Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DR opinion piece by JHK

Original source:

Trump Tells Fox News He Had ‘Every Right’ to Meddle With 2020 Election​

Donald Trump told ally Mark Levin that he had “every right” to interfere with the 2020 election in comments aired on Fox News on Sunday.

Trump was talking to the host of Life, Liberty and Levin to spruik his latest book in part two of the pre-recorded interview. At one point, Levin discusses the former president’s legal troubles and the Department of Justice’s intentions to “keep smearing you”; notably Jack Smith’s revival of the DOJ’s federal election interference case.

More:

Original source:

'Are You Seriously This Stupid?': Legal Minds Nail Trump After Fox News 'Confession'​

Donald Trump on Sunday tried to defend himself from the criminal charges he’s facing in the election interference case ― but experts say it sounded more like a confession.

Trump on Fox News bragged that his poll numbers go up every time he’s indicted.

“Whoever heard, you get indicted for interfering with a presidential election, where you have every right to do it, you get indicted, and your poll numbers go up,” he said.

Trump is facing charges in multiple jurisdictions and cases, including election interference in a criminal case filed in federal court in Washington. Last week, he was re-indicted to comply with directions from the Supreme Court, which in July ruled that Trump was immune from prosecution for “official acts.”

On Sunday, however, Trump flat out said he had “every right” to have been “interfering” with the election.

Lawmakers, former prosecutors, attorneys and other legal minds were ready with a fact-check ― and some said it sounded like Trump was admitting to a crime:

More:

In this case, "some" equals TDSers taking his words out of context in a short edited clip. Same as always.

They sure seem to have Trump on their minds 24/7. You can be talking about movies, sports, whatever, and they will find a way to bring him into the conversation. It's really frightening how angry so many liberals are and how much effort they go to in order to same something, anything negative about him.

Those on the right may hate Biden and Harris, but they do not act with the same sick obsession (aka derangement) that those on the left have. When Biden or Harris does or says something stupid, those on the right laugh and then move on to their normal lives. Why can't those on the left function this way as well?

They sure seem to have Trump on their minds 24/7. You can be talking about movies, sports, whatever, and they will find a way to bring him into the conversation. It's really frightening how angry so many liberals are and how much effort they go to in order to same something, anything negative about him.

Those on the right may hate Biden and Harris, but they do not act with the same sick obsession (aka derangement) that those on the left have. When Biden or Harris does or says something stupid, those on the right laugh and then move on to their normal lives. Why can't those on the left function this way as well?
I think the average person does get on with their lives but the propaganda networks, funded by the left, attempts to hammer every talking point home. Just remember, left or right, you are paying for all of it.

Under Obama we had Holder going after conservative leaning companies and using law fare against them to extract fines. Those hundreds of millions then went on to fund left leaning orgs. Then what's his face in Alabama got appointed by Trump and pointed all of this out and said he was putting a stop to it. I haven't heard anything the last 3 years so maybe they did but it doesn't really stop there.

Now we have NGO's. WTF did they come from? Non government organizations but funded by the government to bring in millions of illegals and spread them around the country. Even DHS got involved.

And that leads us to the real problem. All these laws and agencies that everything thinks was set up to protect Americans are instead being used by the marxists to destroy the country and not a peep is being said about it except by me. LOL.

Watched an interview with Liz Cheney where she endorsed Kamal Harris. Shame the Rs didn't run her or Adam Kinzinger. Either one would have gotten my vote.

Memo Shows Trump Team’s Warning to Staff if They Blab​

The Trump campaign sent an email out to its entire staff warning them not to communicate with the press in the next two months before the presidential election in November. The memo, signed by Trump co-campaign chairs Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles, was obtained by NBC News, and later posted on X by a reporter for Puck News. “You should not be independently speaking or communicating with any members of the press—on or off the record,” the email warns staff. The memo does not specifically threaten to fire leakers, but it does contain a reference to staffers potentially losing their jobs. “We have done a great job at preventing leaks, and that has been because everyone knows what the policy is and what we expect from everyone. Information is power—and the press doesn’t give a damn if you lose your job because you spoke out of school.” The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Beast or verify the memo’s authenticity.

More:

Watched an interview with Liz Cheney where she endorsed Kamal Harris. Shame the Rs didn't run her or Adam Kinzinger. Either one would have gotten my vote.
The R's woulda been insane to have run either of them.

The R's woulda been insane to have run either of them.

Remember me telling you I didn't vote for party and that I voted for people who I felt would do the best for me? Cheney and Kinzinger are honorable and brave Americans. They didn't bow down to Trump or gobble the goop. They stood tall.

Remember Nixon? It was the repubs who told him he had to go. What happened to the Rs since then?

Former Trump Campaign Adviser Charged Over Work for Russian State Media​

The Justice Department on Thursday charged former Trump 2016 campaign adviser Dimitri Simes with violating U.S. sanctions against Russia.

Simes, a dual citizen of Russia and the United States, served as an adviser to former President Donald Trump during his 2016 campaign. The Justice Department alleges that Simes and his wife, Anastasia Simes, "participated in a scheme to violate U.S. sanctions for the benefit of sanctioned Russian broadcaster Channel One Russia and to launder funds obtained from that scheme."

Channel One Russia, a state-owned Russian broadcaster, has been under U.S. sanctions since 2022.

According to a DOJ press release, Simes "allegedly participated in a scheme to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), by providing services to Channel One Russia, including by serving as a presenter and producer of programming, and by receiving over $1 million, a personal car and driver, a stipend for an apartment in Moscow, Russia, and a team of 10 employees from Channel One Russia," following its sanctioning.

More:

Cheney and Kinzinger are honorable and brave Americans. They didn't bow down to Trump or gobble the goop. They stood tall.
You consider running a biased investigation and hiding exculpatory evidence, standing tall? Lol

See? You are obviously a "means justifies the ends" kinda guy.

The only reason you like them is due to their opinions on Trump.

You are ok with getting him, even if the only way to do so is by ignoring the law and Constitution.

Trump unveils plans for U.S. 'sovereign wealth fund' like Saudi Arabia​

Donald Trump unveiled a radical new plan to use cash from tariffs to fuel a sovereign wealth fund to invest in roads, airports and defense technology on Thursday.

It is the sort of 'build the wall' idea beloved by the former president as he searches for a populist proposal that can excite voters.

Wealth funds are generally set up by governments awash with spare cash generated by oil or gas finds. And Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait have some of the most powerful examples.

But the idea will face the immediate skepticism of economists amid questions about whether Americans would trust politicians to invest billions of dollars on their behalf and whether it is even constitutionally possible.

More:

Donald Trump unveiled a radical new plan to use cash from tariffs to fuel a sovereign wealth fund to invest in roads, airports and defense technology on Thursday.
What the hell?!
But the idea will face the immediate skepticism of economists amid questions about whether Americans would trust politicians to invest billions of dollars on their behalf and whether it is even constitutionally possible.
It's bad when the government SPENDS so much on their pet projects, but this implies that they will be using public money to buy stock in their favorite corporations.

This seems like a perfect way to combine insider trading and (government) money laundering. I guess the previous avenues of corruption were just not easy as they would wish.

Memo Shows Trump Team’s Warning to Staff if They Blab​

The Trump campaign sent an email out to its entire staff warning them not to communicate with the press in the next two months before the presidential election in November. The memo, signed by Trump co-campaign chairs Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles, was obtained by NBC News, and later posted on X by a reporter for Puck News. “You should not be independently speaking or communicating with any members of the press—on or off the record,” the email warns staff. The memo does not specifically threaten to fire leakers, but it does contain a reference to staffers potentially losing their jobs. “We have done a great job at preventing leaks, and that has been because everyone knows what the policy is and what we expect from everyone. Information is power—and the press doesn’t give a damn if you lose your job because you spoke out of school.” The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Beast or verify the memo’s authenticity.

More:

That's good advice for either candidate!

I see this as a really good sign.

Taking to X, formerly Twitter, Cuban asked his 8.8 million followers, “Who's persona and character would you like to see young children grow up to have?”

Around 68.9 percent of the 8,04,173 respondents who participated in the poll stated that they would like their children to look up to Trump, while 31.1 percent favored Harris

Polls are starting to show trump really taking a lead. 60% or better in many places and 61% in PA. Thats a steal breaker. The left needs to be within about 5% for the steal to work. 20% is just to much to overcome.

Thats the good news. The bad news is that it doesn't seem like Kami is even trying. No interviews, not real ones anyway and other than the DNC, she cant pull many crowds. So why is this bad news? Seems like once again they are taking the Biden approach to elections but even worse. Keep her in the basement and have no policies to speak of. Parade her around and show off just how dumb she really is and how she doesn't stand a chance. Then put Trump in prison and she wins by a landslide which makes it seem like she's really popular.

Then put Trump in prison and she wins by a landslide which makes it seem like she's really popular.
What happens if they put him in prison and he still wins?

Would they have to let him out, or would he have to run the nation from there?

What happens if they put him in prison and he still wins?

Would they have to let him out, or would he have to run the nation from there?
Can he pardon himself? I've thought about that as well. LOL. That would be the most insane election in all of history probably.

I still have to wonder why these judges aren't being arrested for election interference? This NY case is such an obvious sham there is no other reason for it, other than election interference. You think the DC politicians which are mostly lawyers dont know this? None of them standing up to offer support either which means they are all in on it on both teams.

Can he pardon himself?
No. Not on State issues, a potus cannot pardon.

I still have to wonder why these judges aren't being arrested for election interference?
By who?

Anyone who could, either supports it or is in on it.

That leaves you and your torch and pitchfork.
.....and I think we all know how that would end.
....at least right now.

This NY case is such an obvious sham there is no other reason for it, other than election interference
Anyone with a lick of sense to 'em, knows that.

Whether they'll admit it or not, depends upon which side they are on.

You think the DC politicians which are mostly lawyers dont know this?
Know it? They helped orchestrate it.

None of them standing up to offer support either which means they are all in on it on both teams.
Of course they are. Only a few in DC don't have TDS.

More:

More:

Pro-Trump influencers are rushing to explain after the DOJ said their work was funded by Russia​

• Major pro-Trump influencers worked for a company the DOJ alleges was funded by Russia.
  • Prosecutors say Tenet Media got nearly $10 million from the Russian state to spread its message in the US.
  • Several influencers — Benny Johnson, Tim Pool, and others — said they had no idea.
Several conservative influencers scrambled to deny any involvement after a company paying them was accused of being bankrolled by Russia.

In an indictment this week, the DOJ said an unnamed Tenessee firm took almost $10 million from the Russian state-media company RT.

The aim, per the DOJ, was to "create and distribute content to US audiences with hidden Russian government messaging."

Multiple outlets later identified the firm as Tenet Media, a right-wing media company founded by conservative couple Lauren Chen and Liam Donovan.

Tenet publishes content from six influencers: Lauren Southern, Tim Pool, Taylor Hansen, Matt Christiansen, Dave Rubin, and Benny Johnson — all of whom are publicly right-wing and support former President Donald Trump.

They are very eager to point out this had nothing to do with them — a claim the DOJ echoed, saying they were never told.

More:

^^^^^^^

Putin Pals Say Accused MAGA Media Stars Should Come to Russia for Protection​

This week’s Department of Justice indictments of the employees of RT, Russia’s premiere state-controlled propaganda outlet, have been met with mockery and jeering in Moscow. Margarita Simonyan, RT’s editor-in-chief, posted a bevy of messages on her Telegram channel—and none of them sounded like denials.

In one of her first reactions on Telegram, Simonyan mocked the authorities for being so slow to catch up to RT’s nefarious activities in the United States. She wrote, “Ptooey, they finally woke up!”

The unsealed indictment alleged that prominent right-wing influencers like Tim Pool, Dave Rubin and Benny Johnson were secretly funded by Russian state media employees to create favorable content.

Tenet Media’s founders were also caught up in the indictment. While those people were not named, Lauren Chen and Liam Donovan are the only people who match that description. On Thursday, Blaze Media CEO Tyler Cardon said in a statement to Semafor that Chen had been fired following the indictment.

More:

The keys, it's all in the keys. All 13 of em. Let's hope this cat is right!!

He Predicted Trump in 2016, Biden in 2020 and Now… | NYT Opinion​

7:07

I sure am glad the US (we) don't meddle in other nation's elections...

This may take a while, it's a long read.

Shorter reads.

Opinion piece.

Opinion: Do you remember what politics were like without Donald Trump? My students don't​

Every year, I ask my political science students, “What is your earliest political memory?”

I pose the question to figure out what political and cultural moments have shaped them. Over the years, their answers have served mainly to help me think about the mix of perspectives in my classroom. But lately my students’ responses have made me rethink modern American politics.

Why? Because most of my students cannot remember a politics without Donald Trump at its center. Only a few can remember Barack Obama’s second inauguration, in 2012, and only vaguely.

This has serious implications for their political identities — and the nation’s.

Most of today’s college students are 18 to 22 years old, so they were 9 to 13 when Trump elbowed his way onto the political stage in 2015. Having come of age in the Trump era, they think about politics very differently from the rest of us.

With both parties aggressively courting Gen Z voters, this could have a radical effect on the coming election. And it should have older voters thinking differently too.

One major difference among age groups is that these young voters barely knew the pre-MAGA Republican Party. Trump can still feel like an aberration to those of us who are older — a singular figure who hijacked the “true” GOP and remade it in his own image.

More:

Great interview with General Flynn on the NWO!

General Michael Flynn: Freedom, The Globalists, and The Future​

Back
Top Bottom