The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

...if they're making buyers pay 6% sales tax...that's more than the markup at my local coin shop.

Is Costco based in California?

Because the blood-suckers in California, insist that sales tax be paid by all persons or businesses doing business there. Paying sales tax to another state waives California tax liability, but when there is NO tax required from the buyer's state, California must get its tribute.

I'm not a lawyer - I just play one on the internet. But that's what I've been told.
California doesn't tax any PMs as long as purchase is over $2k

I wish Mujahideen would have come over from GIM2.
With Goldhedge dropping in several postings regarding trucking I'd like to hear his thoughts on the subject.

Foreign drivers tend to drive like they did in their country, but this guy stroked

Jabbed.

An old girlfriend of mine, wound up married to a State employee. They had a generous pension plan - thirty years, and out, full benefits, whatever your age.

He did the thirty; being relatively young...mid-fifties...he went trucking. That, and a state pension, would make for a pretty-good living.

He was dead of "Died Suddenly." It's easy to see how it happened - to get into various terminals, use various truck stops or make deliveries, he would have to produce the majik Jab Card.

So he got the Jab. No big deal, right? I don't have TIME for all that conspiracy crap, bud...I got work to do.

I don't know the circumstances - dead in bed, or dead behind the wheel. I am sure it's of a Jab because everyone is mum about the circumstances.

GSR Weekly - Incomplete -> On the rev limiter. This could end up being a tragic break for the metals.

GOLDSILVER_2023-10-03_09-06-38.png

I wonder how much the trucking industry figures were impacted by the Yellow bankruptcy.

Silver Weekly - Incomplete! ---> Cliff hanger, silver done gotta rally to hang onto this!!!!

View attachment 10650
Metals are finished. Buy the dollar. LOL. Seriously though, waiting to see if 20 holds before buying more miners. If not 20 then perhaps 18? Not looking for an exact bottom but close would be nice. You would think any company that uses tons of silver would be buying it up like crazy right about now.

So you got HL close to the 3.40 bottom and SILJ pennies off 8.03 bottom. Those prices were reached last September with Silver at 17.60. The shares took a good hit today not as much as you might think with Silver down so much. I have no clue now at all.

I wish Mujahideen would have come over from GIM2.
With Goldhedge dropping in several postings regarding trucking I'd like to hear his thoughts on the subject.
Yeah, Muj was a class act IMO...

He had a perspective one could rely upon.

I asked him several times to jump and sadly he declined.

Priced in £ sterling, Im still seeing over £1500 /oz for gold.
When its like it is right now, I look at longer dated charts and remember getting from my ave purchase price of £1000 down to £700 and see the current price as most reassuring.
It would seem to me like a time to buy or at least get ready to buy.

I try not to think about silver though, as we apparently still hold on for that moment when we 'break the morgue' ......
now down to its last $3.3 trillion :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom