Unrest in Israel (Hamas war)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Leader Sayyed Abdul Malik Al Houthi:
With Allah's grace and help, we are moving to prevent the passage of ships associated with the Israeli enemy, even across the Indian Ocean and from South Africa towards the Good Hope Route.

This is an important, advanced and major step. We have begun to carry out our associated operations across the Indian Ocean and from South Africa towards the Good Hope Road.

1710527130264.png

1710529380329.png

UK REFUSES TO SAY IF ISRAELI BOMBER PLANES ARE USING ITS CYPRUS BASE​

After anonymous British officials reveal Israeli F-35s bombing Gaza have had access to Britain’s sprawling air base on nearby Cyprus, the UK military refuses to deny the visits, raising further suspicions about complicity in war crimes.

The British government is refusing to divulge any information about whether its bases on Cyprus are being used to facilitate the bombing of Gaza.

Kenny MacAskill, Alba MP for East Lothian, asked the Ministry of Defence (MoD) if any Israeli Air Force F-35 fighter aircraft have landed at Akrotiri, the vast RAF base on Cyprus, since 7 October 2023.

RAF Akrotiri has long been the staging post for British bombing campaigns in the Middle East, and sits 180 miles from Israel’s capital, Tel Aviv. The flight time is 40 minutes.

The MoD replied (https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2024-03-04/16901): “For operational security reasons and as a matter of policy, the Ministry of Defence does not offer comment or information relating to foreign nations’ military aircraft movements or operations.”

This comes after the Daily Express recently reported (https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1870435/RAF-F-35-Israel-Gaza) “senior sources” telling the newspaper Israeli F-35s had until recently had access to the UK’s Cyprus base.

The sources added that Israel had now been told not to land the planes at RAF Akrotiri until its war in Gaza was over.

Britain is a stakeholder in the construction of F-35s, supplying over 15% (https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...nificantly-higher-than-before-lockheed-martin) of every one produced, and it reportedly supplies parts and aftercare maintenance for the fighter jets.

In a press briefing in November, Israeli military spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari confirmed (https://www.idf.il/en/mini-sites/ha...ear-admiral-daniel-hagari-november-6th-20-15/) F-35s were being used to bomb Gaza. “F-35 jets strike terror targets and assist ground forces in very close proximity strikes,” he said.

Yet British ministers are believed to be still arming Israel and have refused to suspend or block arms exports to the country’s military.

t.me/ForeignAgentIntel

Jared Kushner says Gaza’s ‘waterfront property could be very valuable’​

Jared Kushner has praised the “very valuable” potential of Gaza’s “waterfront property” and suggested Israel should remove civilians while it “cleans up” the strip.

The former property dealer, married to Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka, made the comments in an interview at Harvard University on 8 March.

Kushner was a senior foreign policy adviser under Trump’s presidency and was tasked with preparing a peace plan for the Middle East. Critics of the plan, which involved Israel striking normalisation deals with Gulf states, said it bypassed questions about the future for Palestinians.

His remarks at Harvard gave a hint of the kind of Middle East policy that could be pursued in the event that Trump returns to the White House, including a search for a normalisation deal between Saudi Arabia and Israel.

“Gaza’s waterfront property could be very valuable … if people would focus on building up livelihoods,” Kushner told his interviewer, Harvard’s Middle East Initiative faculty chair, Prof Tarek Masoud. Kushner also lamented “all the money” that had gone into the territory’s tunnel network and munitions instead of education and innovation.

More:

^^^^^^

Backlash as Jared Kushner says Israel should move Palestinians out of Gaza ‘waterfront property’​

Donald Trump’s son-in-law and former foreign policy adviser Jared Kushner sparked a backlash by claiming that Israel should "clean up" Gaza and move Palestinians to the Israeli Negev desert.

"Gaza's waterfront property, it could be very valuable, if people would focus on building up livelihoods," Mr Kushner, who is a former property dealer married to Mr Trump’s daughter Ivanka, said in an interview last month at Harvard University.

"If you think about all the money that's gone into this tunnel network and into all the munitions, if that would have gone into education or innovation, what could have been done," Mr Kushner told Harvard professor Tarek Masoud.

The interview was posted on the YouTube channel of the Middle East Initiative, a programme of Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.

Mr Kushner was appointed as a senior foreign policy adviser to Mr Trump when his father-in-law served as the 45th US president. He was tasked with preparing a peace plan for the Middle East which reportedly involved striking normalization deals with Gulf nations.

More:

This is from 4 days ago - March 17, 2024.

Palestinians queue for flour as aid convoy reaches northern Gaza​

In northern Gaza, large queues of people waited for food aid to be distributed which was brought over land by trucks through the Rafah border crossing with Egypt.
This was the first time in months that a trickle of aid was able to reach Gaza city and Jabalia without incident.
Further aid airdrops were carried out by different countries.

2:36

Palestinian Jamila Al-Hassi, who is besieged in the vicinity of the Al-Shifa complex on al-Jezeera:

🔹We appeal to the Red Cross to provide water for children and the sick

🔹We were stranded amid continuing Israeli bombing

🔹Our children cannot even find salt water, and we have not found food or water for 6 days

🔹The occupation forces raped women, killed them, and burned them and killed entire families.

🔹 We would hear the women screaming for help as they were being raped, & anyone who approached to help them was killed.

🔹The Red Cross does not exist.

The whole video will be posted completely translated later.

🚩 @ResistanceTrench

Last edited:
Malcolm Nance is an interesting character. Most of his stuff is good. But as usual, take it fwiw and dyodd.

Malcolm Nance Explains the History of Israeli-Hamas Conflict part 1​

Mar 24, 2024

14:10

"They (IOF) stripped us off our clothes & tied our hands. They left us standing for 2 hrs before taking us inside Al Shifa. They left us inside for another hour.

Then they took us up to the first floor, made us sit on the floor there, before taking us to the last floor. They took all our IDs & found out how old each one of us was. They left us there for 3 hours. Then they told us “if you try to leave, you’re going to heaven.”

We remained standing. They started shooting at us. Then they started “having fun” with their guns, shooting each one of us. They shot one of us in the stomach, his blood spilled all over me.

We were 9 escapees. A man & his 2 children were martyred. My dad was martyred, along with my brother Youssef. A man who was 67 years too, he asked me to untie him so he could escape with us. As soon as I untied him, they shot him in his head.

My dad was saying the Shahada & told me to leave if I can. Before I did, they shot again, & after that my dad wouldn’t answer anymore."

"They (IOF) stripped us off our clothes & tied our hands. They left us standing for 2 hrs before taking us inside Al Shifa. They left us inside for another hour.

Then they took us up to the first floor, made us sit on the floor there, before taking us to the last floor. They took all our IDs & found out how old each one of us was. They left us there for 3 hours. Then they told us “if you try to leave, you’re going to heaven.”

We remained standing. They started shooting at us. Then they started “having fun” with their guns, shooting each one of us. They shot one of us in the stomach, his blood spilled all over me.

We were 9 escapees. A man & his 2 children were martyred. My dad was martyred, along with my brother Youssef. A man who was 67 years too, he asked me to untie him so he could escape with us. As soon as I untied him, they shot him in his head.

My dad was saying the Shahada & told me to leave if I can. Before I did, they shot again, & after that my dad wouldn’t answer anymore."

It was probably hummus dressed like Eye Dee Eff. If you believe it that would be like US Marines going into Somalia and raping those people. They may try to sell it, but I am not buying it.

Strike That Killed World Central Kitchen Workers Bears Hallmarks of Israeli Precision Strike​

April 2, 2024
Seven aid workers were killed when their convoy was hit by an Israeli airstrike overnight, as it was leaving their Deir al-Balah warehouse, amid ongoing operations delivering aid supplies inside Gaza.

The food charity World Central Kitchen (WCK) said they had coordinated the convoy’s movements with the Israel Defense Forces.

In response to the strike, the IDF stated that it “is conducting a thorough review at the highest levels to understand the circumstances of this tragic incident.”

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday the aid workers were killed in an “unintended strike.”

The destroyed vehicles bear the hallmarks of a precision strike, which only the IDF has the capability to conduct in the region. Images from the aftermath of the strike show that the WCK vehicles were white and at least one had the WCK logo and name clearly marked on the roof.

More:

Lloyd Austin Denies Israel Is Commiting Genocide; About 50 Protesters Arrested on Capitol Hill​

🇮🇷🇮🇱Iranian media, PressTV, reports (https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2024/04/13/723627/iran-israel-attack-drones) missiles, drones launched onward toward Israeli occupied territory.

It remains to be seen the nature of the targets selected and the damage done.

As pointed out, Israel's attack on Iran's embassy was a desperate bid to provoke a response and open the way toward wider war, including the possible use of Israeli nuclear weapons and an inevitable entry into a resulting war by the US whose policymakers have admitted for years is ultimately using Israel to provoke a large scale war.

Even if Iran's response was entirely justified, the West will use its control over global media to spin events and justify an unwarranted escalation.

Follow The New Atlas on Telegram: https://t.me/brianlovethailand

Iran retaliation attack against Israel. What is known so far:

The weapons

🔶 The Iranian attack involved drones, cruise and supersonic missiles, according to Iranian and Israeli officials and media reports

🔶 For the first time Iran used missiles with separable warheads to break through Israel's air defenses, according to IRGC

🔶 Iran used more than 200 rockets and drones, according to the statement by IDF. Anonymous Israeli officials claimed to Ynet that 99% of Iran's projectiles were intercepted.

🔶 The US and UK reportedly helped shot down some of the drones in the skies of Jordan, Lebanon and Syria

The damage

🔶 An airbase, from which the plane that attacked the Iranian consulate in Damascus had taken off, came under fire, IRGC reported

🔶 Hezbollah stated it struck Israeli air defense complexes in the Golan Heights with rockets and Israel stated it struck Hezbollah infrastructure facilities in Lebanon in response

🔶 The IDF base in the Negev desert was reportedly hit by 7 missiles and 7 rockets hit Ramon Air base in southern Israel

🔶 10-year-old boy from Bedouin village was reportedly wounded as a result of Iranian attack

The reaction

🔶 IRGC stated that the operation was a “success” and Iran's mission to the UN said the attack was a response to aggression against diplomatic facilities, citing the right to self-defense of UN Charter Article 51

🔶 The Iranian attacks were labeled as "unprecedented and blatant violation of Israel's sovereignty," by Israel in a letter to the chairman of the UN Security Council

🔶 Iran promised to double its next reaction if Israel will try to response, according to the Iranian Tasnim news agency

🔶 The US Navy dispatched the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Dwight Eisenhower towards Israel as UK Air Force's dispatched its Voyager KC2 refueling aircraft the same way

Boost us! (https://t.me/geopolitics_live?boost) | Subscribe to @geopolitics_live

🇮🇷🇮🇱 Iran strikes back, what will Israel do next?

CIA veteran Larry Johnson explains how Iran’s massive drone and missile attack exposed some major vulnerabilities on Israel’s part.

“What we see is that despite all of the bombast and chest thumping coming out of Israel about its enormous capabilities, Iran showed today that Israel is quite vulnerable.”

Biden White House warns of Iran retaliation attack​

16m

New Atlas LIVE: Iran Strikes Back - Tehran Steps into US Trap, is it Prepared?​

live

⚔️The attack on Israel, which was carried out by Iran in response to a strike on its consulate in Syria, happened today. These are the key points:

🔶 Israel has repelled Iran's attack, Netanyahu announced.

🔶 Biden said that with the US help, Israel managed to shoot down almost all missiles and drones launched by Iran.

🔶 An urgent UN Security Council meeting on the attack is scheduled for 8 pm GMT on Sunday.

🔶 Joe Biden will meet with G7 leaders Sunday “to coordinate a united diplomatic response" to Iran’s attack, according to a statement released by the White House.

🔶 Iran fired 185 drones, 36 cruise missiles and 110 surface-to-surface missiles toward Israel with military bases, airfields and government facilities were the key targets. The damage to Israel was "relatively small" given the scale of the attack.

🔶 Israel has so far responded to the attack with artillery attacks on Lebanese border settlements and rocket attacks on southern Lebanon. The further response will be coordinated with its allies, The New York Times reported.

🔶 US facilities or forces in the Middle East, according to Biden, were not affected by Iran's attack on Israel.

🔶 US president made it clear to Netanyahu that the US will not participate in any offensive operations against Iran, CNN reported.

🔶 Iran said it was not seeking escalation or conflict in the region, but the country would respond more forcefully if Israel decided to retaliate. Tehran said that the UNSC allowed Israel to violate the basic principles of international law when it failed to condemn the Israeli strike on Iran's diplomatic consulate in Syria.

Boost us! (https://t.me/geopolitics_live?boost) | Subscribe to @geopolitics_live

🔶 US president made it clear to Netanyahu that the US will not participate in any offensive operations against Iran, CNN reported.

This should help limit turmoil when the markets open for Monday.

... US president made it clear to Netanyahu that the US will not participate in any offensive operations against Iran, CNN reported. ...
4630abffa05723607b8573b8c3eda39d.gif

Back
Top Bottom