Unrest in Israel (Hamas war)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Arab leaders are between and rock and a hard place. Nobody - absolutely nobody over there - wants the palestinians in their country. Just how inbred, backward, and violent do you have to be to be shunned by inbred, backward, violent people? The palestinians are the lepers of the arab world.

great synopsis

"Song for the Houthi Army" music video​

One of the videos for songs from the album, Notes From A Holocaust.
3:22

I haven't watched the news in years. And I'm not exactly a friend of the jews. But hamas started the bullshit. As far as I am concerned, Israel has every right to strike back at them. Wouldn't do much good if they left all those terror tunnels intact, so I fully support them destroying them. Oh, hamas built them under hospitals? Well, then blame hamas when the Israelis have to take out the hospitals as well. Because that's how it works. When you hide behind the skirts of civilians and children, civilians and children will get hurt. I'm not blaming Israel for doing what it takes to get the job done. Hamas is at fault for using civilians and children as shields. Blame hamas.
The European Zionists started this bullshit 75 years ago, long before Hamas ever existed. They murdered 91 people in the King David hotel, they became masters of the false flag attack, blaming Arab "terrorists" for acts committed by Israelis., like the Lavon affair, where they got caught. Or the USS Liberty, where they also got caught. The tunnels have been debunked as Israeli propaganda. The "civilian shields" is also bullshit, and an excuse for the Israelis to murder and drive them all out to steal the land and vast gas wealth that lies underneath. The "beheaded babies", the "raped women", all debunked as Israeli propaganda , in the Israeli press. Most of the Israeli civilian casualties on October 7th we're killed by IDF troops, not Hamas. You blame the victims for fighting back against their oppressors. So either you are so steeped in decades of propaganda you can't see the truth, or you are a Zionist.

Israel committing war crimes

ICJ delivers ruling in favour of South Africa​

37m

The International Court of Justice ordered Israel to take action against genocide in the Gaza Strip.​

Israel is obliged to take all measures to prevent genocide in the Gaza Strip, said the President of the International Court of Justice Joan Donoghue, announcing an interim decision on South Africa's claim.

“Israel must […] take all measures in relation to the residents of the Gaza Strip to prevent the commission of all actions in accordance with the second article of the Genocide Convention,” the judge said.

In particular, the Jewish state must not allow the killing of enclave residents, the infliction of serious bodily or mental harm, or the deliberate creation of “living conditions calculated to bring about total or partial physical destruction.”
Among such actions, the judge especially noted measures to prevent childbirth.

t.me/iEarlGreyTV

The ICJ: A meaningless decision by a meaningless court​

In one of the episodes of the British sitcom series "Peep Show", Mark, one of the main characters, tells his friend "promise me you will not try to sleep with my sister". In response, fully aware of his intentions, his friend says "I promise I will try not to sleep with her". The next morning, after sleeping with Mark's sister, he then says "I promised to try not to sleep with her, turns out it was literally impossible". The subtle, yet important differences in meaning meant he, technically speaking, did as he promised.

I see plenty of people online celebrating the ICJ's decision in the South Africa vs. Israel (https://www.icj-cij.org/case/192) case. Anyone with any degree of experience with legal proceedings will tell you just how meaningless the provision is.

The court considers that with regard to the present situation, Israel must, in accordance with its obligations under the Geneva Convention, in relation to Palestinians in Gaza, take all measures within its power to prevent the commission of all acts within the scope of Article 2 of the Convention.

Just like Mark's friend took all measures to prevent sleeping with his sister, so too Israel can (and will) "take all measures within its power" to prevent the committing of genocide, I have no doubt about it. South Africa also asked the ICJ to force Israel to provide a detailed report a month from now about the measures they applied. This too, I'm sure, Israel can do. Language is incredibly important in law. I wonder how the ICJ then plans to prove Israel didn't take such measures? Even if Israel decides to accept the ruling (which they won't and will probably call it anti-Semitic), they can say whatever they want and it won't make any difference. They will simply come back to the ICJ a month from now and say they complied, doing "everything within their power" to prevent genocide - and they will be right, speaking in legal terms. Finding any amount of evidence to the contrary would take a thousand Jew lawyers a thousand Jew years to Jew-out. Feel free to watch the ICJ ruling in full here and listen carefully to the wording of provisions announced ().

Now let's go a step further and assume the ICJ actually wanted to be a real court and decide that Israel must "immediately halt all operations against civilians and without delay cease any activities that put non-combatants in danger, including, but not exclusive to, attacks of any kind of civilian infrastructure in the sense set forth by the ICJ and the Geneva Convention" (or something along those lines). What stops Israel from simply refusing to comply? Israel, or any other country, can at any point claim the ICJ has no jurisdiction over them. Law compliance is only ever as strong as the ability of a court to enforce it. Therefore, even if Israel was clearly and without doubt ordered to stop doing whatever it is South Africa wanted them to stop doing, Israel can use that decision to eat their hummus off and nothing will change, because neither the ICJ, nor South Africa has any means to enforce the decision.

While the ICJ has theoretical jurisdiction and serves as an advisory body under the U.N., in practice its jurisdiction doesn't leave the cafeteria. And yes, you can say that the U.N. members must comply because they are in the U.N., but reality is very different. These decisions and provisions are symbolic at best.

I will say it again, wording is very important when dealing with court cases and lawyers (especially lawyers). It is particularly important for the prosecution. If South Africa, for example, was to come back a month from now and say Israel didn't comply with the court's decision, Israel can come back with "we did, the court ruled we must do everything within our power, we did, hence complying with the court" and they would be right. Israel isn't exactly knows for its good nature either.

So yes, congratulations, Israel will now do everything within its power to avoid committing genocide, it's just they'll find it impossible to do in the end.

Join The American Majority (https://t.me/the_american_majority)!

Details Emerge on U.N. Workers Accused of Aiding Hamas Raid​

Israeli officials have presented evidence they say ties workers at a Palestinian aid agency in Gaza to violence during the Hamas-led attack on Israel.

One is accused of kidnapping a woman. Another is said to have handed out ammunition. A third was described as taking part in the massacre at a kibbutz where 97 people died. And all were said to be employees of the United Nations aid agency that schools, shelters and feeds hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The accusations are contained in a dossier provided to the United States government that details Israel’s claims against a dozen employees of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency who, it says, played a role in the Hamas attacks against Israel on Oct. 7 or in their aftermath.

Why Does the U.S. Support and Fund Israel So Much? | WSJ​

Feb 1, 2024

Since WWII, the U.S. has provided more foreign aid to Israel than any other country, giving about $3.8 billion a year in economic and military aid. Given disagreement over the ongoing war with Hamas in Gaza, the future of this arrangement is now uncertain. Could vocal calls for pausing aid, mainly from the left wing of the Democratic Party like Sen Bernie Sanders, lead to a rejection of Biden’s security assistance package?

WSJ explores why Israel still receives so much aid from the U.S. and examines the current fight over conditional aid.

8:51

Cross post from the https://www.pmbug.com/threads/shortwave-listening-swl.4517/ thread in the Hobbies section.

Reaching hostages and prisoners, through Israeli and Palestinian radio​

TEL AVIV, Israel, and RAMALLAH, West Bank — Thousands of Israeli and Palestinian families know nothing about the fate of their relatives — Israelis held captive in Gaza and Palestinians jailed in Israel — during the Israel-Hamas war.

No phone calls. No letters. Just a few short Hamas hostage videos and limited lawyers' visits to Israeli prisons. Even as diplomats try to reach a cease-fire deal for their release, it is an ongoing source of anguish for the families.

So Israeli and Palestinian radio stations are broadcasting their voices, hoping their loved ones hear them.

Some have.

More:

How Israel became a high-tech military power (and why it failed)​

Feb 8, 2024
#Israeli industries have produced a batch of impressive weapons, ranging from #drones, tanks, and missiles to satellites and #cybersecurity. The world has taken notice. 19 minutes long.

December 8, 2023

Images of Syrian Civil War Take on a Second Life in Gaza Conflict​

The avalanche of disinformation shared about Israel and Palestine amid the recent conflict has been well documented. Bellingcat previously reported on the surge of misattributed videos, images, and claims — which have spread across X, TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms.

Bellingcat has also identified a trend of footage and images from Syria’s long-running civil war being recycled and misattributed to the current Israel-Hamas conflict. This phenomenon has also been reported by other outlets including The New York Times. In particular, a number of prominent figures who have a history of denying the Syrian government’s chemical weapons attacks have re-shared Syrian civil war images, claiming they show Israel and Gaza.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has overseen a 12-year civil war during which forces loyal to Assad have been accused of mass murder and torture of civilians. The use of chemical weapons by Bashar al-Assad’s regime against civilians has been well documented. There is ample evidence for these acts, from witness testimony to open source material. In 2022, a German court convicted an Assad regime official of ‘crimes against humanity.’

As the current conflict between Hamas and the Israel Defense Forces has played out, prominent pro-Palestine and pro-Israel accounts have shared misrepresented footage, flooding platforms and distracting from current atrocities in the conflict.

This reuse of Syrian conflict footage means that a double erasure is occurring. Using footage from another war, rather than the evidence of Gaza today, obscures the plight of victims of both conflicts.

Russian and Syrian Regime Sympathisers Weigh in on Gaza

The Assad regime’s attacks on civilians across Syria have been well documented, including the use of chemical weapons. On Nov 15, French authorities issued an arrest warrant for Assad over his armed forces’ use of chemical weapons. Last week, a new initiative was launched at The Hague by a dozen Syrian rights groups and legal experts in an attempt to bring people responsible for using chemical weapons to justice.

More:

If it wasn't for the Palestine skirmish... the Houthi's wouldn't be sinking ships in the Red Sea...

Devastation in Gaza unlike any other war zone American doctor has been to | 60 Minutes​

Feb 25, 2024
Children in Gaza are suffering shrapnel injuries and people are getting amputations without any anesthesia. Doctors and aid workers say the medications and supplies they need aren’t getting through. 14 mins long.

it's really complicated...

BRIGITTE GABRIEL-WHY THE CEASEFIRE? BECAUSE THEY ARE LOSING, [WEF] IS FUNDING THE INVASION IN THE US​

Brigitte Gabriel is aNational security analyst, NYT Bestselling author, Chairman for ACT for America.org. Her latest bestseller is "RISE.”. Brigitte begins the conversation talking about her background. The conversation then moves into Hamas and Israel. Hamas is losing the fight that is why they want the ceasefire. Israel will continue to destroy the terrorist organization. The [WEF] is funding the invasion of the countries around the world. They are trying to change each country and remove all history and blend the world. Brigitte organization is Act for America and it fights for the rights of the people.
43m

European leaders demand probe into Gaza aid delivery ‘atrocities’​

“Deep indignation at the images coming from Gaza where civilians have been targeted by Israeli soldiers,” French President Emmanuel Macron said.

Europe’s top brass on Friday expressed outrage over the killing of dozens of people during an aid delivery in Gaza and called for a independent investigation into the incident.

European Council President Charles Michel said he was “shocked and repulsed by yesterday’s killing of innocent civilians” while European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said she was “deeply disturbed.”

The pair both called for an investigation, as did German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock and French President Emmanuel Macron — who blamed Israel for the incident.

More:

Here's a perspective we've not seen ....

"So you wanna talk about your October 7th. Okay.
Let's talk about ours
1948- The Deir Yassin Massacre
1948-Abu Shusha Massacre
1948-Tantura Massacre
1948-Lydda Massacre
1948- Saliha Massacre
1948- AL Dawayima Massacre
1953-Qibya Massacre
1956-Kafr Qasim Massacre
1956- Khan Yunis Massacre
1956-Rafah Massacre
1970-Bahr El Baqar Massacre
1982-Sabra and Shatila Massacre
1990- AL Aqsa Massacre
1994- The Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre Massacre
2002-#Jenin Refugee Camp Massacre
#Gaza Massacre 2008-2009, #Gaza 2012, #Gaza 2014, #Gaza 2018, 2019 2021, #Gaza 2023 and 2024
So when you can sit with the Palestinians and talk about our Massacres, then we can talk about your October 7th "
#Palestinians, you are the most bravest people that I know. You are Heros.
I'm speechless, How the world leaders allowed this all massacres???
Why is the US and the UK supporting #IsraelIsAnApartheidState occupiers Inhuman Sociopaths terrorists organization????
Howww ????

Here's a perspective we've not seen ....

"So you wanna talk about your October 7th. Okay.
Let's talk about ours
1948- The Deir Yassin Massacre
1948-Abu Shusha Massacre
1948-Tantura Massacre
1948-Lydda Massacre
1948- Saliha Massacre
1948- AL Dawayima Massacre
1953-Qibya Massacre
1956-Kafr Qasim Massacre
1956- Khan Yunis Massacre
1956-Rafah Massacre
1970-Bahr El Baqar Massacre
1982-Sabra and Shatila Massacre
1990- AL Aqsa Massacre
1994- The Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre Massacre
2002-#Jenin Refugee Camp Massacre
#Gaza Massacre 2008-2009, #Gaza 2012, #Gaza 2014, #Gaza 2018, 2019 2021, #Gaza 2023 and 2024
So when you can sit with the Palestinians and talk about our Massacres, then we can talk about your October 7th "
#Palestinians, you are the most bravest people that I know. You are Heros.
I'm speechless, How the world leaders allowed this all massacres???
Why is the US and the UK supporting #IsraelIsAnApartheidState occupiers Inhuman Sociopaths terrorists organization????
Howww ????

Who attacked who first? The only reason they are occupied is they started a fucking war and lost it. The occupation is fully legit under international law because of that. If they'd have negotiated a settlement at any point, this all would have gone away. You can help, stupid, it's like negotiating peace with a Chicago gang. You can talk about the niceties of how these things should be handled all day long, but the reality of what it takes to exist on those streets is never going to be pretty. If they'd let up, accept a 2 state settlement of some sort, learn to trade with Israel, they'd be way better off all around. I just can't side with those that choose violence, then whine that they get violence as a reaction.

apparently, they are NOT going to go quietly into that good night...

The West Bank Comes to New Jersey​

Teaneck, New Jersey, looked a little like the West Bank on Sunday. Whose fault that is depends on who you ask. But one thing is clear: It began with a real estate fair.

A few weeks ago, a group called My Home in Israel Real Estate announced plans to hold a series of real estate fairs encouraging Americans to buy property in Israel and the West Bank, where the Israeli government has confiscated land from Palestinians. Rich Siegel, a Jewish activist for Palestinian rights, vowed at a Teaneck Township Council meeting to organize a protest against My Home in Israel when it came to town.

My Home in Israel had rented out the local Keter Torah synagogue for its Teaneck exhibition. Fearing the worst, Teaneck's government called in police from around Bergen County and closed the roads around the synagogue. On the day of the event, a heavy police presence separated protesters with Palestinian flags from counter protesters with Israeli flags.

More:

Back
Top Bottom