Trump Indictments (NY, GA, Jan 6, etc.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Judge delivers double trouble in hush money hearing after Trump declares 'we want delays'​

New York State Supreme Court acting Justice Juan Merchan, in a double blow to Donald Trump, has denied his motion to dismiss just before setting a trial date in District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s hush money case against the ex-president. Trump’s first criminal trial will begin with jury selection on March 25, Merchan announced Thursday morning at the start of the hearing.

There was commotion in the courtroom, as Trump’s attorney Todd Blanche objected to Justice Merchan’s decisions.

“Blanche is furiously opposing the judge’s adherence to the trial date, saying the court is putting his client in an ‘impossible situation,'” Just Security’s Adam Klasfeld reports.

“You don’t have a trial date in Georgia. You don’t have a trial date in Florida,” Merchan told Blanche, before rebuffing Trump’s attorney.

“After Blanche tries to get a word in, Merchan snaps that he shouldn’t interrupt,” Klasfeld noted.

More:

Donald Trump assures media 'there's no crime' in hush-money trial​

Donald Trump’s New York criminal trial on charges he concealed payoffs to alleged lovers to hide sex scandals from voters in the lead up to the 2016 election will begin on March 25, a judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Juan Manuel Merchan said that jury selection in the estimated six-week-long fudging business records case — the first of Trump’s four criminal cases to head to trial — will begin smack in the middle of Republican primary season.

Merchan issued his ruling despite protests from Trump’s lawyer Todd Blanche — who claimed going to trial in March would be a “great injustice” — and from the former president himself, who complained in the courthouse’s hallway that the case was “election interference.”

“Enjoy it. It’s a sad day. It’s a sad day for New York,” Trump said.

Read more at https://nypost.com/2024/02/15/us-news...

1:24

Funi Willis is on the witness stand today, not taking any shit from Trump lawyer. Making mincemeat outta her. lol

It's a quote lady.

What an annoying site. Nothing but large photos and a partial sentence below them. I guess they have to cater to their audience with the IQ around room temp.

Judge set to rule in Trump's $370 million civil fraud case​

Feb 16 (Reuters) - A New York state judge is expected to rule on Friday in a $370 million civil fraud case against former U.S. President Donald Trump, who is accused of inflating his net worth to dupe bankers into giving him better loan terms.

Justice Arthur Engoron's ruling could deal a major blow to Trump's real estate empire as the businessman turned politician seeks the Republican nomination to challenge Democratic President Joe Biden in the Nov. 5 U.S. election.

The lawsuit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James accused Trump and his family businesses of overstating his net worth by as much $3.6 billion a year over a decade. Trump has denied wrongdoing and called the case a political vendetta by James, an elected Democrat.

In addition to monetary penalties, James is seeking to permanently ban Trump from New York's real estate industry and sharply limit his ability to do business in the state. She is also seeking five-year industry bans for Trump's two adult sons, Don Jr. And Eric, who are also defendants in the case.

More:

It's a quote lady.

What an annoying site. Nothing but large photos and a partial sentence below them. I guess they have to cater to their audience with the IQ around room temp.

She goes back on the stand today. Toss up how the trial is going. Maybe disqualify her for propriety :dontknow:

The thing is, if she would act in this manner in such a high profile case with scrutiny from all sides, wtf would she be willing to do when it's just ordinary people in the defendant's seat and hardly anyone is looking at her actions?

You can safely bet that there has been lots of mis-justice going on in her office.

Edited to add: whatever happened to the idea that people in positions such as hers are to avoid even the appearance of impropriety? That's certainly been thrown out da window. Lol
....but orange man bad, right? So anything goes in the efforts of the TDS sufferers to 'get him"? Lol

Last edited:
Seems Fani Willis will not be on the stand today. Her father is on right now. Well-spoken fellow, interesting answers to all questions. Totally different than yesterday. Actually enjoying the show.

Expecting Judge Engoron's ruling sometime today in the NY fraud trial.

New York judge orders Donald Trump to pay $354 million in real estate fraud lawsuit​

A New York judge ordered Donald Trump, his namesake company and two of his sons to pay nearly $364 million in damages and barred them from conducting business in the state after committing rampant fraud in over-valuing his real estate empire.

Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron had already ordered the business halted by ruling that the Republican presidential frontrunner committed fraud from 2011 through 2021 through "pure sophistry" and a "fantasy world" of real-estate valuations that "can only be considered fraud." But an appeals court put the order on hold while Engoron presided over a fall trial to determine damages.

"In order to borrow more and at lower rates, defendants submitted blatantly false financial data to the accountants, resulting in fraudulent financial statements," Engoron said in his 92-page ruling Friday. "When confronted at trial with the statements, defendants’ fact and expert witnesses simply denied reality, and defendants failed to accept responsibility or to impose internal controls to prevent future recurrences."

He found Trump and his Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust liable for $354 million, his sons Eric and Donald Trump Jr. liable for $4 million each and former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg for $1 million. Engoron also barred Trump from doing business in New York State for three years.

The civil case marks an enormous financial blow to the former president, whose namesake buildings dot the globe, and a major victory for state Attorney General Letitia James, who filed the lawsuit.

Trump still faces a handful of cases this year while campaigning again for the White House. On Jan. 26, a civil federal jury ordered Trump to pay $83 million to writer E. Jean Carroll for defamation. And he has pleaded not guilty in an unprecedented four criminal cases: a federal election interference trial pending in Washington, a federal trial alleging he mishandled classified documents, an election racketeering trial in Georgia and a trial about falsifying business records in New York.

More:

Judge orders Trump to pay $355 million in civil fraud trial​

Feb 16, 2024

A judge has ordered former President Donald Trump and his companies to pay $355 million in a ruling in the New York civil fraud case. The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years. Trump's attorney said he plans to appeal the decision.

10:14

So, yeah. About this document.I trust everyone understands the enormity of what this confirms in no uncertain terms.

A little over two months BEFORE his 2016 election victory, President Obama straight up asked GCHQ (the UK's intelligence, security & cyber agency) to open an operation to spy on DJT.

Many of us have known this for years, but the confirmation changes all the math because it's not speculation, not anymore.

With nearly two months left as a dead-beat President and just before DJT's inauguration in Jan 2017, Barack leveraged the expertise of one of the finest intel organizations in the world to side-step the Donald's Consitution rights, and target him for surveillance.

While he was running for president mind you.

This is nothing short of a legitimately jaw-dropping development, folks. But make no mistake, the confirmation feels good, man.

^^^^ the TDSers won't care. They see violation of Rights as completely justified in order to protect "their" demonocracy.

Mostly a talking point. Don't know how true it is. DYODD

Supreme Court HOLDS SECRET MEETING on Trump Criminal Case​

Feb 17, 2024

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas and Talking Feds host Harry Litman discuss how the Supreme Court likely met in secret on Friday to decide on Donald Trump’s stay application after the DC Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Trump’s absolute immunity claim.

14:55

New York judge orders Donald Trump to pay $354 million in real estate fraud lawsuit​

A New York judge ordered Donald Trump, his namesake company and two of his sons to pay nearly $364 million in damages and barred them from conducting business in the state after committing rampant fraud in over-valuing his real estate empire.

Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron had already ordered the business halted by ruling that the Republican presidential frontrunner committed fraud from 2011 through 2021 through "pure sophistry" and a "fantasy world" of real-estate valuations that "can only be considered fraud." But an appeals court put the order on hold while Engoron presided over a fall trial to determine damages.

"In order to borrow more and at lower rates, defendants submitted blatantly false financial data to the accountants, resulting in fraudulent financial statements," Engoron said in his 92-page ruling Friday. "When confronted at trial with the statements, defendants’ fact and expert witnesses simply denied reality, and defendants failed to accept responsibility or to impose internal controls to prevent future recurrences."

He found Trump and his Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust liable for $354 million, his sons Eric and Donald Trump Jr. liable for $4 million each and former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg for $1 million. Engoron also barred Trump from doing business in New York State for three years.

The civil case marks an enormous financial blow to the former president, whose namesake buildings dot the globe, and a major victory for state Attorney General Letitia James, who filed the lawsuit.

Trump still faces a handful of cases this year while campaigning again for the White House. On Jan. 26, a civil federal jury ordered Trump to pay $83 million to writer E. Jean Carroll for defamation. And he has pleaded not guilty in an unprecedented four criminal cases: a federal election interference trial pending in Washington, a federal trial alleging he mishandled classified documents, an election racketeering trial in Georgia and a trial about falsifying business records in New York.

More:

One insane arsehole has completely destroyed NYC and New York state. Nice job.

One insane arsehole has completely destroyed NYC and New York state. Nice job.

He's got a criminal trial coming up in NY next month.

I don't know what the possible consequences could be if he's found guilty but it is a criminal trial so they could be serious. Have to wait and see how things play out.

In my opinion the smart thing to do would be to come to some kind of a plea agreement. Then again, that's just me.

I don't know what the possible consequences could be if he's found guilty but it is a criminal trial so they could be serious. Have to wait and see how things play out.

In my opinion the smart thing to do would be to come to some kind of a plea agreement. Then again, that's just me.
LOL

Let me guess... they're making shit up again?

Meanwhile you have crap like this happening with NO consequences!

LEAKED ALL HANDS CALL: PR Firm celebrates efforts to remove Trump from Colorado ballot​

"Let's Save Democracy." Project Veritas has obtained a leaked February 9th, 2024 company call from within NYC PR firm, Berlin Rosen, as they celebrate their efforts to “recast the narrative” on behalf of client CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) – as it pursues a controversial legal effort to remove Republican front runner, Donald Trump, from the presidential ballot in Colorado.

CREW found the plaintiffs who brought the current case in Colorado and funded the lawsuit. In recent weeks, CREW hired Berlin Rosen, progressive PR machine, to reframe their work in the minds of the courts and the American public in the weeks leading up to its February 8th oral arguments before the Supreme Court.

Thanks to a brave insider, the public can now witness the innerworkings of the progressive machine that combines legal strategy, powerful donors, social media campaigns, and wealthy PR firms who attempt to convince the public, and themselves, that their work to keep Donald Trump off the ballot is saving democracy.
6m

Meanwhile you have crap like this happening with NO consequences!
Let's Save Democracy." Project Veritas has obtained.....
Oh I'm sure they try giving PV some consequences for exposing their deceit.

I keep hearing about this truckers boycott on loads to/from NYC.

Is it really happening?

What needs to happen, is a boycott on buying/selling or otherwise doing business of any type wirh anyone/anything in the whole State of New York.

I heard a report that said Trump is being made to put up the full amount of the "judgement" in order to be able to appeal. Anyone else has only ever had to put up ten percent in order to file an appeal.

Even the TDSers should be able to see the unfairness in all this.
.....and I realize that they cheer it on, but they should at least be honest enough to admit what's going on. Otherwise, their clearly more communist than American. After all, they believe as Stalin did. Ie: they are ok with his attitude of, "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime".

This is HYSTERICAL, I'm hearing that big money has totally lost faith in NY and investment has fallen off a cliff due to the insane persecution of Trump. The IDIOTS have probably started an exodus that will cost NYC a FORTUNE over time. There is no putting the gene back in the bottle, they have all stepped back and realised they are as "guilty" as Trump, so if and when the State needs money they have precedent to go after them. I hear that more money now runs out of Florida than NYC. These assholes are turning NYC into Detroit!

The IDIOTS have probably started an exodus that will cost NYC a FORTUNE over time
We can only hope.

Then we need it to spread to all blue States. Fuck 'em. Don't do business with ANY of 'em. Hopefully it'll lead to massive business failures.

We can only hope.

Then we need it to spread to all blue States. Fuck 'em. Don't do business with ANY of 'em. Hopefully it'll lead to massive business failures.

They are putting political risk into domestic decision-making, just like the miners do! Market forces will be market forces, these IGNORANT muthas are playing with fire for a PETTY vendetta. Damn I am gonna get a good laugh if this trend picks up across the nation.

This one is an opinion piece from Salon

Hitting Trump's pockets is only the first step​

You won’t like Donald Trump when he gets angry – and right now he is very, very angry. If you were fined the equivalent of more than 400 million dollars for business fraud and other financial crimes, as Trump was by a New York judge on Friday, you would be very angry too.

On his Truth Social disinformation platform, Trump has been raging, claiming that he is a victim of a “witch hunt” by anti-white “racists” who want to destroy him and by extension his MAGA people.

Trump will need much more money from his followers to pay off this mountain of fines, penalties, and legal fees. “[He's] looking at financial ruin and losing the family empire his father built because he’s an inept businessman whose ego is bigger than his ability," Rick Wilson, co-founder of the pro-democracy group The Lincoln Project, told me via email, neatly summarize Trump's new reality. "Now he needs to find hundreds of millions of dollars just weeks before he starts his criminal trial where he faces real prison time. Trump’s totally exposed, and he knows it.”

To that point, on Friday, Trump sent out a fundraising email announcing that he will be “addressing the nation!” via a special “President Trump Emergency Broadcast”.

STAND WITH TRUMP

#1 They want to destroy me.

#2 They want me LOCKED AWAY.

#3 THEY WANT ME ERASED FROM EXISTENCE!

After today’s sham ruling by a Democrat judge, the radical left thinks they scored a victory.

They think they can celebrate, but after they see how STRONG you react today, they’ll regret EVER coming after us.

Right here, right now, we need the biggest response in HISTORY!

Before the day is over, I’m calling on ONE MILLION PRO-TRUMP Patriots to chip in and say, I STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Only your action at this moment will leave them reeling.

Only YOU could show them just how big of a mistake they just made.

Please, PLEASE stand with me today.

WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Here, Trump, the master propagandist and political cult leader, conflates his being punished for breaking the law with an attack on his followers. As a dictator in waiting and de facto political crime boss whom his followers love precisely because he will be an instrument or tool for their revenge, rage, retribution, and acts of destruction against those they deem to be “the enemy," Trump is continuing to threaten anybody who believes in the rule of law and democracy.

More:

Kevin O'Leary: Trump judgment left investors asking 'who's next?'​

Feb 20, 2024
CNN's Laura Coates speaks with Kevin O'Leary, "Shark Tank" judge and Chairman of O'Leary Ventures, about the $355 million judgment against former President Donald Trump.

9:18

a dictator in waiting
That's the dumbest thing in the article. Especially coming from those who suck the dick of the guy who is famous for issuing mandates ordering people to do stuff they might not want to do.
.....and doing so after lying in the campaign that he wouldn't do that.

For those among us who clearly do not even understand the definition of the word dictator, dictators are the ones who issue mandates ordering people around.
.....and that's what Joe did, not Trump.

This one is an opinion piece from Salon

Hitting Trump's pockets is only the first step​

You won’t like Donald Trump when he gets angry – and right now he is very, very angry. If you were fined the equivalent of more than 400 million dollars for business fraud and other financial crimes, as Trump was by a New York judge on Friday, you would be very angry too.

On his Truth Social disinformation platform, Trump has been raging, claiming that he is a victim of a “witch hunt” by anti-white “racists” who want to destroy him and by extension his MAGA people.

Trump will need much more money from his followers to pay off this mountain of fines, penalties, and legal fees. “[He's] looking at financial ruin and losing the family empire his father built because he’s an inept businessman whose ego is bigger than his ability," Rick Wilson, co-founder of the pro-democracy group The Lincoln Project, told me via email, neatly summarize Trump's new reality. "Now he needs to find hundreds of millions of dollars just weeks before he starts his criminal trial where he faces real prison time. Trump’s totally exposed, and he knows it.”

To that point, on Friday, Trump sent out a fundraising email announcing that he will be “addressing the nation!” via a special “President Trump Emergency Broadcast”.

STAND WITH TRUMP

#1 They want to destroy me.

#2 They want me LOCKED AWAY.

#3 THEY WANT ME ERASED FROM EXISTENCE!

After today’s sham ruling by a Democrat judge, the radical left thinks they scored a victory.

They think they can celebrate, but after they see how STRONG you react today, they’ll regret EVER coming after us.

Right here, right now, we need the biggest response in HISTORY!

Before the day is over, I’m calling on ONE MILLION PRO-TRUMP Patriots to chip in and say, I STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Only your action at this moment will leave them reeling.

Only YOU could show them just how big of a mistake they just made.

Please, PLEASE stand with me today.

WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Here, Trump, the master propagandist and political cult leader, conflates his being punished for breaking the law with an attack on his followers. As a dictator in waiting and de facto political crime boss whom his followers love precisely because he will be an instrument or tool for their revenge, rage, retribution, and acts of destruction against those they deem to be “the enemy," Trump is continuing to threaten anybody who believes in the rule of law and democracy.

More:

Why Trump.... cause he's special... what makes him special?

How many hungry locals are gonna show up at the idiot in the Robe's place by the end of the week?

Why Trump.... cause he's special... what makes him special?

How many hungry locals are gonna show up at the idiot in the Robe's place by the end of the week?

Watched a few minutes of the vid. Won't amount to much, if anything at all. Posted a couple of things in the lunatic political comments thread so I don't want to repost here.

Big trucking companies won't tolerate drivers refusing loads due to political views. The IBT won't back members who could be fired for something like this. No mention of this on their website.

Here's a couple of links if you're interested.

Big trucking companies won't tolerate drivers refusing loads due to political views
So why they gotta say they are refusing a particular load due to political views?

Can't they just refuse without saying why?

Anyone here ever been a truck driver? If so, how does load refusal work?

Big trucking companies won't tolerate drivers refusing loads due to political views.

Given the shortage of drivers and the average driver's political view, they will be forced to support them. These drivers know that they can write off any given company in a month or so if they want a fight.

Get real, look, analyse, take the lefty goggles off.

They can declare Force majeure on any contract to get out of obligations. They will take the path of least resistance.

Back
Top Bottom