Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I Bought a Sailboat to Start a Life in the Arctic​

Sep 22, 2024

This is how it all began! This video shows a glimpse into the first years that I lived, sailed and skied on s/y Sylvia in Norway and Svalbard. The footage was shot mainly in 2018/2019 but never released until now.

25:52

Morning Drone Flight To Vicksburg Bridges 9/24/24​

9:22

Historic Vicksburg City-front On Yazoo River 9/23/24​

26:06

Northbound​

Sep 28, 2024
Follow Puget Sound Pilot Pat Ninburg as he embarks on a routine job, northbound in the Puget Sound -- from Seattle to Port Angeles, WA.
The Puget Sound Pilots is an association whose members board every ship coming into or out of the Sound and ensure their safe passage to or from the dock or anchorage.
You can learn more about the Puget Sound Pilots here:

https://www.pspilots.org/
https://www.instagram.com/pugetsoundp...

25:36

POWER OF THE OCEAN LIFE ABOARD A GIGANT BULK CARRIER - BEHIND THE SCENES OF A MASSIVE CARGO SHIP !​

6:30

POWER OF THE OCEAN LIFE ABOARD A GIGANT BULK CARRIER - BEHIND THE SCENES OF A MASSIVE CARGO SHIP !​

6:30

Looks like fun.

Which tells me it probably isn't. Good that the crew all seem to get along, though.

Nice berthing accommodation, too.

Notice the quick shot of the helm? Instead of a big spoked wheel, they had that little arcade-game wheel mounted there. Sure, I know, it only signals the steering motors, but...really? How can you take your job seriously when the helm wheel is made by Bally?

Interesting.

Before I made E-4, I did occasional duty as a helmsman on an Austin class. The wheel was four feet across, spoke handles, vertical, and no, there was no chair for the helmsman.

There was one comfortable chair - for the Captain, who usually wasn't on the bridge. Not when I was pulling helmsman watch. The Officer of the Deck, often a LTJG, would be walking all over, between the chart tables, the compass, the radar screens, and of course checking our settings.

Before I made E-4, I did occasional duty as a helmsman on an Austin class. The wheel was four feet across, spoke handles, vertical, and no, there was no chair for the helmsman.
MM (snipe) in the canoe club. GE steam turbines. QMED as merchant. Merchant way better than nav.

“Loopers” On The Upper Mississippi River At Cairo 9/30/24​

Sep 30, 2024

9:42

The Great Loop - The Basics​

Apr 15, 2024
Join us this week as we discuss taking a sailboat around North America's great boating adventure - The Great Loop. We discuss advice from the America's Great Loop Cruising Association and the NOAA. We look at stepping the mast, water draft and air draft requirements, and fuel range considerations. From sailing the Great Lakes, the gulf coast, and the eastern seaboard, to floating down the Mississippi river, The Great Loop is worth doing!

14:14

- NOAA: https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/g...
- AGLCA: https://www.greatloop.org/
- Captain John Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?...
- Practical Sailor is your trusted resource for reviews of sailboats and sailing gear. https://www.practical-sailor.com

Container Port Operations​

Oct 1, 2024 BREMERHAVEN

A lot of you guys asked to see the ship being loaded and unloaded, so here it is. This is a live view of container ship terminal operations. Watch as the ship is loaded and unloaded, and you will just hear the natural sounds in the port. You will see and hear exactly what I did, so I hope you enjoyed the video and see you on the next one.

8:42

Lots of “Loopers” On Mississippi River 10/1/24​

Oct 2, 2024

21:39

Bayesian Yacht Company Puts Out Incomplete Yacht Data | Ep392 SY News​

Twain’s Hometown on Mississippi River, And Butt Kissing Story 10/6/24​

Oct 6, 2024

15:36

One of the Royal New Zealand Navy's Largest Ships - HMNZS Manawanui - Sank Off the Coast of Samoa​

Cause of Death for Bayesian Owner Announced at UK Inquiry | Kiwi Navy Ship Update | SY News Ep394​

Pretty Views From M/V Vaylor Patrick On Upper Mississippi River 10/10/24​

Oct 10, 2024

12:07

240 Days Captive by Somali Pirates: My Terrifying Survival Story at Sea​

Join us as we dive deep into the harrowing experience of Chirag Bahri, an engineer held hostage by Somali pirates for 8 months aboard the chemical tanker Marida Marguerite in 2010. In this video, Chirag, now the International Operations Manager at ISWAN, recounts his chilling ordeal, from the moment pirates boarded his vessel in the Gulf of Aden to the final negotiation of a $5.5 million ransom for their release.

During this near decade-long career at sea, Chirag faced unimaginable challenges, but this encounter with maritime piracy changed his life forever. He speaks about:

The psychological toll of being held captive
The conditions aboard the ship during captivity
The structural issues in Somalia contributing to piracy
The lack of support and negligence from shipping companies
The 8 months of negotiations with pirates
Now advocating for seafarers' welfare with ISWAN, Chirag’s story is a powerful reminder of the risks seafarers face in the high seas.

50:57

NORTH SEA full Film WICK RADIO c/s GKR.​

NORTH SEA - full Film - WICK RADIO c/s GKR in the year 1938.In this movie there is the true story of the Oceanic Trawler "John Gillman" during a severe gale in the North Sea and the great assistance received by Wick Radio/ GKR until the end of the distress.

30:27

This is the world’s loneliest race: sailing solo around the globe​

Oct 9, 2024 #TheLoneliestRace #GoldenGlobeRace #GGR

Imagine spending eight or nine months alone at sea: no GPS, no phone — just you, your boat and the endless ocean.

Set against the backdrop of the world's most punishing seas, The Loneliest Race is an intimate documentary that delves into the emotional and physical trials of sixteen sailors in the Golden Globe Race.

This non-stop, 50,000 km solo sailing race is the world’s longest and most mentally grueling sporting event, pushing competitors to the limit with no fuel, no technology, and complete isolation. Only six sailors have ever successfully completed the GGR.

44:07

We're Sailing the NORTHWEST PASSAGE to Greenland! First leg to Geographic Harbor​

Oct 12, 2024 ALASKA

This is the start of our attempt to sail the Northwest Passage from Alaska to Greenland!

30:45

New Tug (4200hp) Vs Old Tug (4200hp) Which is better?​

Oct 15, 2024

We are working on a newer tug as our regular tug has it's engines rebuilt. This gave me the opportunity to show your the difference in our companies first 4200s vs it's latest 4200s.

16:22

Back
Top Bottom