JOKE OF THE DAY!?!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

And of course, who remembers the record player stick that dropped one record at a time? (My father's and my respect for records hated that device.) And 8-track tapes that were nearly all pre-recorded because a recorder was unusual and expensive? Or open reel tapes and the choice of speeds and the holy grail of a three-head recorder? (My dad bought the Radio Shack version and I was torn up to walk away from it when dealing with his estate, but who possibly wants that now? Nobody.) I was lucky to get some dollars from selling his MkIntosh home theater "device" (some kind of input and output controller.)

Just to round out, how many remember cats sleeping on our TV sets and the TV remotes that were tuned to emit an audio frequency for each of the three audio-mechanical tubes? I once perplexed my grandfather by changing the channel by hitting two pieces of silverware together. He just could not understand.

And moving to the non-technical area, how many remember Roger Ramjet, the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Casper, Kimba, Milton the Monster, Scooby-doo, Speed Racer, Lost in Space, and all those other kid's shows? Of course, I missed some. Like Speed Buggy, Yogi's Ark, and Brady Kids (but yuck!).

Back
Top Bottom