The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

... That is a lot of insurance to sell!
tenor.gif

Metals been in a downtrend for a very long time. It forking sucks. The good news is everyone is bitching about it so we must be near the bottom.
Be a lot easier if everyone just bought nada with everything they had. Then we could all be gazillionbillionaires. But alas, I keep buying beaten down miners. LOL.
Powerball like 1.7 billion or some shit. Maybe 1 ticket. Last time it was over a billion I bought a ticket and handed them a dollar. It costs way more than that. LOL. I had no idea.

Wonder what the lump sum payouts are after taxes now that interest rates are higher. Probably net out less than a 1/3 of the prize amount now...lol

In the last 24 hours:
- Mortgage rates hit +8.09%
- Credit card interest rate hits record high
- Car loan interest rate hits highest since 2001
- Oil prices jump highest in 6 months
- China planning +$137 billion stimulus
- War continues on in Israel

But guess what?Stocks are up today.

Incredibly resilient market!

It's simple.

With QE now SOP, and with Glass-Steagall a part of forgotten history...with banksters running huge House stock portfolios, and using QE money on overnight loans to buy, hold a short time and sell higher to repay...stonks cannot but go up.

Never fight the Fed.

But nothing is real. So don't put real money, representing real sacrifice, into that game of following the Fed Follies.

It's simple.

With QE now SOP, and with Glass-Steagall a part of forgotten history...with banksters running huge House stock portfolios, and using QE money on overnight loans to buy, hold a short time and sell higher to repay...stonks cannot but go up.

Never fight the Fed.

But nothing is real. So don't put real money, representing real sacrifice, into that game of following the Fed Follies.

Yeah... but we live inside the game!

Gold seems to be catching a bid early this morning (or late Asia trading?).

Gold seems to be catching a bid early this morning (or late Asia trading?).
It's long past time. In a real-world market-basket test, the dollar has lost over 30 percent of its purchasing power since Zero Hour of the WHO Real-Time Test.

But gold has been manipulated into remaining relatively static...coming close to previous highs, which, adjusted for dollar-debasement, are much higher then, then now.

How long will they keep the lid on it, and when do they lose control? Will it be the first thing they release, as derivative bombs go off?...or the very last?

No one knows....

I think no one is trusting this rally due to the news. Yet gold started moving up before the news.

Starting to feel similar to 2005-2007. I remember a lot of Middle East tension pushing prices higher.

I think no one is trusting this rally due to the news. Yet gold started moving up before the news.

Starting to feel similar to 2005-2007. I remember a lot of Middle East tension pushing prices higher.
Not for long. I wouldn't buy based on the conflict or sell if it ended.

It's been two days now and most of your country's banking system down. Seems like transitory problems are Not really transitory at all.
It's a 'glitch'... you know... the thing....

Back
Top Bottom