The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Been watching Hunt for a few years now. I didn't watch this but what he said was that if you own Silver you will be very wrong then very right. That about it? Goin on 3 years now.

No not really. Though he did turn the end of the video into a bit of an add. So feel free to cut that early.

The silver anaylsis was pretty good. Same Cup and handle setup as Gold but not nearly as developed. Gold is ready to pop that formation but silver will just retest it at $47 for the triple top and pull back to $34 ish before going to break it and likely catch up to gold breakout and hit ~$100.

Huge Head and Shoulder potential formation on Au/Ag ratio. Neckline at 65.

Another great video from Rafi and he shows pretty much the same formation as we have all seen as well. Except he noticed that the first high back in 2011 is right here and might be acting as support now for this blast through the triple top.

Oh and the Main takeaway... Higher Interest Rates now are going to drive HIGHER Inflation/consumer prices.

Weird. My Weekend Trend Trader stock scanner returned 4 buy signals.

All 4 are cryptocurrency mining companies.

[Monday, I buy WULF.]

[By the way, WULF is chosen because I only have 1 open position, and WULF is the most volatile of the bunch. We want stocks that *move*.]

WTT_07072023.jpg

Last edited:
Weird. My Weekend Trend Trader stock scanner returned 4 buy signals.

All 4 are cryptocurrency mining companies.

[Monday, I buy WULF.]

[By the way, WULF is chosen because I only have 1 open position, and WULF is the most volatile of the bunch. We want stocks that *move*.]

View attachment 9189
I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

WULF weekly chart - view #1

[See it's so cheap!]

WULF_2023-07-07_18-29-26.png

WULF weekly chart - view #2

[See it's so expensive!]

WULF_2023-07-07_18-31-18.png

"It was in 2001, with the signing of the Declaration on the Establishment of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), that the Eurasian intergovernmental organisation established itself in the current form. India became an observer at SCO in 2005 and a full member in 2017. The year 2002 saw the first meeting of foreign ministers under the Russia-India-China (RIC) plurilateral, with annual meetings beginning from 2007. The idea of BRICS (originally BRIC) was floated by Jim O’Neill in 2001 but the first summit meeting took place only in 2009, with South Africa joining the group in 2010."

"It was in 2001, with the signing of the Declaration on the Establishment of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), that the Eurasian intergovernmental organisation established itself in the current form. India became an observer at SCO in 2005 and a full member in 2017. The year 2002 saw the first meeting of foreign ministers under the Russia-India-China (RIC) plurilateral, with annual meetings beginning from 2007. The idea of BRICS (originally BRIC) was floated by Jim O’Neill in 2001 but the first summit meeting took place only in 2009, with South Africa joining the group in 2010."

The fed, eco ect don't see this coming? umm ok.. LOL. At least he admits that you won't be able to walk in and exchange your currency for gold. So that being the case, you just have another worthless currency. The US could also come out and say our currency is back by rhodium but you cant redeem anything for the real deal.
So how will the braces gold backing work? Any info out there? Will they limit the amount of currency to the amount of gold on hand in each country? China has 2000 tonnes of gold. Thats about 128 billion at 2000 an oz. If they only had 1 billion people in China that would work out to 128 dollars each. Not a very large economy. So of course this won't be a 1 to 1 conversion with a dollar. It will be fractional reserve banking but with gold in the mix somewhere. Eventually it will implode because they will expand the credit markets to much same as they are doing around the world now.

The fed, eco ect don't see this coming? umm ok.. LOL. At least he admits that you won't be able to walk in and exchange your currency for gold. So that being the case, you just have another worthless currency. The US could also come out and say our currency is back by rhodium but you cant redeem anything for the real deal.
So how will the braces gold backing work? Any info out there? Will they limit the amount of currency to the amount of gold on hand in each country? China has 2000 tonnes of gold. Thats about 128 billion at 2000 an oz. If they only had 1 billion people in China that would work out to 128 dollars each. Not a very large economy. So of course this won't be a 1 to 1 conversion with a dollar. It will be fractional reserve banking but with gold in the mix somewhere. Eventually it will implode because they will expand the credit markets to much same as they are doing around the world now.
The fed, Ecb ect don't see this coming? umm ok.. LOL. At least he admits that you won't be able to walk in and exchange your currency for gold. So that being the case, you just have another worthless currency. The US could also come out and say our currency is backed by rhodium but you cant redeem anything for the real deal.
So how will the brics gold backing work? Any info out there? Will they limit the amount of currency to the amount of gold on hand in each country? China has 2000 tonnes of gold. Thats about 128 billion at 2000 an oz. If they only had 1 billion people in China that would work out to 128 dollars each. Not a very large economy. So of course this won't be a 1 to 1 conversion with a dollar. It will be fractional reserve banking but with gold in the mix somewhere. Eventually it will implode because they will expand the credit markets to much same as they are doing around the world now.
Had to fix the typos. Sometimes I hate autocorrect.

Moving right along. A guy will represent the Netherlands in Miss Universe. According to Joe Biden either the President or the Prime Minister of the Netherlands has resigned.

This is Armstrong's panic week. Might not be a bad idea to add to miners this week.

BItcoin (the one trading at a stupid high price) is bought and paid for manipulation. Just helped suck capital away from you know where, real money.

Speaking of those, the miners had a really good bounce today while the PM's themselves did little. Gold and silver both had the usual opening smackdown but a V-recovery. All in all did not change much to affect the miners moving as much as they did. Let's see if silver prices actually have a good move the next day or two.

That explains a lot.

FWIW - Vanguard Global Capital Cycles Fund Investor Shares (VGPMX) cycles into and out of gold related stuff. Currently 46.6B market cap and has been as highs as 75% gold related. It is always a minimum of 25% precious metals and mining securities.

Currently NAV is ~12B x 25% gives a minimum of 3B in "gold"... if you take market cap (45/46B), which BTC followers most assuredly would, its closer to 12B in 'gold'.

Today it's 9.83% in Barrick alone as it's top holding and 2.78% in Anglo American @ #9. On current NAV those two are ~1.5B worth.

So...

Meh.

This is Armstrong's panic week. Might not be a bad idea to add to miners this week.

Gold stock panic or General Mayhem?

cartoon-army-general-happy-illustration-expression-119601553.jpg

Looks like a lot of people are looking for one more really good flush in the metals from here. I dunno. You probably would have been happy paying $9.50 for SILJ 3 years ago. More upside than downside I think. By a mile.

Looks like a lot of people are looking for one more really good flush in the metals from here. I dunno. You probably would have been happy paying $9.50 for SILJ 3 years ago. More upside than downside I think. By a mile.

Most people are mostly wrong...

It'd be fun to have hard numbers on this stuff, you'd make a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Before...
1689117699013.png
After...
1689117718244.png

Being prez seems to kick everyone's ass to the curb. Trump is about the only one that looks similar but he seems to use makeup.

Biden started old, the only place he has to go is a coffin.

If he runs again I'd say that no one else with any prospective political future wants the job. I'd also guess that they have his nuts so firmly locked in a vice that he can't decline being puppet in chief for, I hesitate to say another term, as long as he is on the outside of a coffin.

We all know that the machine is running the show... the question is what is their next move.

This is going to be a highly entertaining election cycle in a terrifying way. Given the magnitude of the last shit show this one will be an epic for the ages.

I hate to say it but it kinda looks like 'the machine' is shooting for dictatorship. I fully expect the gloves to be off in what will be a fight for survival. I'd would not blink if they try and off Trump. Hell I'm so CYNICAL these days I'd even consider the idea that this whole trip has been designed to give Trump extreme levels of support and install him as the dictatorial head fighting the corrupt 'woke army'. Remember that most ALL dictators are installed with overwhelming support. Is Trump a Trojan Horse?

What the hell happened to young, dynamic, principled politicians that believed in the USA? Oh, right, they shot the last one didn't they...

All just my cynical old opinion!

Naturally.

Still... it will be a show that you won't want to miss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom