The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I agree, pretty much spot on. They should get you on an episode. Your every bit as good as they are with your charting abilities.

Yeah, I'd never make any claim to fame there, I'm probable average at best in the crowd that are serious, they just don't tend to play in the gold space. Thanks for the sentiment. :cool:

I'm noticing two things on YouTube of late...

1. The algo is throwing way more gold/silver stuff at me all of a sudden.

2. YouTubers are mentioning/complaining that earnings from the platform have hit the wall and are declining.

Curious if you think that actually means anything?

I dunno, my viewing hasn't changed that much. Maybe there is more gold content, I'm seeing stuff I've not found before. Maybe an algo tweak is actually working better? Maybe more people are looking for and watching it? (best case!)

I'm not seeing Gold and Silver on YT. Music and tin foil stuff mostly.

I often wonder it location has much to do with it. When the election stuff was on I was getting recommendations for content that US people were flagging as being shadow-banned, omitted from search etc... yet I had no issues. It seems to be the way it works, they are more interested in controlling your viewing than mine... USA local, after all.

I get mostly naked college cheerleaders.

Hmmmmmm... special interest?

Last edited:

Chemically Synthesized Life

China’s leading genetic science company, BGI Genomics, which has been blacklisted by the U.S. government as a "Chinese military company operating in the United States," asserted on its official website that it could provide a wide range of complete gene synthesis services, including artificially designed DNA sequences.

In 2017, Wang Jian, co-founder and chairman of BGI, said at a business conference, "We can chemically synthesize any life in the next 5 to 10 years," Chinese state media The Paper reported.

As for chemically synthesized life, Wang Jian warned that it would spawn social, ethical, religious, philosophical, and legal problems.

Technology running ahead of an ethical legal framework... or in one party regime with a goal of total compliance, might just be an issue.

Holy Crap... imagine the possibilities here.

I dunno, my viewing hasn't changed that much. Maybe there is more gold content, I'm seeing stuff I've not found before. Maybe an algo tweak is actually working better? Maybe more people are looking for and watching it? (best case!)

I often wonder it location has much to do with it. When the election stuff was on I was getting recommendations for content that US people were flagging as being shadow-banned, omitted from search etc... yet I had no issues. It seems to be the way it works, they are more interested in controlling your viewing than mine... USA local, after all.

Hmmmmmm... special interest?
I tend to listen to music on YT and watch a lot of the stuff about the elections Ukraine that kind of thing. If I watch something else entirely their algo pops up with a bunch of that kind of thing. HVAC that kind of stuff. Seems pretty fluid for me.

Trump indictments have taken over the news cycle no more aliens no more coke in the White House. They displaced people in Hawaii with God knows what. What's next? Not that again!

Too far into the lie to admit to themselves that they have been fooled

While I watch the US government abuse its legal system to avoid standing against a very popular opponent.

It's not the politics I mind so much as the perversion of the system to meet a small group of people's ends. It amazes me that people are onboard with the abuses, too far into the lie...

Government has gotten too big. It has to blow up. I might get lucky and live long enough to get to the other side this is going to be painful the last 3 years have just been a trial run. Indicting a President for doing the same things others have done before him. Fcking crazy it is.

That's going to be volume 11 until they get him IMO... just by decree, cause nothing else is going on, right?
If it is possible Trump needs to take this to the Supreme Court and win. Because if they can get away with doing this then there is no hope for any of us.

If it is possible Trump needs to take this to the Supreme Court and win. Because if they can get away with doing this then there is no hope for any of us.
Having your political opponent arrested is a sure sign that, if we're not already there, we're certainly well on our way to third world status.
I'm curious what others think....

When did the U.S. cross the Rubicon and become a third world nation? What event marked the departure?

Or...
Are we not there?
Are we not headed there?
I'd like to read opinions.

Definitely 3rd World since the lawn chair was installed. Started to accelerate when they placed the Closet Gay in the WH for 2 consecutive terms.

Been around the block a little too young for Viet Nam saw some wild $hit lived through the riots in Newark. Nam drugs all that. Some crazy times but overall fairly normal. Even with Klintone in the WH it wasn't too bad but what's going on now is fcking nuts. Old enough to remember diving under the desks in the late '50's and huddling in the school hallways waiting for the Russian nukes to fly. $hit you got going on now is like WTF?

Mental cases and straight up dumb marthafuckers in control cross dressers homos lesbians cis this cis that pronouns man this is off the rails. You got the President of Russia sounding like Ike and we got a freakin vegetable to deal with. :)

I think it's been a long slow decline, just of late things seemed to accelerate, but then T has been the only real outsider to threaten the club and expose just how deep it all is. If all he manages to do is to clean that swamp up, it will be a great thing. I can quibble with many of his ideas, but really that is the only thing that really matters. It may not be achievable, I don't know that makes you third world... maybe the first, first world banana republic. Given the effort that went into stealing 20 I've no doubt there will be a bigger effort to keep 24, so I doubt that the swamp is getting cleaned anytime soon. One way or another, T faces big hurdles here.

Who knows, it's the US it is truly unique in its own way as China and Russia are. It's just not what is says on the can!

Having your political opponent arrested is a sure sign that, if we're not already there, we're certainly well on our way to third world status.

When did the U.S. cross the Rubicon and become a third world nation? What event marked the departure?

Or...
Are we not there?
Are we not headed there?
I'd like to read opinions.
Sitting here thinking about this realize I need a cigar. My reply is probably going to be a long one. LOL. I'll be back. :)

The burning question on everyones mind is obviously, what cigar did I light? LMAO. Cohiba Siglo IV from 2020.

Zed is correct. it's been a long slow decline. Then on occasion there is a major issue that becomes a game changer. Obviously the latest iteration of that is the indictment of Trump. Win or lose, it shows that if the feds target you, you are toast. Very few can defend against the state or federal Gov. This is not the country our founders envisioned thats for sure.

So really how far back do we go? Others will know historical facts that I am unaware of but I can give you my perspective.
Other than watching some time period documentaries, mostly on youtube, I don't have much understanding of the 17 and 1800's. This channel has some good documentaries. https://www.youtube.com/@LionHeartFilmWorks/videos One in particular from the 1980's is a mini series on George Washington that I thought was very good. Of course your getting one perspective in any of these documentaries so it's always best to watch as many as you can to get a better picture as well as different perspectives.

So I will start with the early 1900's. In particular the one thing that really changed it all was the federal reserve act. Before this was enacted the American dream was to work hard and build a great life for you and your family(If you had one) This was possible because you went to work and didn't pay tax on money you earned from working for someone else. You worked hard, you kept your money and were free to do with it what you wanted. Many started their own businesses and bought land and built a home.
At that time gold and silver were circulating as money. Growth was, in a way, hindered by lack of monetary supply. If congress needed money they had to borrow it from other governments or bankers. They could also apportion it through taxes but that was a more difficult process. Congress had to go to the states and say we have this much of a need to get to our budgetary goals this year. Then the states had to go to citizens and say, hey we need all of you to chip in 1 dollar each to send to the feds. (This was based on the census which determined population and each states level of contributions.) So if the feds wanted to build a railroad to go across country they could go to the people and impose a tax. probably wouldn't get much pushback on it as people would see it as a worthy cause. However if they came to the people and said we need money to do transgender studies, the people could theoretically rise up at the state level and tell them to pound sand. So, essentially the federal budget was in the hands of the people. The people had the real power in the US still.
Well, that all changed with the federal reserve act. Now congress could go directly to the federal reserve and request money from them. However, they still had to use the power of apportionment to tax people in order to pay that back. They tried to do a direct tax on peoples wages in the late 1800's. In 1895 there was a court case (POLK) that shot down a direct tax.
Then came the 16th Amendment which many feel skirted the POLK decision of 1895. The 1st issue there is that the 16th wasn't properly ratified (It was railroaded through on xmas eve IIRC) The 2nd issue is the SC has stated that the 16th gave congress no new power of taxation. So if they couldn't tax it prior to the 16th then they didn't get some new power to tax it afterwards.

I could write about taxation for a long time but will move on. The federal reserve act was basically the game changer of the last century. It removed power from the people and put it in the hands of the politicians. Things have never been the same. In the 1940's there was a special war tax imposed and that basically got everyone on board to start paying taxes from their pay.
Many smaller events leadings up to the 1960's and JFK's assassination. At this point I think most probably speculate that it was the CIA that did it. My guess is this is when the deep state took control. Think about it. To this day the warren commission report is still classified. Why? How is it this country didn't revolt back then and demand answers as to who killed our President?

Anyway, 8 years later Nixon temporarily took us off the gold standard. I'm not so sure the President has that power anymore than Biden has the power to eliminate student debt. Yet here we stand under a temporary order to get off the gold standard. Ever wonder why no president has ever rescinded that order? Every President since then has probably been deep state except for possibly Carter. Reagan had Bush (Ex CIA) as VP. Then Bush, then the rapist Clinton. Then the 2nd dumbest President ever, Bush2. Then out of nowhere we get the Kenyan elected? I am still in awe over that one. Wanted to fundamentally change America and he did.

Getting ahead of myself a little there because with the Clintons in office and selling the Chinese our nuclear trigger info as well as sending our manufacturing base to china) that was another fundamental moment in American history. Globalization was going to be great for the world until 2020 when it turns out globalization isn't so great when they shut down the world.

Ok then we get Obama. I still have no idea how he became president. Never heard of the guy. Just woke up one morning and there he was, our President. Thought I woke up in some alternate reality. So many illegal activities and usurpation of the constitution that I am still in awe that no-one called him out on it which really just proves ever politician is in on it or controlled by CIA.

Then they fucked up and let Trump get elected. Everyone thought he would be a game changer and finally right the wrongs that were coming out of DC. By 2018 I wrote on th other forum that he was finished and they had gotten to him somehow. His tone had changed and he ended up doing nothing to clean up the swamp. Now he doesn't even talk about doing that anymore. his main platform is the border. A good issue but certainly not the most pressing of our time.

Then Covid and 2020 hit. It let the world know that a few wealthy powerful individuals can truly shut down the planet. Now thats truly some amazing power play shit right there. These fuckers were sitting in a room someplace and one of them spoke up during a shit talking session and said I bet you 1 dollar in silver that I can shut the whole world down. Probably got laughed at but everyone else took the bet. We know how that turned out. Dude cashed in on that one.

So after that another one of them guys says "hey I will find the 2 most unelectable people in the history of the planet and get them elected" So we then got the current President and VP. People forget the outrage they had when the Presidents brother went to Iraq to rebuild a shit load of homes for multimillions of dollars and then need up building 1 house. He was somehow able to buy a 50 million dollar place on an island though. Sold that right before or right after the election. Then BJ Kamala bring the black vote. The same Blacks she helped keep in prison when she was in Ca.
You could not make this shit up to be this insane yet here we are living in clown world.
Some say we crossed the rubicon by going after a political opponent. Maybe, maybe not. More than likely this is the pone and only time it will be used. We won't have to worry about it again since our elections are now rigged. Just need trump out of the way in 2024 so it doesn't appear so obvious.

Anyway, those are the major pivotal moments in American history for the last 100 years or so as I see them. Yes there are many other events like the new deal and a bunch of illegal wars that were never declared by congress. At every one of these moments Americans should have shut this country down until the feds backed off. They didn't. And thats why I feel this country is toast. No one will stand up for anything. No one cares about freedom. Everyone wants to bitch about how bad things are and then keep electing the same morons that are making things so bad for them.

ok rant over for now.

The burning question on everyones mind is obviously, what cigar did I light? LMAO. Cohiba Siglo IV from 2020.

Zed is correct. it's been a long slow decline. Then on occasion there is a major issue that becomes a game changer. Obviously the latest iteration of that is the indictment of Trump. Win or lose, it shows that if the feds target you, you are toast. Very few can defend against the state or federal Gov. This is not the country our founders envisioned thats for sure.

So really how far back do we go? Others will know historical facts that I am unaware of but I can give you my perspective.
Other than watching some time period documentaries, mostly on youtube, I don't have much understanding of the 17 and 1800's. This channel has some good documentaries. https://www.youtube.com/@LionHeartFilmWorks/videos One in particular from the 1980's is a mini series on George Washington that I thought was very good. Of course your getting one perspective in any of these documentaries so it's always best to watch as many as you can to get a better picture as well as different perspectives.

So I will start with the early 1900's. In particular the one thing that really changed it all was the federal reserve act. Before this was enacted the American dream was to work hard and build a great life for you and your family(If you had one) This was possible because you went to work and didn't pay tax on money you earned from working for someone else. You worked hard, you kept your money and were free to do with it what you wanted. Many started their own businesses and bought land and built a home.
At that time gold and silver were circulating as money. Growth was, in a way, hindered by lack of monetary supply. If congress needed money they had to borrow it from other governments or bankers. They could also apportion it through taxes but that was a more difficult process. Congress had to go to the states and say we have this much of a need to get to our budgetary goals this year. Then the states had to go to citizens and say, hey we need all of you to chip in 1 dollar each to send to the feds. (This was based on the census which determined population and each states level of contributions.) So if the feds wanted to build a railroad to go across country they could go to the people and impose a tax. probably wouldn't get much pushback on it as people would see it as a worthy cause. However if they came to the people and said we need money to do transgender studies, the people could theoretically rise up at the state level and tell them to pound sand. So, essentially the federal budget was in the hands of the people. The people had the real power in the US still.
Well, that all changed with the federal reserve act. Now congress could go directly to the federal reserve and request money from them. However, they still had to use the power of apportionment to tax people in order to pay that back. They tried to do a direct tax on peoples wages in the late 1800's. In 1895 there was a court case (POLK) that shot down a direct tax.
Then came the 16th Amendment which many feel skirted the POLK decision of 1895. The 1st issue there is that the 16th wasn't properly ratified (It was railroaded through on xmas eve IIRC) The 2nd issue is the SC has stated that the 16th gave congress no new power of taxation. So if they couldn't tax it prior to the 16th then they didn't get some new power to tax it afterwards.

I could write about taxation for a long time but will move on. The federal reserve act was basically the game changer of the last century. It removed power from the people and put it in the hands of the politicians. Things have never been the same. In the 1940's there was a special war tax imposed and that basically got everyone on board to start paying taxes from their pay.
Many smaller events leadings up to the 1960's and JFK's assassination. At this point I think most probably speculate that it was the CIA that did it. My guess is this is when the deep state took control. Think about it. To this day the warren commission report is still classified. Why? How is it this country didn't revolt back then and demand answers as to who killed our President?

Anyway, 8 years later Nixon temporarily took us off the gold standard. I'm not so sure the President has that power anymore than Biden has the power to eliminate student debt. Yet here we stand under a temporary order to get off the gold standard. Ever wonder why no president has ever rescinded that order? Every President since then has probably been deep state except for possibly Carter. Reagan had Bush (Ex CIA) as VP. Then Bush, then the rapist Clinton. Then the 2nd dumbest President ever, Bush2. Then out of nowhere we get the Kenyan elected? I am still in awe over that one. Wanted to fundamentally change America and he did.

Getting ahead of myself a little there because with the Clintons in office and selling the Chinese our nuclear trigger info as well as sending our manufacturing base to china) that was another fundamental moment in American history. Globalization was going to be great for the world until 2020 when it turns out globalization isn't so great when they shut down the world.

Ok then we get Obama. I still have no idea how he became president. Never heard of the guy. Just woke up one morning and there he was, our President. Thought I woke up in some alternate reality. So many illegal activities and usurpation of the constitution that I am still in awe that no-one called him out on it which really just proves ever politician is in on it or controlled by CIA.

Then they fucked up and let Trump get elected. Everyone thought he would be a game changer and finally right the wrongs that were coming out of DC. By 2018 I wrote on th other forum that he was finished and they had gotten to him somehow. His tone had changed and he ended up doing nothing to clean up the swamp. Now he doesn't even talk about doing that anymore. his main platform is the border. A good issue but certainly not the most pressing of our time.

Then Covid and 2020 hit. It let the world know that a few wealthy powerful individuals can truly shut down the planet. Now thats truly some amazing power play shit right there. These fuckers were sitting in a room someplace and one of them spoke up during a shit talking session and said I bet you 1 dollar in silver that I can shut the whole world down. Probably got laughed at but everyone else took the bet. We know how that turned out. Dude cashed in on that one.

So after that another one of them guys says "hey I will find the 2 most unelectable people in the history of the planet and get them elected" So we then got the current President and VP. People forget the outrage they had when the Presidents brother went to Iraq to rebuild a shit load of homes for multimillions of dollars and then need up building 1 house. He was somehow able to buy a 50 million dollar place on an island though. Sold that right before or right after the election. Then BJ Kamala bring the black vote. The same Blacks she helped keep in prison when she was in Ca.
You could not make this shit up to be this insane yet here we are living in clown world.
Some say we crossed the rubicon by going after a political opponent. Maybe, maybe not. More than likely this is the pone and only time it will be used. We won't have to worry about it again since our elections are now rigged. Just need trump out of the way in 2024 so it doesn't appear so obvious.

Anyway, those are the major pivotal moments in American history for the last 100 years or so as I see them. Yes there are many other events like the new deal and a bunch of illegal wars that were never declared by congress. At every one of these moments Americans should have shut this country down until the feds backed off. They didn't. And thats why I feel this country is toast. No one will stand up for anything. No one cares about freedom. Everyone wants to bitch about how bad things are and then keep electing the same morons that are making things so bad for them.

ok rant over for now.
Great post. I know that I really know shit when it comes to a deep dive on my country's history. Still, I have some perspective. I think we were doing alright as we threw our energy into winning world war II. Somehow the creation of the CIA and the deep state along with the cold war and the domino theory really got us turned down the wrong path. The CIA operations division went totally rogue and then became mainstream. JFK tried to right some of the wrongs that he saw connected to that, and he paid for it with his life. We haven't looked back since. It is like a graph of US debt. Things started out slow and now are snowballing with ferocious intensity. Strap in and hang on to your hats...

Actually you can go back to the War of Northern Aggression. This nonsense in Ukraine is important lots of other things are too but open borders is one of if not the biggest problem. Europe will become unrecognizable and the US will become that too.

Back
Top Bottom