Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1966.....#3 U.S. Billboard Hot 100, #4 U.S. Cash Box Top 100, #17 UK Singles Chart, #6 Canada, #20 Australia, #2 New Zealan

Lost footage of the Easybeats during their first performance on BBC's Top of the Pops has been found after 55 years. Australian painter Lucy Culliton discovered it while sorting through the belongings of her late father, former television director Tony Culliton, at the family’s home in the Blue Mountains. Hiding at the back of a shelf were a handful of reel-to-reel audio tapes – one was marked ‘Easybeats print – Friday On My Mind’. The survival rate of 1960s Top of the Pops editions remains extremely low. Of the 315 episodes produced from 1964 to the end of the decade, only five complete episodes are understood to have survived. The National Film and Sound Archive has now digitally scanned the 16mm film. Friday on My Mind was the Easybeats’ third Australian No 1 and charted heavily in Europe and the US. More than 100 artists have since covered the song, including David Bowie

Lost footage of the Easybeats during their first performance on BBC's Top of the Pops has been found after 55 years.
Really cool.

I remember this tune. These guys were really into their music. Great arrangement too!

wiki
Lead singer Stevie Wright started a solo career and had a number one Australian hit with "Evie" in 1974; he died in 2015 after lengthy battles with drugs and alcohol and years of poor health. Guitarists Vanda and Young continued as a songwriting and producing duo and produced several albums by AC/DC; Young died in 2017. During their six-year run, they scored 15 top 40 hits in Australia, including "She's So Fine" and "Women (Make You Feel Alright)", with number-one hits including "Friday on My Mind" and "Sorry". They reunited for a tour in 1986. In 2005, they were inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Yes, "Roundabout", live in Vienna 🇩đŸ‡č, 11MAY2024​

25 or 6 to 4 – Chicago (Leonid & Friends сover)​

The Iconic Drumming Behind “Give Blood” | Pete Townshend Song Breakdown​

The Who’s Pete Townshend accidentally wrote one of the biggest drum songs of the ‘80s.

Townshend’s “Give Blood” was the result of a misscheduled recording session that saw Toto’s Simon Phillips and Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour in the same studio. Fearlessly creative, Townshend put together “Give Blood” on the spot – and Phillips’ drumming stole the show.

Simon Phillips’ performance on “Give Blood” earned him a “Best Recorded Performance” from Modern Drummer in the year of its release, 1985. And it’s easy to see (hear?) why

“Give Blood” features a tasty ghost note groove over the verses and a beautifully syncopated ride bell & tom pattern over the B section – something only an open-handed drumming expert like Simon Phillips could pull off.

In this video, you’ll hear the complete story behind Pete Townshend’s “Give Blood” straight from the original drummer, Simon Phillips, as well as a performance & breakdown of the masterful drum part.

Lesson Index:
0:00 – Intro
0:10 -- "Give Blood" First Playthrough
2:33 -- Drum Breakdown & History
4:39 -- Sheet Music Explanation
9:56 -- "Give Blood" Final Playthrough

These peeps are pretty good.

Low Darts' studio cover of Reelin' In the Years by Steely Dan, recorded in Colman's basement studio. We're based in Fairfield, CT, aged 15–19.

The Low Darts' studio cover of Rosanna by TOTO, recorded in Colman's basement studio. We're based in Fairfield, CT aged 17–21 at the time of recording (ft. a 13-year-old on baritone sax!)

Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest covered by Timeless, in Providence Rhode Island.

'GYPSY' ( FLEETWOOD MAC ) Performed by The Hindley Street Country Club featuring Pina Del Re

‘Take The Long Way Home’ (SUPERTRAMP) Cover Performed by The HSCC featuring Brad Polain

Footsteps in the Dark - Pt. 1 & 2 (The Isley Brothers) | Lexington Lab Band​

The Low Darts' studio cover of My Old School by Steely Dan, recorded in Colman's basement studio. We're based in Fairfield, CT aged 15–19.

Steely Dan's "Time Out Of Mind" performed by GOOD STUFF live at Tim McLoone's Supper Club Asbury Park, NJ May 21, 2023

The Low Darts' studio cover of My Old School by Steely Dan, recorded in Colman's basement studio. We're based in Fairfield, CT aged 15–19.
I really applaud the Low Darts since you brought them to my attention. If they only had a paypal account, I would add to it. They are great.

It was in the '80s that a friend introduced me to Steely Dan and They Might Be Giants. I bought both of their current CDs. Now, decades later, I hate Steely Dan and regret buying the CD. My wife seems to like it. Argh!

For reference, I love almost everything from that era. Asia, Alabama, Berlin, Boston, CCR, Eagles, Fogelberg, and most of the rest of the alphabet. Obviously ending with ZZtop. TV dinners was really funny.

I guess the only performer I can really object to is Joe Cocker. Many performers are not great, but he destroys songs. He is a song slayer. When he dies, I hope he thinks about the damage he has done to music.

Going back to the topic of the Low Darts, I cried watching their performances, they were so good. I would like to contribute somehow.

I guess the only performer I can really object to is Joe Cocker. Many performers are not great, but he destroys songs. He is a song slayer. When he dies, I hope he thinks about the damage he has done to music.
John Robert "Joe" Cocker OBE (20 May 1944 – 22 December 2014) was an English singer known for his gritty, bluesy voice and dynamic stage performances that featured expressive body movements.

I really applaud the Low Darts since you brought them to my attention. If they only had a paypal account, I would add to it. They are great.

It was in the '80s that a friend introduced me to Steely Dan and They Might Be Giants. I bought both of their current CDs. Now, decades later, I hate Steely Dan and regret buying the CD. My wife seems to like it. Argh!

For reference, I love almost everything from that era. Asia, Alabama, Berlin, Boston, CCR, Eagles, Fogelberg, and most of the rest of the alphabet. Obviously ending with ZZtop. TV dinners was really funny.

Going back to the topic of the Low Darts, I cried watching their performances, they were so good. I would like to contribute somehow.

Glad you enjoy some of my music. Here's some links to Low Darts:

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LowDarts/videos

You can help them here: https://account.venmo.com/u/thelowdarts

I found the link below their Rosanna video on youtube.

Here's another link: https://linktr.ee/lowdarts

Was watching a video on Youtube and saw this video listed on the right hand side of the (PC) screen. I've watched it before, but couldn't help myself from clicking on it again. I didn't intend to watch the whole thing - I just wanted a taste of SRV (no doubt thanks to @nickndfl planting the brain worm), but it's just too damn good to turn off:

I used to think this song was about a literal rain storm, but in watching SRV's performance again today, I am beginning to think it's a metaphor for an emotional storm roiling inside him because his woman is dissing him. Near the end, when the band stops and the tempo slows way down, it's like the emotional storm has stopped and he's having some clarity of thought. Then when he plays the guitar behind his back, that's actually a representation of his thoughts about going back home or turning his back on his woman.

Bruce Springsteen Dancing In The Dark by Allie Sherlock

dancing in the dark - bruce springsteen & the e street band live 88

Leon Bibb "They Call The Wind Maria" on The Ed Sullivan Show, March 10, 1963.

Donovan & Crystal Gayle - Catch The Wind​

Teach your Children - Crosby, Stills and Nash 1970​

Jackson Browne “Take It Easy” (Live with The Eagles and Linda Ronstadt)​

Music video by Randy Meisner performing Hearts On Fire. (C) 1980

Black Betty (Ram Jam) | Lexington Lab Band​

"You're the One" is a song by Petula Clark with lyrics by Tony Hatch, recorded in 1965. It was later also included on the 1965 album I Know a Place. "You're the One" was a Top 30 hit on the UK Singles Chart for Clark, but was more successful as a top ten US single release by The Vogues.

'Reach Out I'll Be There' (Four Tops) by Sing it Live​

'Young Hearts Run Free' (Candi Staton) by Sing it Live​

Africa ( Trumpet) cover by Edison Bartolay

Chantays performing their hit song PIPELINE in '63

Saturday Night Beech-Nut Show. August 27, 1960

Help Me Rhonda performed live on The Andy Williams Show - October 22, 1965

I initially uploaded this a few months back, albeit shorter and with a watermarked video source. I decided to upload this again, this time featuring my own edit of a new unwatermarked source and the inclusion of the intro, which contains a short run-through of California Girls and Andy Williams' introduction.

'Get Into the Groove' (Madonna) by Sing it Live​

Samantha Fox & Sabrina - CALL ME​

Live in Saint-Petersburg, Legends of Retro FM

‘Sweetest Taboo’ (SADE) Cover Performed by The HSCC featuring Kat Jade

Back
Top Bottom