The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm not sure if Kitco is wrong or if thinkorswim isn't updating my platform to the correct contracts but TOS has gold and silver at 2060 and 25.36. kitco is at 2040 and 25

You wanna like Oliver, I've heard all the gurus over the years and he comes off as sincere and sober, projects credibility etc plus he looks like Michael Caine and I'm a Michael Caine respecter.
The problem is like the others he's wrong all the damn time.

You wanna like Oliver, I've heard all the gurus over the years and he comes off as sincere and sober, projects credibility etc plus he looks like Michael Caine and I'm a Michael Caine respecter.
The problem is like the others he's wrong all the damn time.
Sober? He predicted $200 Silver by the end of this year. That's bat$hit crazy talk.

I forgot the month end close would be before the weekly. Good point. We tested the all-time high overnight but that's not enough. A little bit of consolidation / building pressure here is needed.

We got our month-end close and I gotta say this looks real good. Think it's go time.

1701444516921.png

Looks really good on the weekly chart as well. $2044 looks like the highest weekly close so as long as we close above that today. Me likey.

1701444616018.png

Meanwhile the GDX is down with a bunch of long wicks. The naked shorters are in Crtl-P mode.

giphy.gif

:lmao::noevil:

"Blended finance"?

sounds like spreading around the risk of a risky investment....

FX Empire said:
Looking ahead to this week, the outlook for silver remains cautiously bullish. The market is currently pricing in a high likelihood of unchanged interest rates in the Fed’s December meeting. However, traders will be closely watching for key economic reports, including November’s jobs report and the consumer price index, which could influence the Fed’s decision-making and thus impact silver prices.

Moreover, global economic indicators, particularly the state of the manufacturing sector in the U.S. and inflation trends in the Eurozone, will play a crucial role in shaping this week’s market sentiment. Currency movements, especially the dollar’s performance against major counterparts, will also be a critical factor.

In summary, while last week’s rally in silver prices was driven by a confluence of Powell’s remarks and favorable economic data, this week’s outlook hinges on upcoming economic reports and continued monitoring of the Fed’s policy stance. The market is poised for a bullish trend, but with a watchful eye on any new data that might sway investor sentiment.

Always be careful what you wish for... Yes, we should be better off. But ending an entire monetary system is gonna be rough for everyone.

Franics pretty much confirms what I was seeing on Friday. Still think he does excellent technical analysis.

Sounds like it's time for some GLD calls. Any other suggestions for the gold market?

As overbought as we are in gold/silver, the Dollar looks like it has further to fall yet before it bounces. Same with 10-year treasury yields. I think we have a green light for more upside yet before we get a pullback in gold.
Still holding my January GDX calls. Feeling like a hot potato right now.

As overbought as we are in gold/silver, the Dollar looks like it has further to fall yet before it bounces. Same with 10-year treasury yields. I think we have a green light for more upside yet before we get a pullback in gold.
Still holding my January GDX calls. Feeling like a hot potato right now.
I have scaled out of a couple of slv calls that expire in January and have just become profitable. Never wrong to take some profit off the table.

Some see a $ rally from here which might or might not stall Gold out. Hadik who was originally looking for a Gold top around XMas is now looking for a Gold top somewhere South of $2140 this week. So follow any of these guys at your own peril. Nice double bottom just under $8 now up 20%. Some of the junk like HL and CDE much more than that. The easy money on this rally at least has been made.

Looks to me like someone got pinched in a short squeeze on the open of Asian trading (in gold) last night. Gold seems to be settling back down now.

That could be a breakout and retest. With very high volatility. Which is really also a good sign for gold because unlike most things it tends to go up with increasing volatility. Plus, we would expect high vol from something so suppressed starting to let loose.

Back
Top Bottom