The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This guy hated Joan Baez' voice. JFC this is like nails on a chalkboard. Great songwriter few songs he wrote weren't covered better by other artists.

Financial Free Speech​

When things start to go wrong, it'll be the Austrian Economists who will have been right all along, and who will wind up taking the blame anyways.​

The disclaimer from the above:

QTR’s Disclaimer: I am an idiot and often get things wrong and lose money. I may own or transact in any names mentioned in this piece at any time without warning. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any stocks or securities, just my opinions. I often lose money on positions I trade/invest in. I may add any name mentioned in this article and sell any name mentioned in this piece at any time, without further warning. None of this is a solicitation to buy or sell securities. These positions can change immediately as soon as I publish this, with or without notice. You are on your own. Do not make decisions based on my blog. I exist on the fringe. The publisher does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided in this page. These are not the opinions of any of my employers, partners, or associates. I did my best to be honest about my disclosures but can’t guarantee I am right; I write these posts after a couple beers sometimes. Also, I just straight up get shit wrong a lot. I mention it twice because it’s that important.

Derivative trader explains what he sees from his vantage point.
Speed 1.75X - 2.0X and pay attention!

Derivatives and the coming collapse w/ Alex at Reporterfy​

117m

Got some stink bids in on some miners. Maybe get filled tomorrow. I've seen a few who are still of the mind we see Gold under 1800 and Silver under 20. Don't think so but we might retrace a fair part of Friday's rally. HL 3.95 CDE 2.30.

Didn’t Sinclair die before his derivatives warning came true?

Heck even I’m wondering if I’ll ever see $100 silver in my lifetime, this things moving so slow.
They move slow then fast. You know...the thing.

FWIW, my take on silver is Fridays pop got the shorts scared. War news is probably the driver and right now we have uncertainty while waiting for whatever is going to happen in the ME. Chart looks good, just some sideways consolidation while the move up is digested. 22.50 would be well within a normal consolidation phase. 22.20 looks like a retest of the breakout if we go back that low. If we go that low I will double up on my calls. Doesn't mean I will be right. Probabilities tell me that we go higher more often than lower this time of the year.
Looks like so far in after-hours we did hit 22.50 and bounced. Bigger volume on Friday on the pop and lower volume which tells me shorts aren't really piling on here either. 25 seems like a real possibility in the next few weeks.

FWIW:

Someone tell me when Metalla stops sinking. I had the misfortune of buying some call options before it fell out of bed. Expecting those to go to 0

Someone tell me when Metalla stops sinking. I had the misfortune of buying some call options before it fell out of bed. Expecting those to go to 0
I don't know what's up wit MTA or SAND. Should have held the Wheaton I bought for sub 3.

I don't know what's up wit MTA or SAND. Should have held the Wheaton I bought for sub 3.
Also holding EQX, which also fell outa bed. Ross Beaty better get this thing flying soon, I’m regretting buying it for now.

Sucked right into that volatility funnel. Francis? Probably long by now.

I don't think there is anything more frustrating than being a shareholder in mining companies. One of these years things will turn around and the sector will be hot again. When that happens I will exit, hopefully at a profit, and just buy physical.

Moments ago in silver trading:

It is slow and steady up in early morning trading for gold and silver. So far the move has the look of power and confidence. Maybe that reflects the lack thereof in both the financial markets and geopolitics.

I don't think there is anything more frustrating than being a shareholder in mining companies. One of these years things will turn around and the sector will be hot again. When that happens I will exit, hopefully at a profit, and just buy physical.
So you think you picked the wrong mining stock? It could be worse.

I thought this was an interesting comment by Savage. So is the under performance a reason to buy or avoid the miners? By the same token Gold has made new highs the past two up cycles while Silver hasn't approached a price it attained over 40 years ago.

Another smart guy who was looking for lower prices at the lows. The South Africans which I slept on are up 50% some of the Silvers are up 25% or more. The garbage like CDE and HL which always attract attention even though they are horseshit stocks ran pretty good. Higher bottom in HL chart signal in CDE though it got hairy for a bit.
The DSI got down to 8 in Silver early October.

GDX hits resistance at 30 the whole complex shits the bed with Silver and Gold up a fair amount.

Got us a short term 'stiffie' for the morning. Let's see how long we can keep it up!

DXY and 10 yr both up which is weighing heavy on everything else. Sold my SLV calls yesterday for less than 10% profit. Could got a little more this morning but there is risk to that as we are seeing now.
Markets have been and still are very difficult to trade this year.

Just playing around with some charts and similar to the one that was on the last thread.
Gold certainly looks like it wants to get this show on the road. If you cut out that weird middle part this looks like a perfect Cup and Handle. Breaking out potentially from the falling wedge. Many analysts have said the 4th attempt is the one that succeeds.

More fickle than an over developed 14 year old girl.

I zoomed in on that wedge to the Daily chart. Very interesting spot for Gold.

It was right at the top of the wedge AND the longer-term 180 DMA. Looks like we closed today at $1950ish today. Very important potential resistance area. Hold that and possible retest and this looks very good again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…