What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Marianne Faithfull performs "As Tears Go By" on french TV show "A Tous Vents" on February 8th, 1966.

My World Is Empty Without You - The Supremes - fuTuRo re-fResh . I ghosted the original parts with new bass, strings, horns, drums and stuff, only highlighting what was already on tape whilst trying to bring the old recording back to life again. - Steve Lima

Another great heartfelt song written and produced by Holland/Dozier/Holland gave The Four Tops this 1967 hit. I always believed every word single word that lead vocalist Levi Stubbs ever sang, especially on the passionate, soulful vocal here. Luckily I could isolate James Jameson's, iconic bass line so I could process it to sit nicely with my augmented drums... it's a killer part from my favorite ever bass player and rightly well to the fore here.

Paul Revere & the Raiders "Kicks" 1966 My Extended Version!!​

Another great Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil Brill Building creation...beautifully realized by the Raiders. Hope you enjoy the stretch!

The Drifters "I Count The Tears" (1960) My Extended Version!​

A terrific Drifters' gem from 1960.

The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project "Games People Play" (Live in Colombia)​

On the evening of August 31st, 2013, a large crowd gathered at Parque Pies Descalzos in Medellín, Colombia. When Alan Parsons appeared on stage, along with the Medellín Philharmonic Orchestra and his band the audience went wild. This is an audio visual document of that incredible evening.

The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project "Games People Play" (Live in Colombia)
That's a first.

First tour - APP never did tours.

First Parsons appearance - Parsons was a producer, not a musician. Or at least, not a professional musician. He ARRANGED the group; he got writers and composers together. The albums were all themed. That was his vision.

What they're doing there, I have no clue. Guess he decided to squeeze a little more out of it, after all these years.

Standing in the Shadows of Love/The Four Tops - fuTuRo re-fResh​

Originally released in 1966, this is my re-fResh of this great Holland/Dozier/Holland classic by the mighty Four Tops.
I always loved Levi Stubbs voice who always delivered with such emotion as if he was permanently on the edge of tears.
Finding a solo track of the original bass part, by the peerless James Jameson, really helped me to bring out the bottom end and sound contemporary again.
As always, my greatest love and respect to all of those talented people who worked on the original.

A little known fact is the bass player is James Jamerson backing the Four Tops. You can catch glimpses of him in the background @18s mare\k.

James Lee Jamerson (January 29, 1936 – August 2, 1983)[2]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Jamerson#cite_note-birth-note-4 was an American bass player. He was the uncredited bassist on most of the Motown Records hits in the 1960s and early 1970s (Motown did not list session musician credits on their releases until 1971), and is now regarded as one of the most influential bass players in modern music history. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. As a session musician he played on twenty-three Billboard Hot 100 number-one hits, as well as fifty-six R&B number-one hits.

In its special issue "The 100 Greatest Bass Players" in 2017, Bass Player magazine ranked Jamerson number one and called him the most important and influential bass guitarist.[3] In 2020, Rolling Stone magazine ranked Jamerson number one in its list of the 50 greatest bassists of all time.[4]

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter performs Rikki Don't Lose That Number live at the NAMM Show 2016 TEC Awards in Anaheim, CA. Featuring Kipp Lennon on vocals, Nathan East on bass, CJ Vanston on keys and the Larry Batiste 2Cold Chili Bone TEC Band.

THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER is a super group comprised of pop/rock/R&B icons Donald <redacted - see forum guidelines on epithets>en (Steely Dan), Michael McDonald (Doobie Brothers) and Boz Scaggs.

This video is taken from "Live at Lincoln Center" in NYC which was filmed in November 2012 for PBS' "Great Performances" series. It features the band's dynamic rock and soul revue and not only showcases their well-known hits such as Reelin' in the Years, Lido Shuffle and Takin it to the Streets , but also forays into rock and R&B gems such as Sweet Soul Music and Love T.K.O.

My Old School - Leonid & Friends feat. “Rox Bros” - Alex and Nikita Pozdnyakov (Steely Dan cover)​

Ride Like The Wind (Christopher Cross) | Lexington Lab Band​

Jeff Beck Tribute - The Royal Albert Hall - 22nd May 2023 Imelda May, Ronnie Wood, Johnny Depp, Billy Gibbons

Taylor Swift & Mick Jagger - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live on The 1989 World Tour)​

Just to clarify (because there's some confused people in this comment section), this concert DID NOT take place in 1989!"The 1989 World Tour" is simply the NAME OF THE TOUR, not the year it happened. It is very clearly stated in the description that this performance happened in 2015.

Leonid & Friends play along - Got To Get You Into My Life EWF cover w/ME playing along with Vlad!​

Awesome show by Leonid & Friends on August 2, 2019 at the Mohegan Sun Resort in Uncasville, CT.

Leonid & Friends on tour from Russia perform the Chicago hit “25 or 6 to 4”. Recorded live at The Wall Street Theater in Norwalk, Connecticut on June 14, 2023. Please leave your thoughts and comments and compare this performance to the original (or current) Chicago band.

Watch Diana Krall's stunning concert filmed in the home of the bossa nova, Rio de Janeiro, in November 2008!

Jack Bruce (bass & vocals), Gary Husband (drums) & Gary Moore (guitar) playing "White Room". This clip is an excerpt from the instructional DVD "The Cream of Cream", released by Rittor Music in 1998.

Trijntje Oosterhuis (voc) I Say A Little Prayer - Metropole Orkest - 2009​

Paul Desmond's "TAKE FIVE" played on a 1959 Viuda y Sobrinos de Domingo Esteso by George Sakellariou​

Losing My Religion (REM) | Lexington Lab Band​

Take Me Home, Country Roads - The Petersens (LIVE)​

The Way It Is (Bruce Hornsby) | Lexington Lab Band​

Do You Know The Way To San Jose - Metropole Orkest conducted by Vince Mendoza (2009), performance of The Best of Burt Bacharach LiveSoloist: Trijntje Oosterhuis-voc

‘Low Rider’ (WAR COVER) Cover Performed by The HSCC featuring Joey Amputch

BIRELI LAGRENE live in Heidelberg, February 24 2024, excerpt 6​

BIRELI LAGRENE live in Heidelberg, February 24 2024, excerpt 7​

‘BAD GIRLS’ (Donna Summer Classic) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB feat Pina Del Re, Sarah Lloyde and Nikki Heuskes

'Night Moves' (Bob Seger) by Sing it Live​

Back
Top Bottom