What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The Sound Of Silence, 1964 By Simon & Garfunkel. The Graduate, 1967 By Mike Nichols

The Most Famous Mandolin In The World | Full Documentary on Bill Monroe's Gibson F-5​

A documentary about the most famous mandolin in the world... Bill Monroe's Gibson F-5 mandolin invested an entire genre and changed the course of every mandolin that proceeded it.

Featuring interviews from:
- The Queen of Bluegrass, Rhonda Vincent,
- Mandolinist, CJ Lewandowski
- Gibson Master Luthier, David Harvey
- Vintage Instrument Expert, George Gruhn

This features a perfect recreation of Bill Monroe's 1923 Lloyd Loar era Gibson F-5, made 100 years later to the day.

Upside down and backwards

"Washington Blues" and "I'm Going Away" by Elizabeth Cotten (1965)​

Spectral Stereo Conversion by MixerRog / Original video edited and remastered with HQ stereo sound."What Kind of Fool (Do You Think I Am)" is a 1964 single written by Ray Whitley and recorded by The Tams.This track was one of the many hit records recorded at Rick Hall's FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Musicians on this track included Norbert Putnam on bass, Jerry Carrigan on drums, David Briggs on piano, Terry Thompson and Earl "Peanut" Montgomery on guitar, and Jill Shires on flute.

I am slipping this in because it has been in my queue for a long while. I am curious if it has staying power. This was taped single camera by me and Howard Lamden on a warm day in June of 1975 at Trod Nossel Studios in Wallingford, Connecticut for a live broadcast. There was a studio audience on the floor and I believe it went out live on WPLR 99.1 FM in New Haven. We were called in for free by Dick Kalt marketing executive at WPLR who a friend, Michael Smith, not sure but may have contacted. The Beau Brummels had re-formed in 1974 with the five member original line up. They had released a self titled studio album on Warner Brothers in April 1975 with original member Ron Meagher who left during production. On this tour appearance he was replaced by Daniel Levitt. I shot the main camera and Howard shot cutaways on another 1/2” reel to reel some of which may be in this edit. Audio was a feed from the mixing board and maybe mono on this tape. Laugh, Laugh, was from their first album written by Ron Elliott. We taped ten songs most of them from the 1975 album. Limitations of single camera and video audio glitches are evident.

In Rehearsal: Sutton Foster Sings "Anything Goes"​

The Low Darts' studio cover of Scenes from an Italian Restaurant by ‪@billyjoel‬ (Billy Joel) was recorded in Colman's basement. We're based in Fairfield, CT, aged 17–19 at the time of recording.

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World (IMY2 Cover)​

The Isaacs - Grandpa​

Sonya Isaacs Emotional Interview // Behind The Mask with Ray Flynn​

Last edited:

(Ghost) Riders In The Sky - Johnny Cash | Violin Cover - Karolina Protsenko​

My violin cover of "(Ghost) Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend" is a cowboy-styled country/western song written in 1948 by American songwriter, film and television actor Stan Jones.
Johnny Cash's version peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. His version is arguably the most famous version of the song.
My 2 brothers join me during my violin street performance. I hope you like it.

Dancing in the Moonlight - King Harvest cover by Reina del Cid and Toni Lindgren

The Supremes "Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music/Stoned Love" My Complete Vocal remix​

My final and most complete extended version of my favorite JMC Supremes medley from their second album from1970. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks!

mosogotam

Motown in 1966 was amazing. And the Spinners were part of that. They recorded their own wonderful tracks when they weren't busy doing gorgeous background vocals for other Motown acts. Here is my stretch of the Spinners "Truly Yours"...hope you enjoy it!
mosogotam

A big "Ice Man" hit from 1969, that Jerry composed with Gamble and Huff....produced by Thom Bell and Bobby Martin....all Philly's BEST! Hope you like the stretch...the original arrangement limited my possibilities BUT I was able to give you the unedited ending that I worked from.
mosogotam

Friends Of Distinction "Love Or Let Me be Lonely" My Extended Version!​

Jerry started a string of great Philly sound hits with this terrific track from 1968...had to stretch it!! Hope you like it!
mosogotam

There are few songs more quintessentially ’80s than Norwegian band A-ha’s “Take On Me.” It’s a synth-heavy power ballad accompanied by a high-concept music video, checking all the boxes that defined the pop music of the decade. When choosing the song for their cover, Brooklyn-based band Lake Street Dive ditched the decidedly ’80s feel of the song, infusing the song with a funky latin groove, elements of blue-eyed soul, and a fantastic trumpet solo. The result is one of our favorite covers of the season.

Four Tops "Ask The Lonely" My Extended Version TWO!​

I thought it was time for a new, more honoring version of this magnificent hymn to the lonely...we've all been there, and no one speaks to it like the Tops, the Andantes, Motown's Funk Brothers and the Detroit Symphony Strings.
mosogotam

Singer songwriter David Maguire's version of "Walk of Life". Storyline/Directed/filmed by Colm Sexton. Featuring Esther Brady as barmaid/dancer. Production assistants Jen Hunt and Helena Clarke. Filmed at Tom's Tavern, Ferbane, Offaly. April 2022. Shot in 4k on Canon C300 Mk2.

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey cover by Halocene ft F211, Violet Orlandi, Lauren Babic, Cole Rolland​

Yowser!

Jeff Beck & Eric Clapton - Live at Ronnie Scott's​

Jeff invites Eric onto the stage sparking rapturous applause. They play beautiful renditions of "Little Brown Bird" and "You Need Love" both Muddy Waters singles, the latter of which was ultimately revised and covered by Led Zeppelin as "Whole Lotta Love".The link for the full set can be found below. One of Jeff's most intimate performances and self admittedly one of his most nerve wracking too.

Celtic Music - The Hidden Valley​

Adrian von Ziegler

Sorry for uploading 3 Celtic songs in a row (I don't know if that's really something to be sorry about though xD). Autumn is finally here again and I just want to close my eyes and think of red and golden leaves, and forest moss, and snow on the mountaintops, and write music for them all day long.
Right, a little detail to add: the first melody of the song came to me in a dream, which is a rare occurrence for me.

Back
Top Bottom