The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My Weekend Trend Trader system is holding Uranium Energy Corp (UEC) and enCore Energy Corp (EU), both Uranium plays.

[The 2 charts are weekly charts.]

Last edited:
That's a good thing... draining the real stuff from the manipulators vaults.

Gold's done very well. They've kept a tight lid on the miners and silver, however.
People know the Democrats will pull off a false flag/ Black Swan event to steal the election again. The strength of Trump’s Iowa Caucus has them shitting their pants.
This is the stage of the riot when one person smashes a store window and people consider looting. Outright theft by May. This’ll get ugly fast.

Keep your eye on Disease X.
Disease X

Last edited:
Time to cash out on SRUUF? Predominant holding in one IRA. Bagholding GDX and SILJ in the other.

Gold miners already behaving like gold is back under 2,000. This is the worst market to play in.

More hawkish rhetoric from the Fed spokespeople are warning markets that rate cuts may not happen at all this year. Jawboning or reality? Markets seem a bit schitzo right now. The rate policy indecision needs clarity (absent some other major driver like ww3 or whatever) before gold is likely to make any strong moves IMO.

Gold breaking below is 50-DMA today. Not a good sign! Looks like the breakout in gold will have to wait a few more months.
I’m really bad at predictions, Jelly. But one school of thought is that the upcoming false flag is gonna take the markets down harder than Covid did in April 2020.
I’ve had some stink bids in lately and a few have hit recently like REMX AND GDXJ.
The physical spot prices of gold and silver will do much better than the mining stocks, or ETF’s of such metals.
I will be sitting in cash until stock prices dive below Covid levels. To think the worse is behind us is an oversight.

Gold breaking below is 50-DMA today. Not a good sign! Looks like the breakout in gold will have to wait a few more months.

None of the charting works in this market. They know charting and use it to bash it below to appear negative and get as much selling as they can and then flip it the other way. Manipulation is waaay to easy/soft for what has happened to our "markets".

Double bottom in SILJ $7.95 double bottom in DNN at $.92 but whatever it doesn't work.

I'd like to see another violent move down tomorrow. Volume on GDX is starting to look like capitulation selling. It would be perfect if we get one more high volume move down tomorrow/Friday, with intraday reversal. But, who knows. This market's nuts.

I'd like to see another violent move down tomorrow. Volume on GDX is starting to look like capitulation selling. It would be perfect if we get one more high volume move down tomorrow/Friday, with intraday reversal. But, who knows. This market's nuts.
I've got a couple of SLV call options bids in just in case we get one more good hard push down...

I'd highly think at this point they are gunning for all of the Leap options that expire Jan 19 (including sadly some of mine). They will be able to let up after those expire.

I'd highly think at this point they are gunning for all of the Leap options that expire Jan 19 (including sadly some of mine). They will be able to let up after those expire.
I took a bath on these as well. Never expected we would be looking at $22/oz silver in 2024. Live and learn at the school of hard knocks.

I took a bath on these as well. Never expected we would be looking at $22/oz silver in 2024. Live and learn at the school of hard knocks.

I don't think anyone of us imagined them holding it together this long. I'm highly considering exchanging some of my gold for silver if I can get anywhere near 88 to 1 ratio.

The whole market is acting a bit strange to me this month. December I had an 80% win rate with my options trading. Overall for Oct nov dec my win rate was 73%. Then jan comes along and my loss rate is 100%. I'll be sitting on the sidelines until further notice.

I don't think anyone of us imagined them holding it together this long. I'm highly considering exchanging some of my gold for silver if I can get anywhere near 88 to 1 ratio.
Premiums have fallen significantly for silver. It is currently possible to trade out gold for silver Eagles at well over 80 to 1, although getting to 88 probably requires trading out for non government silver bullion or junk silver.

The question in the back of my mind is - will gold go sideways until the crap-show of the US election causes panic?
We had gold reach a new high, yet now it's languishing down. This isn't a normal action for something breaking out. Something's wrong. Or someone is keeping a lid on gold. Either way, this isn't normal behavior for gold.

I know I've said this before, but what happened to the 200-2007 gold bull? That thing just kept going higher. This sideways churn over the past few years has been strange.

physical outflows in the GLD etf while gold holds steady over 2,000. The western world is throwing gold in the trash apparently.

Nothing to see here - economies are booming!

China’s Biggest Broker Curbs Short Sales After Stock Rout​

• Citic Securities suspended securities borrowing for investors
  • China stocks heading toward worst start to a year since 2016

Centrally managed/planned = fail

At least China's problems are their own creation and not the Fed's fault.

Highly recommended but Not easy anymore.

I don't think this is accurate at all. "The DRS was created in 1995 for those who didn't want their stock registered in the name of their firm.2" They created this system because they ENDED stock CERTIFICATES. Paper certificates were the accounting system and indicated actual ownership of a stock. I believe they knew what they were doing as they got rid of Paper certificates in ~2008. Making actual ownership in a stock more difficult and the criminals running the DTCC richer.

That link also tells you all you need to know....

Securities depositories for
corporate equity securities include The Depository Trust
Company, The Depository Trust Company of Philadelphia, and
The Midwest Securities Trust Company. These depositories
are limited purpose trust companies, members of the Federal
Reserve System, and registered clearing agencies under the
Exchange Act.

This means any stock you buy in a regular brokerage account, yep you just bought some stock for the FED.

Last edited:

If the FED is counting on my stock picks no wonder they are 34 trill. in debt.

Seems to me like something is keeping a lid on gold, especially with a little help from silver and the miners. of course that could be me just looking at the tin foil hat I'm wearing that has been pulled down over my eyes..

Seems to me like something is keeping a lid on gold, especially with a little help from silver and the miners. of course that could be me just looking at the tin foil hat I'm wearing that has been pulled down over my eyes..

I was looking at it the other way, someone is holding up gold while smashing everything else. There is NO way gold miners should be this cheap with gold $2,000+

I was looking at it the other way, someone is holding up gold while smashing everything else. There is NO way gold miners should be this cheap with gold $2,000+
Maybe all the central bank buying that has been goin on for a while.

Maybe all the central bank buying that has been goin on for a while.

Well it makes some sense. The Banks Own almost all of the gold. And according to Bix and some of his references there is a Ton more gold out there than we really know about. This would mostly be held by the elites. No one has much silver. So bankers want Gold to go up but they all Hate silver.

Do you like and want to align with bankers or regular folk?

I do my best not to align with anyone or any thing. Contrary bastard that gets left alone by regular folk ....
but having dumped everything into silver and gold and lost 25% on the silver but doubled up on the gold,
I now am unable to offer a simple answer to your question, hence mine.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…