The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Perhaps a bottom but this is not really a capitulation. We are in the middle of a bull market even though it doesn't really feel great right now.
Tomato tomato. Still selling mining shares lately regardless of what Silver does. Decent up day and flat to down sharply. Seems like GMTFO at any price now.

I'm moving my money to East Timor. Of course I need to find that on a map 1st.

It would probably help! Near northern neighbours of ours, we helped them to get to independence in the 90's. It was a bit awkward with the Indonesians from memory, but they seem to have gotten over it. They had the perfect leader, he didn't want the job, but he was good at it, and they kept pushing him forward. The ideal politician IMO.

Tomato tomato. Still selling mining shares lately regardless of what Silver does. Decent up day and flat to down sharply. Seems like GMTFO at any price now.

Yeah, I dunno, GDX looks like a bounce here or a bottom @ the least in the short term. ROC has been diverging for almost 10 trading days and now momentum seems to following. I'm going to call bullish for a little while @ the least. Maybe it's a dead cat bounce, we C.

Claims he called the bottom in metals yesterday. So if you want the good good ya gots ta pay. Seems he has the same screenwriter as David Brady.

I watched this and many like it. You can see how the education system has been used to set one significant part of the USA against the other. The question that arises is how organic was it, and how much of it was brought about by some external influence?

Brady weighs in. A little back and forth with Savage. So Brady is long but it still looking for sub 22 Silver. This guys works for Sprott?

Wrong kind of boyfriends I would imagine.

LOL... maybe we should charge for the Fringe, as good a track record as any. {dismal + 25%}
Well, from the 'even a broken clock is right twice a day' club, I will say that the call SLV options I bought last week out of the money are treating me well. They are currently in the money. I have a stop in place now for a third of the options. If it triggers I will have broken even and be playing with house money. I will put a limit order in for another third of them that, if triggered, will double my original outlay. The rest of it will ride, just in case we get a moon shot between now and Sept 15.

More:

It appears that we have elevated our performance from dismal to mediocre...

Is the dead cat bouncing, or are we putting in our sprint to December delivery?

https://giphy.com/7NrwdWfZUcolgKcbOc

GDX Daily - If anything a little too hot off the mark, let's see what gives when the shorts are covered.

Silver Daily - Higher low, spot the covering off the averages again, ideally we need a 26+ high set next.

Silver AUD Daily - I don't know how they arrive @ our volume numbers, but they are impressive of late.

DXY Daily - It's struggling at these levels, looking like a slow roll-over. I don't really expect anything startling out of this. Looks like it might just set a higher low over 100. Watching that level for a genuine trend change. We have a slightly higher high, next we need a higher low if this is trend reversal. No man's land IMO.

GDXJ well up against GDX, check that one off the required trading action list. 2.83% v 3.55% even though they share way too many stocks...

US10Y Daily - For now it looks to be mean reverting, I'd expect 'selling' (aka higher rates) to come in at around the 4% level.

SPX - Looks like the trend is still in play, no matter what you feel about the fundies. Remember that if big money isn't going into bonds (rates up) it will HAVE to be parked elsewhere. If you are moving billions, Blue chip is safer than a bank these days. The good news for bugs IMO is that this will bleed into the maligned and unloved yellow metal and relatives. JMO etc...

NASDAQ - On the other hand, here we have a lower low, so we have to consider a trend change being in play. Failure @ the 50-day makes the 200-day a target. I think we might be seeing a rotation out of tech here, with the SPX benefiting over the NASDAQ for a while.

I have to say, there are way too many 'crash test dummies' finding a voice at the moment. I'm not buying it yet, I'm in Oliver's grinding bear with plenty of confusion camp. Changing the market's mind and attitude here will be a war of attrition, keep in mind they are paid to be positive about the prospects here. The industries bias is up in the face of whatever may come.

Messy times, the true traders are going to be like pig's in poo.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…