Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ukraine's military intelligence service claims that it has sunk a Russian missile corvette using suicide drone boats, adding to a growing list of high profile casualties for the Black Sea Fleet.

Security consultancy Ambrey counted as many as six sea drones involved in the attack. According to Ukraine's GUR, the drones successfully and repeatedly targeted the missile corvette Ivanovets as it was operating on Lake Donuzlav, a former enclosed freshwater body that has a narrow opening to the Black Sea.

Ukraine's military intelligence service claims that it has sunk a Russian missile corvette using suicide drone boats, adding to a growing list of high profile casualties for the Black Sea Fleet.

Security consultancy Ambrey counted as many as six sea drones involved in the attack. According to Ukraine's GUR, the drones successfully and repeatedly targeted the missile corvette Ivanovets as it was operating on Lake Donuzlav, a former enclosed freshwater body that has a narrow opening to the Black Sea.

I'll bet the US military were running this operation.

That said, they sunk a ship that fires missiles ship to ship.

That said, the Ukrainian navy will be safer because of it.

I'll bet the US military were running this operation

I think NATO may be running certain operations in Ukraine from remote locations in some cases, and in others there may be boots on the ground. Surprising what the military is capable of doing with satellites & computers today. And spec-ops are capable of all sorts of clandestine operations.

What the U.S.-Supplied GLSDB Could Mean for the War in Ukraine | WSJ Equipped​

Feb 1, 2024

The U.S. is shipping Ground-Launched Small Diameter Bombs to Ukraine, according to a U.S. defense official. The GLSDB is a precision-guided bomb that attaches to a M26 rocket and is considerably cheaper than other long-range missile systems like ATACMS.

While the GLSDBs won’t be Kyiv’s most powerful or longest-range weapon, WSJ explains how they could add significant flexibility and capacity for military operations.

6:36

Ukraine's new strategy to beat Russia in a long war - and why it needs the West's help​

Feb 2, 2024
Russia is burning. Whether it’s oil terminals on the Baltic and Black Seas, factories in far-flung Siberia, or military bases in Crimea, it seems almost every day something bursts into flames in Putin’s back yard.

And Ukraine is thought to be the one behind it.

8:27

Ukraine War Bakery Massacre: 28 Killed In Lysychansk (Special Report)​

The Ukrainian Massacre at a busy bakery in Russian controlled frontline city of Lysychansk, where Ukraine fired a purportedly USA supplied HIMARs Rocket, killed 28 civilians and injured 10 more. One of those killed was The head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the LPR, Alexey Poteleshchenko. This attack took place on Saturday February 3rd. In the Special Report We speak to the Director of the main hospital in Lugansk about what situation the injured are in now, talk to one of the injured, look in on the several injured that are in serious condition, show you the aftermath of the attack including the emergency worker pulling bodies and injured from underneath the rubble and talk to the locals who all say that the area was just a civilian area where no military forces are.
11m

"This is a watershed moment." Norwegian intelligence warns about mounting Russian threats​

“The current security situation is serious. There is a full-scale invasion war ongoing in Europe. We are standing at a crossroads […],” Minister of Defence Bjørn Arild Gram said as Norway’s three main intelligence agencies on Monday presented their annual reports.

“Small states like Norway must manoeuvre with wisdom and take security policy risks into account in decisions made in all sectors,” he underlined.

The press conference in Oslo took place only few days after Gram delivered a keynote speech in the Oslo Military Society where he reiterated Norway’s commitment to support Ukraine’s resistance fight “as long as it takes.”

The press conference was attended also by Justice Minister Emilie Enger Mehl, who underlined that the current situation affects “all parts of society.”

In subsequent presentations, the leaders of Norway’s military intelligence, the Police Security Service (PST) and the Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM) presented reports that all point at Russia as the main threat against the country.

More:

why are these small NATO countries so desparate to see a full on WW3 with Russia ?
They can already see that NATO is getting roundly beaten in Ukraine ( if they stray a small distance from the mainstream media )

Russia is not even using its real high tech stuff and is allowing all those NATO spy drones and satellites to continue their work.

And while many struggle with the idea that Putin might actually be a serious Statesman, some begin to see it .
Russia doesnt want or need territory but it seeks to protect those it considers to be Russian.

NATO describes itself as a defense alliance. Outside the alliance, people see things differently. NATO needs an external enemy, comments the Chinese Global Times. It would be better for Europe to break away from NATO and make peace with Russia.
China's view of the Ukraine conflict is articulated in a commentary in the Beijing-based Global Times. NATO has no plan to end the bloodshed, it says accusingly. Despite Russia's offers for talks, which Putin recently repeated publicly in an interview with Tucker Carlson, NATO is preparing for a years-long confrontation with Russia. The conclusion is that NATO wants a long war.

"You don't have to be a geopolitical expert to judge who is preventing an end to the conflict,"

why are these small NATO countries so desparate to see a full on WW3 with Russia ?
They can already see that NATO is getting roundly beaten in Ukraine ( if they stray a small distance from the mainstream media )
They have no power.

These are vassal states of the US.

All of the EU are vassal states of the US.

Ukraine Capacity Development Fund Launches Operations​

February 13, 2024

Kyiv, Ukraine : The Ukraine Capacity Development Fund (UCDF), a trust fund managed and administered by the IMF, has been formally launched today at an inaugural Steering Committee meeting held in Kyiv. The UCDF will provide substantial resources for the scaling up of technical assistance and training in support of the Ukrainian government’s ambitious economic reform agenda.

More:

Ukraine Situation Report: Battle-Damaged HIMARS Return To United States​

Apair of Ukraine’s prized M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) have returned to the United States, likely for repairs, after sustaining differing degrees of battle damage. Video and photos posted recently to social media show the HIMARS launchers, two of 39 delivered, being unloaded from an Antonov An-124 transport aircraft at Harrisburg International Airport in Middletown, Pennsylvania.

More:

❗️Ukrainian authorities were preparing an assassination attempt on the French President during Macron’s expected visit to Ukraine – France 24

It is alleged that this is why the French President cancelled his visit to Ukraine, arguing it was a security issue.

The French media say that the head of the GUR Budanov worked on the operation to eliminate Macron, and he supervised the killers.

The whole plan was spoiled by the former commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny, who transmitted information to the French through his own channels.

@belarusian_silovik (https://t.me/belarusian_silovik)
Two Majors (http://t.me/two_majors) | Boost us (https://t.me/two_majors?boost)

📌❗🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

A batch of teenagers sent to slaughter by the Kyiv regime! Look at the faces, these are still just children!

Interesting article from HNN

"Moscow Sees Its Posture in the Arctic As More Exposed Than Just a Few Years Ago"​

On Monday, the Norwegian Intelligence Service (NIS), the Police Security Service (PST), and the Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM) presented their public threat and risk assessments for 2024.

During the three security authorities' joint press conference, the Chief of the NIS, Nils Andreas Stensønes, emphasized that Norway is currently facing a more serious threat situation than last year.

Stensønes pointed to Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine and how the country is about to gain a military upper hand. At the same time, he stated that Russia considers the Ukraine War a proxy war with the West.

More:

Five killed in Ukrainian missile strike on Russia's Belgorod - governor​

MOSCOW, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Five people including a child were killed in a Ukrainian missile attack on Thursday on Russia's southern city of Belgorod, Russian officials said.

Regional governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said on social media that 18 other people were wounded, including five children.

The governor of the neighbouring Kursk region, Roman Starovoit, called the attack "a new crime of the Ukrainian Nazis" - language typical of the way that Russian officials refer to Ukraine in order to justify their invasion.

More:

Douglas Macgregor reaction to Russia-Ukraine Catastrophe and Tucker Carlson Putin Interview​

42m

Battle for Avdeevka: The view from Donetsk (Part 1)

Sputnik correspondent Russell Bentley (@TXDPR) writes:

I feel the liberation of Avdeevka not only in my bones, but in my soul. Not only have I lived in Donetsk under shelling from the Nazi strongpoint of Avdeevka for almost ten years, but my first military position, back in December 2014, was in Yasynuvata, just across the Donetsk - Gorlovka Highway from Avdeevka.

In 2016, I was in Avdeevka, when DPR forces pushed back a Ukrainian advance into what was then the ‘Grey Zone’ residential area of Avdeevka, on the north side of the highway. Shortly after my visit, the entire residential area of Avdeevka was razed to the ground by Ukrainian artillery, and until recently, everything north of the highway has been under control of Banderastan. In the summer of 2017, I served on the very front line of the Avdeevka front. One side of the highway was ours (DPR), the other side belonged to the Ukrainians. I could look through a periscope and see Ukrainian flags flying a few hundred meters away.

Boost us! (https://t.me/geopolitics_live?boost) | Subscribe to @geopolitics_live

Battle for Avdeevka: The view from Donetsk (Part 2) by Texas Bentley

Most of the shelling of Donetsk civilian areas over the last ten years have come from Avdeevka, including the recent mass murder of 27 civilians at the Tekstilshchik Market, in my neighborhood, less than a month ago. Avdeevka was known as an ‘impregnable fortress’ of Nazi power, and yet I have lived to see it begin to fall. Many of my friends, both civilian and military, did not. But those of us who lived, swore a solemn oath on their blood that we would see it fall, or die like they did, trying. That's why I say I feel this victory in my soul, because I know my friends feel it in theirs today, even from another world. And today, we kept that promise.

And I feel it in my bones today, too, because today, instead of the steady rumble of Avdeevka artillery, there was silence. There hasn't been any shelling of Donetsk today, at all. Today, the Nazis who have bombed us for almost a decade from Avdeevka are too busy running for their lives to target civilians or anyone else. My wife even commented today, ‘It's been really quiet today.’ So far, from experience, we know that every time we have a significant military victory, the Nazis take it out on our civilians. The Nazis have HIMARS, CAESAR and TOCHKA-U, that can target Donetsk from far behind Avdeevka, and we know what kind of atrocities to expect in the coming days. But we are not going anywhere, we are ready to face whatever comes. We know there will be retribution by the nazis against civilians soon. But we stand fast, civilians and soldiers, ready to move forward, for the future of humanity.”

Boost us! (https://t.me/geopolitics_live?boost) | Subscribe to @geopolitics_live

Russell Bentley has every reason to celebrate.

The Ukraine has been shelling and killing civilians daily in Donetsk for many years. Approximately 16000 men women and children iirc . The first day in years that no shells landed on the town and clear evidence where it always came from .
It was always done to make Putin react and he eventually felt obliged to do so .

He's pro Ukrainian, or at least 'was' in the beginning...

Left For Dead - Avdiivka's COLLAPSE, How Did This Happen? - Ukraine War Map Analysis/News​

G'day Legends, I hope you're doing well, Today we talk about the Russia's winter offensive and look at the war map updates. If you're new here thanks for coming across, I served in the Australian Infantry from 2014-2021, With a tour to Afghanistan as a crew commander of a Armoured Mobility Vehicle.

Upon my Return I was unexpectedly diagnosed with a Incurable and Inoperable Brain tumour that is slowly killing me. I was also awarded the Queens Order of Australia Medal (OAM) hence the post nominals after my name. Then Being medically separated from the Army I flew to Ukraine in 2022 for 6.5months and now make content full time.

I really appreciate you being here Thank you.
30m

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom