Motor Heads: Cars, Trucks, Tractors & Hvy Equip.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That guy with the affected accent, is not (IMHO) a car enthusiast.

He's an Eww Toob residual rent-seeker. Rehashing others' histories (which he probably never read, and in my experience, doesn't relay correctly in many cases) is not indication of his knowledge or enthusiasm.

Risky But Genius Uses of Motorbikes Worldwide to Make a Living​

Jul 9, 2024

13:17

Friday fun with Ed.

Kitschy Retro Roadster: 1985 Excalibur Series V Roadster Convertible​

Jul 26, 2024

The Excalibur Series V was the 1980s edition of Excaliburs famous recipe: Neoclassic cars! Cars that looked like they came from the 1930s, but had 'modern' day tech underneath those flowing fenders. Originally a Studebaker concept car, we are going to take a closer look at this remarkable kitschmobile, perfect for weddings and other fairytales. What's it like to drive a gaudy retro roadster?

13:13

The Tri-State Antique Engine and Thresher Show was held in Bird City, Kansas this past weekend. Demonstrations of threshing, sawmilling, and more took place. My father in law on his fully restored 1937 John Deere Model D and me on my 1950 Deere MT took part in the daily parade all three days.
1722218638310.png

1722218661254.png

They did a demonstration of a McCormick reaper from 1831. It was unclear if this was a restored reaper from that time period, or a replica built after the fact. But it was interesting.
1722219158743.png

1722219182594.png

Kitschy Retro Roadster: 1985 Excalibur Series V Roadster Convertible
What do people think of them, now?

An easy way to know, is to look at how they do on online auctions. Barnfinds has had a number of Excaliburs and retro-mobiles up there; and typically, in good shape, with low mileage and little wear, they'll sell for $20k - $30k. Used Corollas sell for more.

I have a distaste for EAR, as well as for the Chinese (or other non-Western) AI driven Eww Toob auto-oriented sites. They're there for visits and Eww Toob residuals. Often they haven't a clue what they're speaking of/generating. Often they mispronounce model names, find wrong photos, or even focus on a prototype that didn't exist - like the Ford Durango pickup, of which maybe a dozen prototypes were made. None for public sale.

Ed is probably a real person, but he's doing it for the clicks, too.

Mundane motoring with Ed...........

Mundane Motoring: The Festival of the Unexceptional Part I: The Highlights!​

A classic car connaisseur went to a unique car meet in the UK that celebrates the mundane everyday cars from the 70s 80s and 90s. Cars that you saw practically on every street corner, but are now completely gone. In this first part we look at some of the highlights, like Malasian Proton's, a funky Dodge campervan and three wheeled Bond Bugs!

12:15

^^^^^
Here's part 2

Festival of the Unexceptional Part II: The Family Car History!​

A classic car connoisseur went to a unique car meet in the UK that celebrates the mundane everyday cars from the 70s 80s and 90s. Cars that you saw practically on every street corner, but are now completely gone. In this second part we look at some of the cars owned by my family in the past, like a New Edge Ford Focus, a Daihatsu Charade and the infamous Morris Marina!

7:49

Sunshine on the Green in Florida! Lookin' Over A 1959 John Deere 730! Two-Cylinder Sound and Power!​

A few years ago, we visited with Dale Vannelli at the Florida Flywheelers Show -- when they hosted the Sunshine on the Green. Dale has a beautiful 1959 John Deere 730 tractor. The 730 was in the Deere lineup from 1958 to 1961. The 2-cylinder engine delivered about 53 HP on the drawbar. You can find out more about the Florida Flywheelers -- and their show held each February at their website: FloridaFlywheelers.org

6:39

The Most Awesome Tow Truck Inventions and Accessories You Have to See ▶ Eurolift Vehicle Recovery​

10:10

Can't Tame This Tiger! The Tiger Is A Rarely Seen Classic Garden Tractor That Dates from 1961!​

At the Florida Flywheelers Show, we check in with our old friend Bernie Scott who's got a Tiger by the tail! Sort of, anyway -- he's added a 1961 Tiger garden tractor to his collection. It's a 7-horsepower machine with some intriguing details. Watch and learn! And, if you want to visit the BIG SHOW held each February in Florida, head to their website: www.FloridaFlywheelers.org

6:16

The art of the lowballing in CASH!​

Seth Rose from Exotics Rally & Art of Wrap shares some of his craziest AutoTempest finds during the pandemic.

10:43

The American Dream Cars of the 1950s Part I: GM's Motorama Edition​

Aug 27, 2024

A classic car connaisseur dives into the world of the many American dreams cars of the 1950s! In every part of this four part episode we look at some of the awesome futuristic mid-centry modern masterpieces and radical concept cars. This is part one, the General Motor's Motorama Edition. Here we talk about the Buick Y-Job, GM Le Sabre and the many Motorama show cars, like the Cadillac Cyclone, Firebird gas turbine cars, and the GMC L'Universelle!

22:10

Back
Top Bottom