The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Long term SILJ series of lower highs. Silver down close to 3 bucks off last week's high in the after market yesterday. Question is was yesterday a good buyable double bottom or do we see high 6's or even a move back down to the 2020 lows? Closer to 0 the better the risk/reward is.

FWIW:
More (incl. charts):

More:

S&P 500 daily chart.

I mean you can eyeball some areas of potential support, but nothing is really a given at this point.

[So.]

AGAUD Mometum crossed +ve today, normally that is within a week of AGUSD bottoming and going +ve. Toady it was smaller in the USD but coincident. ROC also maxed out downside to levels that typically indicate a low. IMO there is a trade in silver here and now, in the least a bounce. JMO DYODD and use stops etc!

I've had these line for a while... I think ~ 4179 is about the level to buy this.

View attachment 10659
Not strictly technical, but this feels like it might have some downward momentum.

[I mean look at 10 year yield. This feels (there's that word again) a tad serious.]

[Of course I don't trade on feelings, so just sharing some thoughts I guess. Uh, I meant feelings.]

Oh yeah, this might just be a short trade into a lower high, but I think @ the least it will bounce.

USDX is in correction territory on its indicators. Today looked like a toppy candle... but we have been here before recently.

Thinking a bounce. Nothing goes straight down.

Hunt on Silver.

Given the current setup, silver tends to resolve a couple of ways from this sort of action, comes back hard or slides slowly another $1 or so into the final low. Given that tall wick that got smashed recently, I suspect that there is buying pressure here. It all hinges on the strength of the hands down here!

Silver OI is starting to roll off for December, the year-end rally, IMO, is driven by the paper roll off into the year's biggest delivery month. First they squeeze the loose juice, then the price comes back. At the moment, the guessing game is how much loose juice is there?

Neither the funds nor the commercials are in extreme positions, historically speaking. We've gone both ways for these sorts of levels.

There should be a bounce here at the least...

[I mean look at 10 year yield. This feels (there's that word again) a tad serious.]

[Of course I don't trade on feelings, so just sharing some thoughts I guess. Uh, I meant feelings.]

The ten year is at momentum levels that it has corrected from this past year or so... so there is that.

He's right, it is a doom loop and given current tax receipts etc the only answer is increasing monetisation.

Hello, Wall Street? Wall Street? Are you there, Wall Street?

So I'm guessing Armstrong was wrong with his buy Gold by July prediction. Might be a good idea to unplug the computer and plug it back in.

Dines never sold his Uranium stocks. Follow any guru at your peril.

Uranium is starting to get interesting. More down please. DNN c.$1.37-$1.40. Something like that next week the week after maybe.

PM's slip sliding away...

More ammo for the Fed to justify higher for longer

EXK just decimated. Cut in nearly half in just 10 weeks, while silver went from $25 to $21. What a steep decline!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…