-time business owner.

october update !! get rich millionaire real estate retirement success passive income money​

Oct 11, 2023

11:56

10 Minimalist Rules That Changed My Life​

Subject I know nothing about. Found it interesting so ...................

The Real Truth about making money with a Hobby CNC​

Oct 14, 2023

13:07

Are you thinking about starting as CNC business? Hobby CNC might be a great place to start. Today we're talk about what side business we are using our hobby cnc for.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@izzyswan/videos

Here you have someone making a few bucks renting the "off grid" experience. Actually a neat idea and pretty smart.

It's like finding out what homelessness is like, by camping out for a weekend.

Not comparable. The renting, is a novelty.

LIVING that way, indefinitely, very much different.

It's like finding out what homelessness is like, by camping out for a weekend.

Not comparable. The renting, is a novelty.

LIVING that way, indefinitely, very much different.

When I read the "conditions" I started laughing out loud. But if you wanted to get lost for a while.................

Yeah, I read further.

The price is right, if you wanted an interim hidey-hole.

But what they're requiring - a truck, various tools to deal with snowy weather...those are homeowner things. People who are settled, have them.

It doesn't sound like a really great deal, at all.

From the link:

9. No one is going to remember you in 100 years.

So you might as well focus on what’s going to make you happy now, instead of what money might buy you in the future.

There is a Scottish proverb: Be happy while you are living, for you are a long time dead.

Don't agree with everything he says, but do think it's a good vid. 10 mins 59 secs.

10 Frugal Living Habits That Made My Life Easy​

Could minimalism be the way to go for a while? Will post some stuff about that when I get the chance.
It is for me.

It can lead to strange choices.

Take, for example, transportation. Specifically, the thing most Americans spend the most on - an automobile.

I lost mine. Vaxxident, far from home. It wasn't new - it was 16 years old, but in great shape and a desirable model, a 4x4 pickup.

In due course, after many hoops to jump through, the insurance company paid me back. The proceeds were mine - it was paid for.

With this money, I bought cheaper cars. That's right, plural.

Bought a 24-year-old small Japanese truck, the kind we can't buy anymore - also in great shape, belonged to an old man, now deceased; and a little puddle-jumper city car. Smallest car Toyota ever sold in this country. Age 12 years, 115,000 miles.

Why two? They are BOTH...OLD. Old machinery breaks. And automobiles wear out. And the way things are going, I am going to be a hundred-percenter in a few years - that is, 100 percent of my pension going to pay my rent.

So...two vehicles of a reliable Japanese brand...and me, with no more than 15 years on my own calendar...and the break my state gives the owner of old cars and trucks (one-time registration fee)...you could say I'm living a sort of minimalism. No $1000 car payment for me. No fear of being upside down; and no discovery of a weakness in a model that was brought out just a few years ago.

It may well be that I can't own or drive a personal vehicle in the years ahead; but this is a good transition to that point.

It is for me.

It can lead to strange choices.

Take, for example, transportation. Specifically, the thing most Americans spend the most on - an automobile.

I lost mine. Vaxxident, far from home. It wasn't new - it was 16 years old, but in great shape and a desirable model, a 4x4 pickup.

In due course, after many hoops to jump through, the insurance company paid me back. The proceeds were mine - it was paid for.

With this money, I bought cheaper cars. That's right, plural.

Bought a 24-year-old small Japanese truck, the kind we can't buy anymore - also in great shape, belonged to an old man, now deceased; and a little puddle-jumper city car. Smallest car Toyota ever sold in this country. Age 12 years, 115,000 miles.

Why two? They are BOTH...OLD. Old machinery breaks. And automobiles wear out. And the way things are going, I am going to be a hundred-percenter in a few years - that is, 100 percent of my pension going to pay my rent.

So...two vehicles of a reliable Japanese brand...and me, with no more than 15 years on my own calendar...and the break my state gives the owner of old cars and trucks (one-time registration fee)...you could say I'm living a sort of minimalism. No $1000 car payment for me. No fear of being upside down; and no discovery of a weakness in a model that was brought out just a few years ago.

It may well be that I can't own or drive a personal vehicle in the years ahead; but this is a good transition to that point.

CJ.........I'm a retired mechanic. Understand your position on cars very well. Don't blame you one bit for buying what you did. The cost of cars now-a-days is a bit crazy.

I had 2 Gran Marquis, a 2002 and a 2006. Both in great shape. Traded the 02 in on a Subaru Crosstrek at the end of July. Wanted something new and I drove my gf's Crosstrek and liked it. Will keep the 06 for a while as a second. When I get rid of it, I'll get something much more economical and smaller.

Have lived as a minimalist for a long time. Everything I own is paid for. And that's a great feeling. I did get very lucky a few times and will not discount that, but I always asked myself "is this a want or a need" before I made a major purchase. I also like to wait a while before any major purchase to see if the desire to buy goes away and if I can find it cheaper. Works for me.

Living On $52K A Year As A Bladesmith In Haines, Alaska | Millennial Money​

Oct 26, 2023

9:24

Trevor Barrett, 35, lives in Haines, Alaska with his wife Larissa and son Samuel. The couple earns around $52,000 a year from Trevor's bladesmithing business and Larissa's graphic design work at the local newspaper. Earlier this year, Larissa left her graphic design job to join Barrett Knives and manage the finances and marketing.

Okay. Confession: I have not watched that video. Because it's a sales job - not necessarily a product, but an idea. All the poor shlubs flailing, hey, come to (fill in the blank) and live well, on what programs/needs/opportunities are HERE!

I'm reminded of the Gold Rush years. NUMEROUS writers have gone on about that - those of the period, Mark Twain, Jack London, John Steinbeck; various newspaper write-ups - and those of later, such as James Michener. The story always is the same - flyers printed and handed out in lands of discontent; and containing explicit instructions of how to buy a ticket, from which railway agent. Or, at the railhead, as Jack London noted..."complete" Prospecting kits, or survival kits for Alaska or Colorado or Nevada prospecting.

These flyers and the purchased crap, take the place of preparation and due diligence and bring the unwary and gullible into situations they're not prepared for.

I have been to Alaska; and I had an idea what I was getting into. I didn't get a toehold; but I KNEW...you only got one strike. You missed, it would be costly, and maybe in more than money.

Not about making $$$$$, more of a lifestyle article I came across. Thought it was neat so..............

21-year-old spent $300 to start his sticker side hustle—now it brings in up to $38,000 a day: I was ‘unprepared’ to go viral​

When Jayson Siu’s car accessories side hustle first went viral, he was completely “unprepared.”

It was October 2021, and a TikTok video about one of his products — an LED-lined rearview mirror — started racking up views. They turned into sales: $12,000 in a single day, Siu tells CNBC Make It.

Siu, then a freshman at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, ran to Office Depot and stayed for hours, printing then cutting labels by hand to fulfill the orders. A year later, another of his videos — one featuring an LED-backed light-up sticker — went viral, with more than 9 million views and counting.

Invalid.jp brought in $38,000 in revenue over the next 24 hours, says Siu.

More:

CJ.........I'm a retired mechanic. Understand your position on cars very well. Don't blame you one bit for buying what you did. The cost of cars now-a-days is a bit crazy.

I had 2 Gran Marquis, a 2002 and a 2006. Both in great shape. Traded the 02 in on a Subaru Crosstrek at the end of July. Wanted something new and I drove my gf's Crosstrek and liked it. Will keep the 06 for a while as a second. When I get rid of it, I'll get something much more economical and smaller.

Have lived as a minimalist for a long time. Everything I own is paid for. And that's a great feeling. I did get very lucky a few times and will not discount that, but I always asked myself "is this a want or a need" before I made a major purchase. I also like to wait a while before any major purchase to see if the desire to buy goes away and if I can find it cheaper. Works for me.

We've had a 2012 Outback for some time. It's a bit different but drives well. Wife has hit like 3 deer and then got rear-ended in the thing so it's nearing the end of its time. However, we aren't near a dealership and I can't say I pay the best of attention to the freaking maintenance schedules. It started making a slow road noise that would just get louder over time. Though maybe tires for a time or wheel issues. Nope, eventually drive her car again and it keeps getting louder. Had the shop change the transmission fluid with next oil change. No difference.

Went looksing and realized the things have front and rear differential fluids that should be changed as well. Oops, well got those refilled and yes, the noise decreased but its got a good vibration to it now. She just whined the whole time saying it just sounds like a car... :rolleyes:

Making $210K Working At A Hospital — Without Med School | Millennial Money​

Oct 31, 2023

8:13

Growing up working on her parents' farm in upstate New York, Chabely Rodriguez always wanted more for herself. She wanted to go into medicine but was concerned of the high costs of medical school. Then she learned about becoming an anesthesiologist assistant, which only requires a master's degree. She's now making more than $200,000 a year in the profession and has paid off all her student loans. She hopes to work fewer hours in the next few years and devote more time to traveling the world.

Right off, the summary uses all the buzz words. And she's got all the boxes checked. Type F - check. Foreign name (first name sounds Arab, the Rodriguez is obvious) - check.

Dark hue, black Obamalips - check.

Wanted to "get into medicine" - check. Parents owned a New York farm - knowing how land sells in New York State, if the parents owned the farm, not renting it, they weren't poor. But she was too good to milk cows.

So, goes to COLLEGE (check-check; college is for EVERYONE, just ask any Gender Studies graduate now teaching your kids) and gets a MASTERS, for what is basically a technician job. I wonder how long ago they only needed a high school diploma and an apprenticeship period.

Now she wants to TRAVEL. Oh, Judas Priest. Twenty years ago, yeah, maybe. Now, with the whole world melting down into some Palestinian-African never-ending Hell...I've seen it. Seen it in Los Angeles, seen it in Milwaukee, seen it in Portland, and see it now even in the Five Valleys of Montana. Yeah, it's spilling over here.

I've realized that travel isn't going to be a fun thing for the rest of my life. Nor hers. And she's of a melanin-enhanced race, in an age where the melanin-enhanced types are destroying, killing, looting, and pushing Caucazoids to where they're gonna lash back.

Any place she might want to see, that's not full of dried schitt and druggies' bodies...places with CULTURE...are gonna look at her and pull out weapons.

So...no, I don't believe a word of that stereotyped vignette. It's CNBC pushing their toxic educrat propaganda, for the gullible.

I post some of this guy's videos in the sailing and maritime thread. Neat life style.

Living On A Sailboat For $1,900/Month | Unlocked​

Nov 12, 2023

12:26

Brian Trautman, 47, lives aboard a 53-foot sailboat with his wife and daughter. He purchased the 3-cabin, 2-bathroom boat in 2008 for $398,000. and spends $1,900/month on boat insurance, maintenance, fuel and utilities.

Check out Brian's channel here:https://www.youtube.com/@svdelos

Unlocked is a home tour series focused on how much people across the globe spend on their housing, what they get for the money and what they had to sacrifice to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom