Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on VP Kamala Harris’ perfect DNC speech where she shredded Donald Trump and put forward a vision to take our country forward.

21:14

The only way Harris wins is thru flagrant voter fraud because Leftists are really in the minority. If Harris wins it will take this country into a big government that functions with central planning of everything. Most people will have fewer choices and be poorer.

Gotta say that speech today by RFK Jr. was epic.

RFK Jr. suspends his campaign and endorses Trump.

He rightfully called out the media, the censorship and the disaster that is the current state of the democratic party.

I'm sure you can find a good source if you haven't seen it.

Trump 2024 is the obvious unity ticket that the country needs if the people can out vote the rigging.

I agree, it was well said.

The man comes from a good place. Unfortunately, given his family history and his social situation (Yeast Coast Liberal Elites) he looks to GOOBERMINT to make everything right.

Just looking at how the government has bungled "vaccine immunity" and how crony corporatists are getting tax breaks for hyperprocessed non-food...AND how HIS OWN PARTY is now siding with the You-Vill-Eat-Ze-Bugs guy...it should be obvious that FREEDOM - in this case, ABOLITION of tax breaks, and resources for HOME education of children in nutrition (instead of that GD Food Pyramid) are our solution.

It's easy to eat healthy. You just have to spend a little more time. Not even money - you eat healthy, usually you find you're eating less. Kennedy cannot see the actual problem - Corporatists and Globalists worming their way into centers of power, or having their proxies installed there.

Government becomes a danger. Whereas LIMITED government, with the limits on interference with private business enforced...it is not involved. Empowering those who would eat well, enjoy healthy medical care, and educate others to do the same. No more jailing docs or yanking their licenses for recommending an already-approved drug that is shown to work...

Maybe she can ask her candidate to do an interview and share what that future looks like under her. So far we got nothing but a few promises to fix stuff. Stuff that she helped break.
And by a brighter future I assume she means higher taxes for all except the rich.

Maybe she can ask her candidate to do an interview and share what that future looks like under her

I'd like to hear what they both plan to do and how they plan on accomplishing what they want to do. Supposed to have a debate on Sep 10. If it comes off and doesn't turn into a reality tv show maybe they'll actually talk about issues. I'd like to hear about ss, medicare, medical care / prescription costs, housing, food security and other issues concerning people.

I don't want to hear name calling, accusations, how smart someone is, how rich someone is, etc. Hopefully they'll talk issues.

A Period of Great Uncertainty – Martin Armstrong​

I'd like to hear about ss, medicare, medical care / prescription costs, housing, food security and other issues concerning people.
Those are not Constitutional government functions.

Those are the TOOLS of ENSLAVEMENT - creating dependency on government.

I want to hear about sound money, border security, returning FedGov to a Constitutional footing. Including but not limited to, making the Department of Defense...ACTUALLY A DEFENSIVE ARMY. Not a tool for chaos and enrichment of the arms industry, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives in Endless War.

All the issues mentioned in both of the above quotes are good issues and deserve to be aired during a debate. Both Trump and Harris should be asked about their feelings toward everything mentioned and then given time to answer each issue. I'd like to hear both of them talk about the stuff both Casey and I mentioned instead of some crazy reality show nonsense. Looking forward to watching the debate if it actually comes off.

BTW.........I agree with Casey about a defensive military.

In essence, what's needed, is discussion of WHAT ROLE/PLACE the government plays in this.

Constitutional government, versus the Welfare State.

Voting to remain free, reinforce the limits on government and protection of individual liberty...versus voting for Free (expletive).

Bastiat, to paraphrase, wrote that a free people will remain so, only until their leaders learn they can seduce the electorate with plunder from the public coffers - basically bribing the voters with money already taken from them.

Yes, this debate needs to happen. No, it won't happen - because there's no honest way for the Left to frame it.

While I was waiting on RFK Jr’s speech yesterday, I watched this 7 min video.

Do yourself a favor and watch. Incredible.

So very chilling to understand how corrupt the IC is………

What "MAGA" really means

The phrase has troubled liberals who think it is a call for a return to an America before civil rights, gay rights, and women's rights. But I have a more generous interpretation, one that is truer to my experience of Donald Trump as he is today. "Make America Great Again" recalls a nation brimming with vitality, with a can-do spirit, with hope and a belief in itself. It was an America that was beginning to confront its darker shadows, could acknowledge the injustice in its past and present, yet at the same time could celebrate its successes. It was a nation of broad prosperity, the world's most vibrant middle class, and a idealistic belief (though not consistently applied) in freedom, justice, and democracy. It was a nation that led the world in innovation, productivity, and technology. And it was the healthiest country in the world. I have talked to many Trump supporters. I have talked with his inner circle. I have talked to the man himself. This is the America they want to restore.

RFKjr + Trump = LONG GAME | Amazing Polly​

Thoughts on political developments between RFKjr, Trump, the Health Paradigm (Bio-Tech), how Q plays into this, Pharma ads versus social media supplement sales, and what might happen with this strange US election- now and a couple of years into the future. - Amazing Polly.

Will there be a debate?

'Coward': Critics Mock Trump After Late-Night Freakout Over Kamala Harris Debate​

Donald Trump’s critics are putting him on blast after the former president hinted that he may pull out of the scheduled Sept. 10 debate against Vice President Kamala Harris.

Trump late Sunday night fired off a rant aimed at debate host ABC on his Truth Social website, calling the network “FAKE NEWS” and attacking some of its personalities by name.

“Where is Liddle’ George Slopadopolus hanging out now?” he wrote, presumably referring to George Stephanopoulos, host of “This Week” and cohost of “Good Morning America.”

Stephanopoulos is not one of the moderators of the debate.

He also complained that ABC has a “so-called Panel of Trump Haters.”

“Why would I do the Debate against Kamala Harris on that network?” he wrote. “Stay tuned!!!”

More:

Arizona judge sets 2026 trial date for Trump allies accused of trying to subvert the 2020 election​

An Arizona judge has set a trial date of January 5, 2026, for allies of former President Donald Trump charged for a criminal conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election.

At a hearing Monday, which is ongoing, several defendants, including conservative attorney John Eastman and multiple Arizona Republicans who served as fake electors, are present in the courtroom. Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and Christina Bobb, who serves as the top lawyer for the RNC on election integrity, have joined the hearing virtually.

This is the first high-stakes hearing since a grand jury handed up criminal charges against the fake electors from Arizona. Trump himself was not charged.

Lawyers for the Trump allies will argue that prosecutors are seeking an overly harsh punishment to coerce defendants to cooperate.

More:

"Subverting" LOL

Attempting to prove election fraud is now 'subverting' elections.... LOL

'In the Kremlin’s pocket': Ex-Trump NatSec advisor says world leaders thought he was a 'chump'​

H.R. McMaster — the three-star general who served as former President Donald Trump's national security adviser for a little more than a year — is shedding new light on how the 45th president of the United States was viewed by the rest of the world.

The New York Times is reporting that in his new book, At War With Ourselves, McMaster wrote that Trump was often outmaneuvered by world leaders who used flattery to take advantage of him. This was particularly true with Russian President Vladimir Putin. In 2018, McMaster described how he once saw Trump writing a complimentary letter to Putin to go with a copy of a New York Post article in which he called Trump a "good listener" while criticizing the American political system.

"Like a child with his Christmas wish list, the leader of the free world asked McMaster to send it to the Kremlin. It was especially bad timing: Evidence was coming to light that Putin had directed an assassination on British soil," the Times' Nicolas Niarchos wrote in his review of the book. "McMaster did not forward the note, later explaining to an infuriated Trump that his letter would 'reinforce the narrative that you are somehow in the Kremlin’s pocket.'"

More:

Gosh... why would anyone believe a neocon?

Correct! Even snopes... that bastion of untruth... agrees Trump did NOT say it.

RFK Jr and Tulsi to be honorary members of Trumps transition team. So I guess they will help pick staff members and candidates for key cabinet positions? It might seem unusual to have Dems on team Trump but have to consider the fact that so many republicans are against Trump and have defected to the left. Who in their right mind could actually support kami? The only reason is if your an insider and boatloads of money head your way if the status quo is left alone.

I like RFK and Tulsi. Are they perfect? No but probably better than 90% of the Rhinos. At the end of the day the moderate right and moderate left aren't that far apart on most issues. The big question is, can they overhaul the entire federal government in 4 years. With unions in place I would guess they can not. I also dont foresee this being any less of a shit show than it was the last time he was elected. The left isn't just going to go quietly into the night and walk away from the cash cow they and many republicans have set up for themselves.

Exactly what came to my mind when reading that post, especially the "food security" one. Only progressives and far left people seem to use that term.

While I may, or may not, fit into the definitions above you are dead wrong concerning food security.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_security

Only a fool would not support food security as a possible election issue. Hunger and starvation are not good things. In a different life, a different time, I spent time in the third world and saw hunger up close. Not nice to see.

And with all the taxpayer's money our elected officials spend overseas and on the defense budget no one in this country should go hungry.

More on hunger and starvation here.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…