The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell is set to deliver what could be a key policy address, with markets bracing that the central bank leader may still talk tough on inflation.
Powell will speak at noon ET to the Economic Club of New York at a critical time for the U.S. economy.

b81a3901-ad02-4f7e-87fa-9fe23257ad0c_text.gif

I didn't, truly.

I thought VC would ride this destruction-of-sex-appeal thingy, straight into bankruptcy.

Woketards appear to have no understanding of business, finance, or fiduciary responsibility.

"off of the planet, J, off of the planet!" - lulz

10 year yield. The high for today, so far is 4.975.

So essentially, 5%.

[Something is going to break, right?]

View attachment 10764

Probably. I remember getting 5% in a passbook savings account. 12% for a mortgage in 1984 with the builder buying down the rate 2%. Cheap money is done. House of cards.

"You don't have to be perfect to be good. You just have to be better than the alternative." Victor Davis Hanson

JPow indicated they likely stay the course (no hikes) in November and wait for more info before deciding what to do in Dec. Their data has shown signs that long term inflation is reacting to the rate hikes they have done so far, but other data shows there is more work to do. Also, jPow says commercial real estate doesn't affect the TBTF banks, so that industry can be a sacrificial lamb to the inflation targeting altar. Oh - he also said that Tbill yields are beyond the Fed's control - the market is reacting to fiscal policy (federal spending/deficits).

If I was offered such a choice in the centre of a town by a stranger, I would probably choose the cash.
Yeah he is filming the offer, so seeking publicity in some way but my thinking would be 'If it seems too good to be true, it probably is'

It might be a solid gold ounce but I dont happen to have an xrf scanner on me and that $20 looks like it would be accepted at a shop.

Are they as stupid as Mark Dice suggests ?

Solar companies getting pummeled in the overnight markets. Slowdown in EV's sales and now Europe basically admitting solar isn't going to work. More downside in the near term IMO.
It was just earlier this year that our brilliant gov spent 400 billion on solar via the inflation reduction act. WTF? Where the hell did that money go? Back to congress, the DNC and RNC?

"Someone exploded an H bomb today, but it wasn't anybody I knew." Moody Blues

Only miners getting any traction are the South African Golds that I follow. GDX can't even take out $30. Something is up. Metals seem to be the safer bet but not much leverage outside of futures or options. Not seen this before.

I suppose it could be interpreted as either people think the world is going to burn and they want metal in hand vs. a claim to metal yet to be mined, or they think this gold rally is transient and miners are priced correctly.

I suppose it could be interpreted as either people think the world is going to burn and they want metal in hand vs. a claim to metal yet to be mined, or they think this gold rally is transient and miners are priced correctly.
Ordinarily it wouldn't be so concerning but the miners got cleaned out on the last move down most were priced close to what they were when Gold was close to $1600 Silver well under $18. Some have rallied a bit but they don't seem to want to want to follow the metals higher. Might be smelling something worse than just a coming retracement in the metals themselves. I'm cautious.

Back
Top Bottom