The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

EXK just decimated. Cut in nearly half in just 10 weeks, while silver went from $25 to $21. What a steep decline!

View attachment 10667
Makes no sense when every green manufacturer out there needs silver to produce solar panels and EV's. Unless of course they short the heck out of it to buy physical cheap. I'm sure they can use JPM to handle things for them.
I've also recently tripled my position size with them. Take it down to a buck and I'll do it again.

Newmont is the bellwether of the gold miners. Currently looks ultra bearish, complete failure of the support line.

However if NEM can get back above that line this week, I think we have a bottom and reversal. But until then, this breakdown could mean we have months to go before we get any relief in gold.

Yeah it looks pretty bad but when the time comes to buy it ain't gonna look good.

Folks - we have a political forum for political talk. I've moved a bunch of posts from this thread over the last 5 or so pages to a new thread in the political forum:

If you want to share political commentary, jokes, memes, etc. Please share in the appropriate place. Thanks.

Counter-point to the bond market doom cycle:
More:

People keep talking about the “box” in which profligate countries will someday find themselves, where the tools that used to work no longer do and everything falls apart.

Japan might be in that box. After years of soaring government debt and central bank “financial repression” to make that debt manageable, it now finds itself in the following situation:

The collapse in Treasury bonds now ranks among the worst market crashes in history​

• Since March 2020, Treasury bonds with maturities of 10 years or more have plummeted 46%, Bloomberg says.
  • That's just under losses seen in the stock market when the dot-com bubble burst.
  • The bond rout is worse than the one seen in 1981 when the 10-year yield neared 16%
https://markets.businessinsider.com...selloff-market-crashes-dot-com-bubble-2023-10

JPow says, "raise the rates!"

so payrolls increased above expectation and the unemployment rate was higher than expectation .........

Am I missing something ?

Psychotic Tape: Moved to Cash​

Dr. Fly Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:52am EST Leave a comment

I gave it the olde college try, went fully long stocks and was in the rainbow themed parade with the rest of the transgendered bulls — but was disgusted by what I saw and left immediately.

I had only one small hedge, which was SHORT TREASURIES, because Pax Americana is over. Much to my chagrin, at the open of trade my PNL plunged to the tune of 0.75%, so I quickly bought a 20% weighted $SQQQ position and then shot all but one of my longs.

I’m now happy to report my losses are just 19bps for the session, which is a statement itself disgusting. It’s like saying “I only got mugged 3 times living in the big city and my wife and I really love all of the diverse and ethnic foods, really delicious — and oh my favorite food is Jamaican.”

INCORRECT.

I’m not happy at all with being down 19bps and will seek vengeance in short order.

But for now, I’m 95% cash.

Truth Testing Inflation With Reality
The latest from Daniel Amerman
There is a fundamental and mandatory aspect of inflation that most investors do not take into account: one cannot understate inflation without simultaneously overstating inflation-adjusted wealth creation.

As will be explored in this analysis, a very good way of determining whether inflation statistics are accurate is to measure the degree of physical (not market) wealth creation, and see whether it can pass a reasonableness test. This same approach can be used to test the reasonableness of different inflation assumptions, in terms of whether they are too high or too low. Indeed, as demonstrated herein, we can determine a range for actual inflation through comparisons to physical goods creation.

(In the workshop section (below the asterisks), there is a broader discussion of current fast-moving financial events.)

Read the analysis:

http://danielamerman.com/va/ccc/L4TruthTest.html

Weekend Trend Trader just sold UUUU (Energy Fuels Inc) for +3.22% gain.

It closed below the stop loss level of 8.12.

Lots of big green candles today. Looks like a reversal to me but lets see what next week brings. I did start buying call options for Nov based on todays action. Ag and AI. Plenty of time to get a nice pop.

JPow says, "raise the rates!"

I'm starting to think that the crowd that believe this extremely rapid move up in rates has less to do with domestic policy and more to do with 'weaponizing the USD' have a very valid point. The move has the potential to crush competing economies like China and while it will damage the domestic economy, the USA will be FAR better positioned to rise from the ashes in much better shape than its competition. This really looks like economic war at this point. So the day we see China crumble is potentially the day that rates will come off.

Historically, hot wars follow this sort of economic action. Hopefully China will not be able to achieve that.

This may also speak to the Chinese going for full public support of the gold market with this latest move to include gold in everyone's investment universe via the banking platform.

Is this just war?

Yeah, I'm looking a few candles that have that reversal look... I'm just too scared to post anything in case I invite the wrath of the gods.
I bought more junk today Gold and Silver. They just have a sold out look this week. Uranium kicked up off the lows from early this week. I like them if you can withstand a drawdown if the late week surge is reversed.

RIP Jim Sinclair. 82 seems kinda young.

Well, once upon a time it seemed ancient... but these days it seems a tad bit younger. Feels like I will be 82 by next Thursday...?! Years are passing so fast!!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…