The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

These guys are going to have to do exploding heads on videos soon! They are leaving no headroom to move here!

He has called 15 of the last 4 tops in Gold. So take it FWIW

When I listen to these videos it make me shake my head and wonder WTF happened? Have we really just sold our souls for some paper shackles that continue to lose value year after year? What do we do all of this for? Between welfare and the defense industry eating up about 2/3rds of US taxes stolen from taxpayers, and the last 3rd going to pork programs for politicians to buy votes and or line their own pockets. Were we not better off in the 1800's before all this technology?
Last Carrington event was like 1859 I think. We get one every 150-200 years. 1859 is 164 years ago. We are due.

Community service announcement!

There is an election coming. Please stock up on toilet paper ahead of time!

Something I realized today. You could have bought almost ANY other sector than the precious metals at the 2020 lows, and done better than the precious metals. Such a pathetic place to be

Something I realized today. You could have bought almost ANY other sector than the precious metals at the 2020 lows, and done better than the precious metals. Such a pathetic place to be

You would have done well but had to sell 6 months later.

Remember ALL of this POOR performance means that they are even MOAR undervalued now.

You had to sell the rally...

I'm traveling Thursday but would be very interested in hearing what he has to say.

I'm traveling Thursday but would be very interested in hearing what he has to say.
It is going to be pre-recorded so I imagine you will be able to watch the presentation later.

I used to subscribe to the guy (twice) and I find his work intriguing.

However, during the times when I was subscribed, he just could not get a break. When the heat was on he could become indecisive and/or just seem to lose his nerve. At least, let me say when I was subscribed he was unlucky.

Alternative Health taking a hit from YouTube's algo... pandemic prep? or Google SNAFU.

Oil looks like a solid uptrend for now.

Rising oil, when things are tight, is a defacto rate rise.

US10Y - Rolling over, lower high... next is? Higher low for consolidation, lower low for trend reversal? Correction to the 200DMA? Keep an eye on this one.

Miners acting like the bottom is in for metals prices. Spot headed south but miners are going north. Seems out of sync.

Inflation numbers came in hot. Metals are suffering as markets expect the Fed will have to continue raising rates in the short term.

Inflation numbers came in hot. Metals are suffering as markets expect the Fed will have to continue raising rates in the short term.
With higher inflation I would think it makes it more expensive to extract the metals which should put pressure on the share prices.

With higher inflation I would think it makes it more expensive to extract the metals which should put pressure on the share prices.

I've never done any deep dive analysis on the mining industry, but I have read a lot of stuff that @SRSrocco has posted over the years about EROI. I'd have to think that OPEC cutting production and pushing oil prices higher is going to raise operating costs for the miners.

Seems like the dollar has to make a decision here soon. Either turn lower at this resistance level or blow through this level and head up to previous highs.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…