Olympics

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I only had a tiny bit of French, but my guess is that the caption suggests, "The closing ceremony will be even prettier."

my daughter just got back from the olympics ....

she said they moved all the homeless out to a specfic area and you would be fined if you drove to that area
So four decades later, I could not share a construction shack with a bum in Paris because I missed my last train.

she said security was emense with rifle carrying enforcement everywhere
Nice. It is always a good sign when the police are fully armed.

Olympic area was clean and sanitary
hotel rooms were very small she stayed adjacent to the Arc de Triomphe (she said their room was the size of their bathroom at home)
locals were non existent and everything was olympic staffed and friendly (unlike normal paris locals)
My short experience in Paris was that it was clean, but the people were lacking. I have already wrote that when leaving Paris, I went to the line of people buying Metro tickets and I announced "who wants Metro tickets?" One said yes and I went to him and gave him my tickets. It seemed that the others in line could not understand that one person would just gift tickets to a stranger. This was evidence that so many in Paris were shitty people.

And when leaving Brussels, I was at the train station and asked the newcomers if they needed Francs. The first couple that said yes, I gave them my big pile of coins. They said thanks and I left for my next country.

Olympic boxer at center of gender dispute calls for end to 'bullying' of athletes​

Imane Khelif of Algeria has faced a wave of attacks following allegations about her gender identity and eligibility to compete with women.

Aug. 5, 2024, 11:56 AM MDT
By Matt Lavietes

One of the two female boxers at the center of an Olympic gender controversy pleaded with the public to “avoid bullying all athletes” Sunday night.

Algeria’s Imane Khelif, 25, made the plea in an interview with Algerian media as she and another female Olympic boxer, Lin Yu-ting of Taiwan, continue to face intense scrutiny and false accusations about their gender and eligibility to compete with women.

“I address my message to all the people of the world to adhere to the Olympic principles, according to the Olympic Charter, and to avoid bullying all athletes, because this has a great impact and is capable of destroying people, killing people’s thinking and minds, and dividing people,” Khelif told the Algerian broadcaster SNTV in Arabic.

Khelif and Lin have competed for years in women’s events, including at the pandemic-delayed Tokyo Olympics, and there is no indication that they identify as transgender or intersex, the latter referring to people born with sex characteristics that do not fit strictly into the male-female gender binary.

So four decades later, I could not share a construction shack with a bum in Paris because I missed my last train.

Nice. It is always a good sign when the police are fully armed.

My short experience in Paris was that it was clean, but the people were lacking. I have already wrote that when leaving Paris, I went to the line of people buying Metro tickets and I announced "who wants Metro tickets?" One said yes and I went to him and gave him my tickets. It seemed that the others in line could not understand that one person would just gift tickets to a stranger. This was evidence that so many in Paris were shitty people.

And when leaving Brussels, I was at the train station and asked the newcomers if they needed Francs. The first couple that said yes, I gave them my big pile of coins. They said thanks and I left for my next country.
she has visited paris several times and noted that the normal paris locals were not friendly or hospitable at all.....she also noted that rural french people are good people ....she liked it to San Fransico here vs rural, and it was noteable to here that it seemed all the locals had "moved out" for the olympics

🪱There are worms in the food in the Olympic Village, three-time Olympic swimming champion says

Britain's gold medallist Adam Peaty hit out at Paris 2024 organizers for failing to provide athletes with adequate food at the Olympic Games.

"The narrative of sustainability has just been punished on the athletes. I want meat, I need meat to perform and that’s what I eat at home, so why should I change?" Peaty adds.

💬 "I like my fish and people are finding worms in the fish. It’s just not good enough", he concluded.

Subscribe to @sputnik_africa

🔸 TikTok (https://www.tiktok.com/@sputnik.africa) | Sputnik Africa (https://en.sputniknews.africa/)🔸

"I like my fish and people are finding worms in the fish. It’s just not good enough", he concluded.
Per my understanding, there are parasites in ALL seafood.

The dif is in how much is in them. Better quality fish have fewer.

To me, this is just another example of them wanting to go cheap on the athletes and their needs, in order to spend big money on pomp and circumstance and promotion of the Olympics.

If these are the elite of the World's top athletes, they deserve the best food in order to ensure they have the nutrition needed to perform at the highest levels.

The whole thing is supposed to be about the athletes, first and foremost.
....but they (IOC) seem to only be concerned with putting on as woke of a show as possible.

Fuck them, and fuck their Olympics.

Also wanted add that the boxer with the controversy that they are trying to make go away, failed the test due to having XY chromosones.

XY are male chromosomes, not female chromosomes.
....and that person just won the gold plated silver medal in women's boxing. What a fucking joke!

I still fall over with laughter at the phrase used to describe France's place in Europe:

- If Europe was a house, England would be the living room, Italy would be the kitchen and France the toilet.

The little I watched the Olympics it seemed the announcers were attempting to make it bigger than it really was. They'd announce 'play by play' like it was the Kentucky Derby! It's not football folks! In fact it's quite boring to watch competition. Akin to watching paint dry at times.

Then there were the cameras at every angle, then they'd cut to the family's reaction... as if we really need to know all that stuff.... If there was a 'hard luck' story they'd be sure to cover that angle too.

Typical American "in your face all the time" whether you wanted it or not. Decadent wanton endless excitement so we forget our mundane existence.

Only in America!

MyKayla Skinner begs Simone Biles to call off her fans, alleging death threats against family​

Skinner has faced online backlash since Biles appeared to hit back at her for her July 3 vlog, in which the retired gymnast commented negatively on the 'work ethic' of this year's gold medal-winning U.S. team

MyKayla Skinner has posted an emotional video, begging her former Olympic teammate Simone Biles to urge her followers to stop the online “hate” and “death threats” that she says she and her family have endured since she sparked a feud with the seven-time gold medalist by deriding the “work ethic” of the current U.S. gymnastics team.

“I sincerely hoped that this topic wouldn’t have to be revisited, but unfortunately things have really gotten out of hand lately,” Skinner said on Instagram Tuesday, while claiming that her family and friends “don’t deserve to be caught in the crossfire here.”

“They’ve done nothing,” Skinner said. “So, to Simone, I am asking you directly and publicly to please put a stop to this. Please ask your followers to stop.”

As of Tuesday morning in the United States, or evening in Paris, Biles had yet to respond to Skinner’s Instagram post — if she was even aware of it. She simply posted on X: “just woke up from a much needed nap.”

Skinner sparked a feud with Biles and backlash from other top gymnasts when she posted a since-deleted July 3 vlog, commenting negatively on the 2024 team going to Paris. While she briefly, if perfunctorily, praised Biles, she also said that Suni Lee did not have a “gymnast body,” criticized the team’s makeup, mispronounced team member Hezly Rivera’s name and asserted that the team, overall, lacked the talent, depth and “work ethic” of years past.

Skinner also made things worse when she complained about the changing culture of gymnastics, with its increased focus on athletes’ physical and mental health safety. She said that the U.S. Center for SafeSport had made it harder for coaches to push their athletes to Olympic levels. Skinner didn’t mention that the independent nonprofit was founded to reduce sexual, physical and emotional abuse of minors and athletes. Starting in 2016, USA gymnastics faced a reckoning over reports of widespread sexual abuse committed by Larry Nasser, the former national team doctor. Biles and some of Skinner’s gymnastics contemporaries came forward to identify themselves as Nasser’s victims.

1723472233578.png

The organizers of the Paris Olympic Games have once again been accused of Satanism. This time because of the official poster for the closing of the Olympic Games, which, according to Europeans, depicts Lucifer.

They say that the luminous man flying to Earth is very similar to the fallen angel from the painting by the French artist Gustave Doré for the poem "Paradise Lost" and to the description from the 14th chapter of the book of Isaiah, verses 12-14:

How you fell from heaven, son of the morning, bright star, you were shattered to the ground, trampling the nations. And you said in your heart: I will ascend to heaven, my throne is above the stars of God, and I will sit on the mountain in the assembly of the gods ... I will ascend to the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.

People blame the Games' artistic director Thomas Joly and the French authorities themselves for everything. They say that the mockery of the "Last Supper", the use of the image of death in the form of a silver rider on a pale horse and other devilry were agreed upon in the Elysee Palace. The rest of the reactions of Europeans are on the screenshots.

t.me/ForeignAgentIntel

I didn't spend a great deal of time focused on the distraction we call the Paris Olympics.

My wife watched the competitions while I went 'under cover' watching pertinent videos as is my wont while wearing noise-cancelling headphones. Occasionally, I would glance up to see the performances. I would also hear the audio at times.

What struck me about this Olympic event was the chatter from the announcers. They seemed to spend their time elevating each US participant to hero-like status. It was akin to watching Larry Collmus call the Kentucky Derby finish.

Back
Top Bottom