Trump Indictments (NY, GA, Jan 6, etc.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

EXPLOSIVE EVIDENCE! Ashleigh Merchant Testifies in Georgia Investigation Into Fani Willis! Viva Frei​

29m

Trump's scramble to pay off legal costs could set off existing loan defaults: analyst​

Adding to Donald Trump's cash crunch woes as he scrambles to find cash to cover the half billion dollars he owes in civil damages is the specter of throwing his existing loans into default.

In an analysis into the multiple paths the former president could take to pay what he owes, the Atlantic's David Graham claimed Trump is hemmed in by a myriad of financial complications — with the clock ticking and interest piling up.

He's also facing the potential for asset forfeiture or a fire sale of his business empire if he can't find the money.

Trump owes $454 million — and interest that's being added every day — after he was found liable of fraud by inflating his property values to secure favorable loans and interest. He has to pay that before he can even start to appeal the ruling.

More:

Trump denied stay on E. Jean Carroll verdict — judge cites 'his own dilatory actions'​

Former President Donald Trump has lost his bid to get another extension on having to pay the judgment in the E. Jean Carroll verdict.

According to Politico's Kyle Cheney, Judge Lewis Kaplan has stated that Trump only has himself to blame for his current financial difficulty in paying the damages he owes to Carroll.

"Mr. Trump's current situation is a result of his own dilatory actions," he wrote in his order. "He has had since January 26 to organize his finances with the knowledge that he might need to bond his judgment, yet he waited until 25 days after the jury verdict — and only shortly before the expiration of Rule 62's automatic 30-day stay of any judgment — to file his prior motion for an unsecured or partially secured stay pending resolution of post-trial motions."

More:

Special counsel: Trump’s ‘deception’ on classified docs distinguishes him from Biden, Clinton and Pence​

The new filing from Jack Smith responded to Trump’s contention that he has been unfairly singled out for prosecution.

Donald Trump’s efforts to thwart a federal investigation into his hoarding of national security secrets set him apart from other political figures who’ve faced allegations of mishandling classified information, including President Joe Biden, Hillary and Bill Clinton, Mike Pence and James Comey, special counsel Jack Smith said in a court filing Thursday.

Rather than serve as evidence that Trump is being singled out by politically motivated prosecutors, Smith contends that the long list of figures — most of whom never faced any charges — underscores the egregiousness of Trump’s conduct, which was “aggravated” by his months-long refusal to return the documents.

“While each of them, to varying degrees, bears a slight resemblance to this case … none is alleged to have willfully retained a vast trove of highly sensitive, confidential materials and repeatedly sought to thwart their lawful return and engaged in a multi-faceted scheme of deception and obstruction,” prosecutors argued in a 29-page brief. “There is no one who is similarly situated.”

Smith painted Trump as a notorious exception to the rule in an effort to rebut arguments from the former president’s lawyers that he’s being unfairly singled out for prosecution in the pending criminal case in Florida that threatens to disrupt Trump’s bid to return to the White House.

More:

Trump denied stay on E. Jean Carroll verdict — judge cites 'his own dilatory actions'​

Former President Donald Trump has lost his bid to get another extension on having to pay the judgment in the E. Jean Carroll verdict.

According to Politico's Kyle Cheney, Judge Lewis Kaplan has stated that Trump only has himself to blame for his current financial difficulty in paying the damages he owes to Carroll.

"Mr. Trump's current situation is a result of his own dilatory actions," he wrote in his order. "He has had since January 26 to organize his finances with the knowledge that he might need to bond his judgment, yet he waited until 25 days after the jury verdict — and only shortly before the expiration of Rule 62's automatic 30-day stay of any judgment — to file his prior motion for an unsecured or partially secured stay pending resolution of post-trial motions."

More:

More:

Judge FINALLY Hits Trump with DEVASTATING ORDER on Bond​

Mar 7, 2024

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on the breaking news that federal judge Lewis Kaplan denied Donald Trump’s last ditch effort to delay posting a bond in the E Jean Carroll case where a jury found Trump liable. Trump is out of time to post is $83.3 million bond.

6:33

TODAY'S UP TO THE MINUTE POLITICAL NEWS UPDATE​

2m

'Matter of national security': Mysterious entity that guaranteed Trump’s $91M bond questioned​

After US District Judge Lewis F. Kaplan denied his petition for a stay, former President Donald Trump finally posted a $91.6 million bond for his appeal of writer E. Jean Carroll's judgment on Friday.

That $91.63 million includes the full $83.3 million judgment, along with a 9% statutory interest the State of New York tacks onto surety bonds. That money has been set aside in a court-managed account to be paid to Carroll in the event Trump loses his appeal. The ex-president's bond was guaranteed by the Federal Insurance Company — a New York-based subsidiary of the company Chubb Group LLC, which is headquartered in Switzerland. In 2018, Chubb CEO Evan Greenberg served on a trade advisory committee in the Trump White House. The Washington Post reported that "it was not clear from court records what collateral Trump presented to obtain the bond from Chubb."

The environmental nonprofit group Rainforest Action Network (RAN) noted on its website that Chubb does business around the world, including with several major American adversaries. The group pointed out that Chubb is "insuring oil and gas extraction and transport in Russia, fueling Russia’s war on Ukraine."

More:

Exclusive: ‘Trump Employee 5,’ who unknowingly helped move classified documents, speaks to CNN​

Mar 11, 2024
A longtime Mar-a-Lago employee who is a central witness in the investigation into former President Donald Trump's handling of classified documents is now speaking publicly because he believes that voters should hear the truth about his former boss and the case before the November election. 26 mins long.

Been thinking about this for a while. Looking for an off ramp. Blame it on someone else.

Trump Makes DAMNING ADMISSION in Criminal Court​

Mar 13, 2024

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on Donald Trump’s latest filing in the Manhattan DA criminal case.

10:19

Judge dismisses several counts against Trump in Georgia election criminal case, others still remain​

• A judge dismissed six counts in the Georgia criminal election interference case against former President Donald Trump and five other defendants.
  • But other criminal counts against Trump and the defendants remain after the order by Judge Scott McAfee.
  • The counts related to efforts by the defendants to get members of Georgia’s legislature and the secretary of state to delegitimize the election victory of President Joe Biden over Trump in the state’s 2020 contest.
More:

Live with Trump Co-Defendant Jeff Clark's Attorney - Fani Willis, Georgia & BEYOND! Viva Frei​

44m

I bet that bums ya out. lol

OK Joe, you know that I don't like the guy. But that's OK because I don't let that bother me. If I was in the same boat as he is, I would try my utmost to put everything off as long as I can, and then to have my attorneys go all out to get everything dropped.

He's not doing anything different than anyone else would do if they were in his position and had his resources.

As far as the Georgia case is concerned, if it's dropped.........it's dropped. And it kinda looks like things are heading in that direction.

OK Joe, you know that I don't like the guy.
Wow, really? I'd have never guessed. lol

If I was in the same boat as he is, I would try my utmost to put everything off as long as I can, and then to have my attorneys go all out to get everything dropped.
Sama as anyone would.

He's not doing anything different than anyone else would do if they were in his position and had his resources.
Exactly, but listening to the pundits on the dem side, they think he's cheating Justice if he does that.

As far as the Georgia case is concerned, if it's dropped.........it's dropped. And it kinda looks like things are heading in that direction.
Well shouldn't it be? Have you been paying attention to the Fani BS? She's as corrupt as the year is long.

Two things:

- The hush money trial may be put off for a month or two due to evidence dispute. From what I've heard the DOJ may have screwed up with paper work and giving Trump some of the stuff he was entitled to.

- Aileen Cannon Denies Trump's Motion to Dismiss

Donald Trump's favorite Judge Aileen Cannon dealt him a blow today by denying his Motion to Dismiss his indictment in the classified documents case on the grounds that the statute he was being prosecuted for was unconstitutionally vague. The court denied the motion "without prejudice," stating that she will allow him to reargue this motion during trial once all the evidence has been presented.

Trump actually attended the hearing today, and the swiftness of the denial by Judge Cannon was somewhat unexpected.

More:

- The hush money trial may be put off for a month or two due to evidence dispute. From what I've heard the DOJ may have screwed up with paper work and giving Trump some of the stuff he was entitled to.
A dem/TDS DOJ withholding evidence?!?!? Isn't that standard operating procedure for them?

A dem/TDS DOJ withholding evidence?!?!? Isn't that standard operating procedure for them?

Beats me. This one took the DA by surprise. He may be open to kicking this can down the road as far as Trump wants to kick it down. And if some of the paperwork paints his witnesses (one is Michael Cohen) in a bad light, the case might go away.

In the docs case the judge really didn't rule against Trump, she actually opened up the possibility of him filing the same thing again at a later date.

I think the judge in the Georgia case will give his ruling on Fani Willis today. That'll be interesting. If Willis is out, I believe the case will be dropped.

I think the judge in the Georgia case will give his ruling on Fani Willis today. That'll be interesting. If Willis is out, I believe the case will be dropped.

So here's the judgement:

ATLANTA — A Georgia judge ruled Friday that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis should not be disqualified from prosecuting the racketeering case against former President Donald Trump and several co-defendantswith one major condition.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee found the "appearance of impropriety" brought about by Willis' romantic relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade should result in either Willis and her office leaving the case or just Wade, who she'd appointed to head the case.

The choice is likely to be an easy one: If Willis were to remove herself, the case would come to a halt, but having Wade leave will ensure the case continues without further delay.

More:

Fani Willis Ruling Post Mortem - 4D Chess or Judicial Cowardice? Trump Updates & FAKE NEWS!​

Trump can't secure $454 million appeal bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say​

• Donald Trump cannot fully secure his $454 million civil business fraud judgment, his attorneys said in a court filing.
  • The lawyers for Trump and his co-defendants in the New York fraud case made that argument as they asked a appeals court in the state to pause the judgment from coming due.
  • The defense lawyers said they have approached roughly 30 surety companies through four separate brokers.
Donald Trump cannot obtain a bond to secure the $454 million civil business fraud judgment against him as he pursues an appeal of the case, his attorneys said in a New York court filing Monday.

Attorneys for Trump and his co-defendants in the fraud case argued that it was "impossible" for them to secure a complete appeal bond, which would "effectively" require "cash reserves approaching $1 billion."

More:

Trump aside, this NY case is troubling for many reasons. Anyone who ever had a mortgage is now at risk of being bankrupted. Every builder, investor or even homeowner is now at risk. I would assume the appraisers are also at risk. What happens now with real estate taxes? Should everyone be given a lower tax bill because the state inflates the values of properties?
It's absolutely insane that someone who is paying or has already paid off their debts is being sued for fraud. Whats next, can people now be sued because they sold a house that was appraised to high? What about all those houses that got listed and then the bids went above asking price? Can the buyers now sue? Where does this stupidity end?

Trump aside, this NY case is troubling for many reasons. Anyone who ever had a mortgage is now at risk of being bankrupted. Every builder, investor or even homeowner is now at risk. I would assume the appraisers are also at risk. What happens now with real estate taxes? Should everyone be given a lower tax bill because the state inflates the values of properties?
It's absolutely insane that someone who is paying or has already paid off their debts is being sued for fraud. Whats next, can people now be sued because they sold a house that was appraised to high? What about all those houses that got listed and then the bids went above asking price? Can the buyers now sue? Where does this stupidity end?

Shhh, don't bring facts and common sense round these parts. Communists love destroying societies. Cause they dumb.

It's absolutely insane that someone who is paying or has already paid off their debts is being sued for fraud.
Especially when no one reported being a victim of his supposed fraud.

Investigations by gov into someones affairs are supposed to be initiated by a victim coming forward and claiming to have been the victim of some action by another.

That didn't happen in this case.

So either the gov has gone on a fishing expedition looking for something/anything to use against Trump specifically, or the government in NY is going over loan applications enmass looking for anyone who over valued their properties and just happened to find what they think is evidence of him having done so, and out of mere coincidence it comes during an election.

The gov'ner says that no one else need worry about this happening to them, so it sounds as though they are not pouring over mountains of old loan applications looking for violations.

So if that's true, that leaves the question of, how did they uncover this "crime" of Trump's if no victims complained and old loan applications aren't being examined?

Could it be as simple as them mis-using their power to target an individual they don't like?

@searcher , in light of what I've just posted, here's a question for you.

Anyone else feel free to answer too.

If someone robs you or otherwise damages you or your property, and you fail to complain or file a police report about it, and instead sit quiet about it, would you expect your local DA/police to spend tons of time and money investigating and prosecuting on your behalf? Especially when after they start, you still refuse to claim to have been a victim in any way shape or form?

Where/when does stuff like that happen? Especially in a city where the cops won't even go to an actual crime scene unless someone is being killed, because they ain't got the time for that shit.
....yet they want us to believe that they had time to examine old loan applications and just happened to find something wrong with one having Trump's Signature on it Yea, right! Only ones believing that load of crap are the ones that got brainwashed 8 years ago to hate the man.

Where does this stupidity end?
When it comes to the TDS'ers, never.

Last edited:
If someone robs you or otherwise damages you or your property, and you fail to complain or file a police report about it, and instead sit quiet about it, would you expect your local DA/police to spend tons of time and money investigating and prosecuting on your behalf? Especially when after they start, you still refuse to claim to have been a victim in any way shape or form?

Where I live, you'd have to call the cops, report what happened, they would investigate and if it was serious enough file charges against the perpetrator or depending upon the evidence, they would forward their findings to the DA.

Where/when does stuff like that happen? Especially in a city where the cops won't even go to an actual crime scene unless someone is being killed, because they ain't got the time for that shit.
....yet they want us to believe that they had time to examine old loan applications and just happened to find something wrong with one having Trump's Signature on it Yea, right! Only ones believing that load of crap are the ones that got brainwashed 8 years ago to hate the man.

The only reply I have for this is: I don't think Trump would have been charged with all the stuff he's charged with had he left office the way every president before him left office. I honestly believe he brought all these legal problems upon himself with Jan 6th and all the madness he's furthered since then.

He could have left office like all his predecessors and "lived to fight another day" so to speak. He didn't and now he's paying a price.

jm2c

The only reply I have for this is: I don't think Trump would have been charged with all the stuff he's charged with had he left office the way every president before him left office. I honestly believe he brought all these legal problems upon himself with Jan 6th and all the madness he's furthered since then.
So you agree that it's all political retribution. Cool!

So when Trump wins, he can do it back to the ones who drew first blood by doing it to him to begin with.

Glad we got that settled!

He could have left office like all his predecessors and "lived to fight another day" so to speak. He didn't and now he's paying a price.
Or, the allegations and evidence of cheating could been looked at objectively and with vigor, but that wasn't allowed to happen. We were told that people dropping thousands of ballots in multiple drop boxes is perfectly normal. That stopping the count in 5 different swing States at the same time and sending everyone home except for a select few who were allowed to stay behind to keep counting, is perfectly normal. That it's perfectly normal for certain locations to have more votes cast than there are registered voters. That it's normal to receive unfolded mail-in ballots inside of envelopes supposedly mailed by voters. There's tons more, but none of it was ever investigated. They just declared no widespread voter fraud, and called it good. Bottom line, no one with power to do anything about it wanted the heat they'd surely have received from the loony left had they taken a legitimate look at it.

So when Trump wins, he can do it back to the ones who drew first blood by doing it to him to begin with.

No clue how any of this will play out. The NY trial has been put pack at least a month. Here's an update on that:

The Jan 6th trial and the docs case are both on hold pending the outcome of the immunity claim before the black robed ones.

As for the Georgia case..........who knows????????? Is it on? Is it off? Or will it kinda die away?

We'll just have to wait and see.

No clue how any of this will play out.
Me neither. I was asking if you think it'd be ok if when Trump wins, it'd be ok if uses political retribution against those who did it to him, first. That should be ok, right? Turnabout is fair play, yes?

Me neither. I was asking if you think it'd be ok if when Trump wins, it'd be ok if uses political retribution against those who did it to him, first. That should be ok, right? Turnabout is fair play, yes?

Normally I'd say yes but let's see how everything plays out with the "when Trump wins" part of this. That part is a long way off.

BTW..............the latest in the docs case has just gotten crazy with the Judge's latest announcement. Once I can confirm that what is being reported is true, I'll post a link. Has something to do with possible jury instructions but it may just be fake news.

BTW..............the latest in the docs case has just gotten crazy with the Judge's latest announcement. Once I can confirm that what is being reported is true, I'll post a link. Has something to do with possible jury instructions but it may just be fake news.

Aileen Cannon Removal Calls Grow Over Latest Filing​

There have been renewed calls for Judge Aileen Cannon to be removed from overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents case following her latest ruling.

Cannon on Monday asked lawyers for Trump and Special Counsel Jack Smith's team to submit "competing scenarios" laying out possible jury instructions prior to deliberations in the trial taking place on the interpretation of a law which forms a key part of the former president's defense.

One of the hypothetical scenarios Cannon was exploring relates to the Presidential Records Act, and whether a president "has sole authority" to categorize records as "personal or presidential" during their time in office.

This argument surrounding the interpretation of the Presidential Records Act is the basis of one of the motions to dismiss brought forward by Trump to throw out the case entirely.

Cannon, who was nominated to the bench by Trump and has faced frequent criticism for her decisions during the classified-documents proceedings, previously expressed skepticism during a motion-to-dismiss hearing concerning whether the act allows presidents to list any document as their personal property. Trump's lawyers claimed it was a valid reason to dismiss the entire case before it reached a jury.

More:

Trump can't secure $454 million appeal bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say​

• Donald Trump cannot fully secure his $454 million civil business fraud judgment, his attorneys said in a court filing.
  • The lawyers for Trump and his co-defendants in the New York fraud case made that argument as they asked a appeals court in the state to pause the judgment from coming due.
  • The defense lawyers said they have approached roughly 30 surety companies through four separate brokers.
Donald Trump cannot obtain a bond to secure the $454 million civil business fraud judgment against him as he pursues an appeal of the case, his attorneys said in a New York court filing Monday.

Attorneys for Trump and his co-defendants in the fraud case argued that it was "impossible" for them to secure a complete appeal bond, which would "effectively" require "cash reserves approaching $1 billion."

More:

Little update:

See what Trump says he may have to do to pay bond​

Mar 19, 2024

Former President Donald Trump suggested he needed to "mortgage or sell great assets" to pay for the bond he must put up to cover the massive judgment in his New York civil fraud case as he appeals. CNN's expert panel discusses.#cnn #news

9:57

Trump SCREWS OVER Alina Habba in SHOCK Settlement​

Mar 19, 2024

Did Trump just hang Alina Habba out to dry? The very first case Alina Habba handled for Trump may be the case that leads to her losing her law license. Michael Popok reports on a new settlement reached that excludes Habba and allows the plaintiff to sue her for fraud when she fake befriended the plaintiff to convince her to not file a suit against Trump, shameful conduct the NJ Bar could use to sanction Habba and pull her law license.

13:37

PANIC-STRICKEN Trump CAUGHT LYING to Court about Bond​

Mar 19, 2024

In the $465 million NY civil fraud case, Trump’s general counsel and main bond witness JUST LIED in a filing Trump made to a NY appellate court to stop the judgment enforcement. Michael Popok, a creditors' rights lawyer in NY, explains how Trump’s main lawyer MISLED the court on Trump’s banking relationships and failed to provide required sworn testimony to have the court stop the enforcement of the judgment without bond.

17:14

This one is basically an opinion piece.

Trump Gets RUDE AWAKENING in Court with UNCLEAN HANDS​

Mar 20, 2024

Trump has UNCLEAN HANDS and that alone should lead the NY appellate court to swiftly DENY HIS REQUEST TO POST NO BOND to avoid the NYAG from selling his assets to collect on the $464 million JUDGMENT. Michael Popok breaks down this powerful LEGAL DOCTRINE and why Trump’s prior bad acts leading to him being GAGGED should also deny him the extraordinary appellate relief he seeks.

13:11

Back
Top Bottom