State Wants You to Get a Discount for Using Self Checkout

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

fwiw (dyodd) I'm seeing more and more self checkout counters, not less.

The state of self-checkout at major retail stores

Retailers including Walmart, Target and Dollar General have been removing locations where self-checkout is available or making them available only to shoppers with limited items.

These changes could prompt consumers to alter the way they use payment cards, even if the changes are subtle. Target, for example, is constraining some self-checkouts to 10 items or fewer, thus limiting ticket sizes from shoppers who prefer this checkout method.

More:

How AI And Automation Are Taking Over Grocery Stores And Drive-Thru Lanes​

Jul 15, 2024 #CNBC

From fully autonomous fast-food chains to smart carts lining grocery store parking lots, the way the food industry looks is changing due to massive investment in AI technology. The American consumer is starting to pull back on spending and rising food and labor costs are causing the food industry to invest more into automation to lower labor costs and improve sales, in order to stay competitive and take advantage of shifting consumer taste.

11:52

I was forced to stop at Taco Bell the other day.
Then the people inside forced me to use their stupid kiosk to order.

Said their registers were down.
....but the the dumb kiosk kept locking up and not working right.

Asked 'em about it and they suggested trying the other one.

What a pain in the ass!

Already had most of the stuff ordered on the first one and then had to start all over on the second one. Again, what a f'ing pain in ass those things are!

I was forced to stop at Taco Bell the other day.
Then the people inside forced me to use their stupid kiosk to order.

Said their registers were down.
....but the the dumb kiosk kept locking up and not working right.

Asked 'em about it and they suggested trying the other one.

What a pain in the ass!

Already had most of the stuff ordered on the first one and then had to start all over on the second one. Again, what a f'ing pain in ass those things are!
Seriously. If that's how it happened (and not a longer story, involving friends or family, etc) the thing to do is go to a major grocer's outlet - Albertson's or Safeway or Kroger or Giant Eagle...whatever's in your area. They ALL have deli counters and prepared items.

It's not the healthiest way to eat but LOADS healthier than Taco Hell, or the Fallen Arches, etc, ad nauseum. You'll find shorter lines, and in smaller towns, you'll find Americans working behind the counter. Often mature Americans, some of whom actually like kitchen work.

Seriously. If that's how it happened (and not a longer story, involving friends or family, etc) the thing to do is go to a major grocer's outlet - Albertson's or Safeway or Kroger or Giant Eagle...whatever's in your area. They ALL have deli counters and prepared items
Yea, I know. I was with other people who wanted to stop there. Hence, I was forced to stop there too. Lol

Back
Top Bottom